It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else envy the dying?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not to be morbid or anything. Just wondering. I mean things are obviously not going in a great direction here but i want to see it through because it is exciting and unprecedented in our history what is happening right now. But I think about my grandmother who is in failing health and not long for this world. And I think "man, she is about to figure this whole thing out!" Life to death to..........what exactly? She's gonna know! I'm envious i have to admit. I would love to hear what you all have to say and let me also say this site is a breath of fresh air to post on with so many intelligent responses

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
No. Why would I envy something that will eventually happen to each and every one of us?

Besides, even if things are going bad, there are still plenty of things everyday that make me happy, and I wouldn't want to miss them just because things aren't great in every way.

Things aren't going to be bad forever, and in the meantime there are so many things to be thankful and happy for. We'll all find the answer of what's after death someday.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yep is sure do, i have had nearly 34 sh1t yers alive in this society, and i am envious of those who die, at least they are in a better place. Like a friend of mine died at school, and when i look back, he was better off, than being in this society.

sounds morbid, like you say, but those people who die, are going somewhere better no matter where.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dtice

Does anyone else envy the dying?

not yet

hang in there - you'll get your chance...

:-)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm just saying it would be very cool to know. I guess because i just don't believe that this is all there is. Maybe it's more lives maybe it's a heaven of some sort, a different dimension who knows. But my grandmother will very soon and i'm happy for that for her. And in this new thinking it has allowed me to shed many fears I once had. It's funny....when you stop being afraid of death you stop being afraid of life too.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have on several occasions.

But I assure you I will eventually die.

And well If I don't I assure you I will be very famous!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ah, yes. Waiting for the sweet relief that only dying will bring. Nope, I don't envy the dying. Dying sucks. I know I was dying 13 years ago from kidney failure and it wasn't exactly a grand ole time. Thank the medical gods for kidney transplants. However, yes, actual death might be an interesting experience. But my time will come. Not going to wish it upon myself too early. I'm having too much excitement in my life to wish to leave it just now.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Really? Thats weird. Oh well since you asked, no I don't!
The ALREADY dead? Maybe just a little bit sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join