It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing loved ones when sitX happens.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I smoked on average 30 to 40 cigarettes a day for over 30 years, often Capstyan Full Strength or Sobrani Black Russian, They my son was born.
Took one look at him and never had a cigarette since, cold turkey was hell but just looking at him and his mum made me realise I need my luungs working at capacity, that and my overwheling hate of the Labour govt in the UK who were taking nearlt £5 in tax off me for every packet ensured that cold turkey was the best option. Now I'm hooked on Anniseed balls

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sorry to be so long getting back. Computer crashed and just got it fixed tonight. Since it's so late in the evening here, I'm just going to give you the list of herbs that are useful or used for diabetics. Can give you more detail on any or all of them if you like.

Aloe
Basil
Bay
Bilberry
Bitter Melon
Centaury
Chamomile
Chaparral
Chinese Cucumber
Cinnamon
Coriander
Elderberry
Fenugreek
Ginger
Ginseng
Goat's Rue
Gymnema
juniper
Maitake
Myrtle
Neem
Parsley
Raspberry

Diabetic Retinopathy
Bilberry
Butcher's Broom

Neuropathy
Anise
Chitosan
Wintergreen

Some herbs can react (badly) with other herbs or (and especially) with certain prescription meds (like insulins) so don't take anything you're not well familiar with.

Sorry to post-n-run but I've got to get up early in the morning. Hope your dad's recovering. U2U me if you think he's ready for a lifestyle change that requires more herbal information.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Thank you dear. I'll have to check on those because he is taking insulin.
That's all i need is to try and help and just make it worse.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

What are anniseed balls?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis

What are anniseed balls?

My favourite Candy, along with Licourice Tablets,

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Interesting post.

We have two elderly parents that would need help in Sitx.

My mil most likely wouldn't last long. She is frail and on a number of meds. My dad is elderly. I'd have to go and rescue him from a major city. So, it would depend on exactly what was happening.

Tough decisions.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Originally posted by Anuubis

What are anniseed balls?

My favourite Candy, along with Licourice Tablets,

I'm addicted to Wrigley's doublemint gum. And peanut butter

You'll have to send me some anniseed balls so i can try them

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Does your dad have any medical problems other than being old?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I don't think a dietary change is going to help him. I talked to my brother and he said that since my dad has had 5 or 6 heartattacks his heart is only working at about 40% capacity.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
All of my family is dead - r.i.p. mom three years ago today.

I suppose I shouldn't say all - I have a husband and 6 yr old beautiful autistic daughter.

Personally, while young in spirit - I'm a mess with ailments since I gave birth. Type 2 diabetic, spine/ vertebrae issues (too much headbanging?lol) causing me to use a tens device, poor eyesight etc.

In SitX, I'm doing my part for my family on the front end. Also, I am a female treehugger but find this does not conflict in anyway with being a survivalist - only enhances it for me. With the suggestions of many fellow ATSers - I've got the bug out bag ready, stocks of beans (and now seasonings too - nice suggestion that one was), I talk to my husband often on what various senarios plans should entail.

That said, in the interest of my husbands and daughters life - if I felt for one second my physical issues would present a danger - slowing down of them; I'd take myself out.

Not trying to be overly dramatic, just a very raw, real, point of view.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67I have a husband and 6 yr old beautiful autistic daughter.

Personally, while young in spirit - I'm a mess with ailments since I gave birth. Type 2 diabetic, spine/ vertebrae issues (too much headbanging?lol) causing me to use a tens device, poor eyesight etc.

Have you thought about some of the herbal remedies listed above by Whitewave? Oh and don't headboards suck?

Also, I am a female treehugger

Not everyone is perfect
Not trying to be mean or anything, but have you thought about what your house is made out of?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

Yes, I meant to say thanks to WW - I've printed these off and appreciate them greatly.

I wasn't speaking so much to 'headboards' but rather all the metal concerts I've attended over the years. One does typically lead to the other however

My house is made of brick. Is your problem with females or tree-huggers? I use that term broadly (pun intended) as I abhor labels but admit I am very liberal. And no, I don't wish to take your gun away and don't think anyone else has the right to either. Was actually thinking of breaking down and buying one until I saw the suggestion in this survival forum that in the long run, an awesome sling shot would be a good investment. Never run out of ammo.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
reply to post by Anuubis

I wasn't speaking so much to 'headboards' but rather all the metal concerts I've attended over the years. One does typically lead to the other however

I knew what you meant, i was just messing with you
Been to a few Megadeth concerts in my life.

My house is made of brick. Is your problem with females or tree-huggers? I use that term broadly (pun intended) as I abhor labels but admit I am very liberal.

Actually it has a wood frame underneath. I used to build houses. And once again i was just messing with you
I like to do that occasionally. Ok fine maybe i like to do it a lot

And i like women very much thank you.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I often hear whispers around of me of the late Heath Ledger speaking as the joker:

Why so serious!

and yet another quote comes to mind:

"Lighten up Francies!"

And I just *knew* you were going to mention the inner structures
I've also got *gasp* wood tables and chairs! Ahhh, see there, I lightened up for a second...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Ahh you do have a sense of humor
I was hoping not to offend you because you've never given me a reason to. I just like to add humor to everything possible as it makes life so much more enjoyable

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join