It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you HATE about Europe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OK - since I have seen a "what do you love/hate about america, I thought I would start one off on Europe, cause I am sick of them dumping on us yanks....

I HATE frogs - yes french people. They think they are the greatest people on earth. More like greatest wimps. They are rude - far more rude then anyone you'll find in the states. They smell DISGUSTING!!!! Take a damn shower!!!!! Hey ladies - ever hear of a razor for them hairy ass arm pits? They have this idea that they are still a country that matters.
They are meaningless, but act like the US should care what they say - as if they should be able to tell us what to do.

More to come later...... Have to eat dinner.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
agree with that. no offence

But I hate more there harry potter films. Ever since those books and movies came out Ive been talking with an accent and putting 'u's in colour Imean colour Imean COLOR

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
THE FRENCH. Not really but I know someone is going to say that so, Beat you to it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I love the french culture and language and food but the people in france just tick my tock. That one song that has "strut around like your stuff dont stink" comes to mind

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Vegemite]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
agree with that. no offence

But I hate more there harry potter films. Ever since those books and movies came out Ive been talking with an accent and putting 'u's in colour Imean colour Imean COLOR

Excellent ! - its good to see that Americans are receiving decent education now, and are learning how to spell correctly

As for what I hate about Europe - the fecking Euro for one and the rush to create a Federal Europe. No doubt Blair is only betraying us in the UK because he wants to be a President just like his old friend, Dubya.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
OK - could continue with the french, but that would be too easy - I'd rather save some for later.

I HATE the way Europe acts like they are so much smarter then the US. I mean come on - get a grip. The US has the economy of almost (maybe more) then every country in Europe combined! We didn't get that way by being stupid. Facts are the facts you people - the US owns you. Admit it - you WISH you had the power that the US does! You WISH you were as important! BUT YOUR NOT! So you bitch and moan about the US being lazy and stupid to make you feel better! Get real - the best education system in the world is right over here in the US! Ever heard of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and every other Ivy? Or how about MIT? All these schools are AMERICAN attended mostly by AMERICANS!

Call us stupid when you are the ones that can buy us!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I hate the European women that don't shave their armpits.

EWWWWWWWW!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I hate how everyone in Europe seems to hate America, and they take it out on the American people. Like they're so much better than us for some innate reason. Many (not all, I know) foreigners see American entertainment media and take that as representing all Americans, which we all know it doesn't. That's what I hate.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
OK - since I have seen a "what do you love/hate about america, I thought I would start one off on Europe, cause I am sick of them dumping on us yanks....

I HATE frogs - yes french people. They think they are the greatest people on earth. More like greatest wimps. They are rude - far more rude then anyone you'll find in the states. They smell DISGUSTING!!!! Take a damn shower!!!!! Hey ladies - ever hear of a razor for them hairy ass arm pits? They have this idea that they are still a country that matters.
They are meaningless, but act like the US should care what they say - as if they should be able to tell us what to do.

More to come later...... Have to eat dinner.

Hey, do you know where France is on a map?

I'll be real happy if you do!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nothing.

And I can't wait to go back there with my British husband as soon as my kids are eighteen.

Europe to me is far less uptight and politically correct then America. People also seem so much more laid back and understand the importance of vacations and leisure time. Here in the states, tell a boss you want a day off for personal reasons, and unless you've had a limb amputated, forget it. There is no excuse.

Shaving your pits or any other part of your body isn't natural. I totally respect the french on insisting on what is most natural. Oh, and they don't 'stink' either. They just simply don't smell like they've caked themselves in every single deoderant invented by man.

Yes. I'm a born and bred American girl. But a european at heart and soul.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nothing at all, we must have some kind of outside economy.

Europe is jealous of us.

The pupil becomes the master.

USA! USA! USA!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Stupid Europeans!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
"Nothing at all, we must have some kind of outside economy.

Europe is jealous of us.

The pupil becomes the master.

USA! USA! USA!"

Jesus, you think the world is jealous of you? We're next door and saying, DUDE, that ain't the case. It's a case of bad timing, imperialism died and America is the only nation in the world that hasn't got the memo yet. It's time to look within and leave the world ALONE. You've done it before, remember, WW2, everyone was in by 1939, you 1941, c'mon, save yourselves, we might need you again, if we fail.

Thomas, where are you? I've noticed that you've heard me, I've heard you as well.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i hate those goddamn swedes, always talking with that horrible language of theirs which we here in finland have to learn beacuse of some ancient historical reasons.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't hate anything about Europe. IMO They're about a 100 years ahead of us socially and culturally, they live longer, healthier lives, have a less psychopathic work ethic, and they sure know how to have fun. This doesn't apply to all countries in Europe, but most.
Oh, they realized that their countries are so close together and interdependent, they needed a common currency.

The one thing I do hate about Europe....those damn electrical outlets!!! Oh, and Serbia.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
OK - could continue with the french, but that would be too easy - I'd rather save some for later.

I HATE the way Europe acts like they are so much smarter then the US. I mean come on - get a grip. The US has the economy of almost (maybe more) then every country in Europe combined! We didn't get that way by being stupid. Facts are the facts you people - the US owns you. Admit it - you WISH you had the power that the US does! You WISH you were as important! BUT YOUR NOT! So you bitch and moan about the US being lazy and stupid to make you feel better! Get real - the best education system in the world is right over here in the US! Ever heard of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and every other Ivy? Or how about MIT? All these schools are AMERICAN attended mostly by AMERICANS!

Call us stupid when you are the ones that can buy us!

Madman it's that kind of attitude that feeds the anti-US cannon you know. Get off yer dildo, you're the dog that's having it's day, just like the Romans, the French, the Spanish and the Brits, youre first in the que so enjoy while it lasts and hope to God by the time your star is fading that humanity has moved on from this top dog crap and onto the United States of Earth idea.

Pride is understandable,
conciet is boring!

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by ubermunche]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah, why is this thread here? This is just feeding racism. Kinda funny to see though. Why does everybody have to be so racist? It's like everyone has to be pro one country, and against the other. In cause nobody noticed, The U.S and Europe are allies (not that that matters socially), but why do we have to hate each other's countries (and/or continents)? I'm sure europeans find some of our traditions weird as well... In fact, if anyone out there is from Europe, I urge you to post things that you can't stand about the states. And when did we (in the U.S.) go from the big stupid lazy Americans, to the ones who work too hard?

Also, people from Britain who are still ranting about the Revolutionary War, it's over. I've actually seen some posts on forums and things where British people are saying "Those stupid yankees, like a bratty child dis-obeying their mother". And no, America isn't any stupider than Europe (not insinuating that Europe is stupid either).

I think the british "accent" sounds pretty cool. I like British girls, the "accent" always gets me :-). I put accent in quotes because technically we Americans are the ones with the accents.. British people always seem to sound happy. I've always been curious how Americans sound to British people. Well anyway, I've gone off rambling again. I guess I'll end my post here.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't really have an opinion as i've never been to Europe. However i do know that The British (having all British Relatives) really really hate being referred to as European. And the Euro
... I hope they don't create a new Currency for America and Canada, what the hell would we call it?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Cityscapes are shamefully devoid of good skating surfaces.

DC

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have traveled a considerable amount and the only place that I really did not care for is Germany. I spent 3 weeks touring Germany and it seemed like the most depressing place on Earth...and their obsession with David Hasslehoff confuses the hell out of me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join