It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hate about America?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
well amuk i see why he says you spell like a srunken scottish guy
u spelled drunken like this: drunking

umm I didn't say that to him though.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

well amuk i see why he says you spell like a srunken scottish guy
u spelled drunken like this: drunking

A srunken scottish guy?

Pass the bottle this way

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
hahahahaha
i cant believe i wrote something about ur spelling and spelled something wrong. ahhah

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
see thats why I love this place.

we go from the apologies of the dumb ass king (me)

to booz jokes. GOD BLESS ATS!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i thought we were supposed to be talkin about what we hate about america but we are all just yellin at eachother
man this is of topic.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
meh, drunks are funnier.

and where could we EVER find a drunk in America?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
America is full of drunks espescially at the beach

oh wat about that amuk guy he sounds pretty drunk

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Naw just in a good mood because of this

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
thats cool amuk congratulations to ur son. did he pound the snot out of the other kids?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
cool, congrats.

may both of you kick many an ass.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

thats cool amuk congratulations to ur son. did he pound the snot out of the other kids?

Of course but it should be talked about on the other thread

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
o ok next time i will remeber to use the other thread lets get back on topic

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
yea, uh AMERICA SUCKS! there, that shuld light some infernos

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

yeah but one of the reasons america sux is you guys gotta wait 3 more years to get drunk (legally)... although if its anything like Australia you guys were probably drinking from 14 anyways

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

yeah but one of the reasons america sux is you guys gotta wait 3 more years to get drunk (legally)... although if its anything like Australia you guys were probably drinking from 14 anyways

I agree with your point. I find it absolutely ridiculous that our 18 year old kids can't have a beer after a hard day in Iraq. They can die for their country, but they can't drink to it?
Pathetic. You can thank Reagan for that one....

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
American way of life is big, big, big..!

Big cars, Big food, Big money...

American way of life is based on the consumerism excess. America (USA) are swalowing the whole earth ressources just for bizness. When these ressources will be empty, what will left ?

Nice generalizations

When I last checked, most of the world is right there alondside the US comsuming those very same resources. France, China, India etc......

Yeah most of the world does use these resources as well but no-where near as much as the USA does... the USA uses nearly a quarter of the worlds energy eah year... for a popultion of 200 million or whatever it is, thats alot of energy to be using... you use more than china does and they have a population of 1 billion +

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yeah most of the world does use these resources as well but no-where near as much as the USA does... the USA uses nearly a quarter of the worlds energy eah year... for a popultion of 200 million or whatever it is, thats alot of energy to be using... you use more than china does and they have a population of 1 billion +

I think modernization has alot to do with it. We have a modern infrastucture that is many years ahead of China. At least in how much of the general population uses it. We are more like a Germany or UK on a larger scale. With the exception of some of the more Podunk type areas, everything is modern in our country.

The more interesting dilema is, what is the world going to do for energy when countries like China and India modernize the majority of their massive populations? ie. there is only so much coal and oil to go around.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Thats not true! American drunken youth, listen to me! You can drink at 18 years old legally in a private residence is New Orleans, LA.!!!!!!!! I came to this haven of alcohol to go to school a while back, and was told by my school that we were "only" allowed to drink legally in our dorm rooms because they were considered a private home! You can also get into bars here at 18, and most will serve!

Any way, back on topic - I hate how parts of the US have a superiority complex - like, Texas! Texas is not it's own country! It never will be!

And god I hate them damn Yankees and their owner George! He ruined the national passtime!

I hate god damn welfare! Why in the hell do I have to pay for some worthless bum to eat - they should get jobs like the rest of the country!

Doing taxes - could they make it any more complicated?

PC bull# (I guess that is everywhere though)

Affirmative action

Taxi drivers, and drivers from NYC, DC, and Florida in general.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Modernisation is part of it, but the UK doesnt use alot of energy compared to the states (per capita) neither do most european countries. They put alot in 'Green' energy like solar, wind and water. Also they use more hybrid cars (electric/petrol) and the cars they make tend to be alot smaller...

The reason the US has such a high energy consumption level is you like things big... big cars, big meals, and lots of packaging to go with it... It seems to us 'outsiders' the USA cares alot more about profits than ecology... The fact that the US government refuses to spend money on 'green' energy because its not in their commercial interests actuallt shows that they do not represet the people but more so the rich people... when we run out of resources and have to live in the dark... everyone will be cursing the USA every cold night they live through

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Modernisation is part of it, but the UK doesnt use alot of energy compared to the states (per capita) neither do most european countries.

The reason the US has such a high energy consumption level is you like things big... big cars, big meals, and lots of packaging to go with it... It seems to us 'outsiders' the USA cares alot more about profits than ecology...

You are right on the profit part. That is definitely part of the problem. Profit is emphasized over "greater good" in this country. We have been gutting our country for the past 25 years. "Outsourcing" is on it's way to becoming a dirty word in our country.

That being said, you really cannot compare us to other nations. Along with our infrastructure, we also maintain the one of the world's largest and definitely most globally distributed armed forces. Just keeping them supplied is a great great consumer of our resources.

I am sure that we can cut out alot of things......but we are not the only ones with our hands in the cookie jar.

There has to be a big change with all countries, not just the USA if we want to keep the world running.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Facefirst]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join