It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hate about America?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

Facefirst, Muaddib, you taking notes on how to shut someone down?

Excuse me? Please explain.

I am just trying to put in my 2 cents. That's all.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hold on a second here. Everyone here is trying to bring it back to the MTV/Consumerist American Dream that attempts to convince people of what they really want. Haven't I been saying all along that the whole thing is a farce? The American Dream, today, as a result of this "NWO" vision and media influenced culture is how the modern definition came about. I'm not talking abotu everyones personal "American Dream" I'm talking about the one pepetuated by the media onslaught. Now everyone agrees with me the one forced on us is a lie? I feel fulfilled.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Skadi...I think you will find that dream more of a global one, rather than an American one. I want to be self sufficient in a distant galaxy just to get away from you lot
and I'm not American.

But you are right, your ancestors did have that in mind. but that was in a different world.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Oh and kindly inform Amuk that he has never done a thing to help the world, and that he lives off the comfort of other peoples doings, and that he is really not anything special. And to try and add something to his pointless post....like a topic.

Man you dont know the first thing about me.

I have served my country and my community and my family, I do charity work and teach Karate to underprivildged kids. I have raised four kids on a ninth grade education working two or three jobs sometimes to make ends meet, but you are right I am nothing special just the avarage American. You know one of the "evil" ones.

What do you do besides bitch about America?

I am not gonna swap insults with you anymore I have better tyhings to do but I would just like to add that it is easy to talk # a thousand miles away behind the safety of a monitar.

I wonder if you are so mouthy in person

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Oh and kindly inform Amuk that he has never done a thing to help the world, and that he lives off the comfort of other peoples doings, and that he is really not anything special. And to try and add something to his pointless post....like a topic.

Whoever posted this please refrain.

Back to topic please.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Drunk no problem...I said a few posts back for him to stop this, but his posts seem to be only directed at me... He seems to think I should thank him for what he did for europe :-/

Oh well...I will ignore him totally from now on.

LOL threatening me now :-) Its ok I am not responding..just laughing my nutz off:-D

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by AgentMadcap]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If members have problems with other members you can do 2 things:

1.send a complaint
2.just ignore them i mean its a simple as that.

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by drunk]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I'm not talking abotu everyones personal "American Dream" I'm talking about the one pepetuated by the media onslaught. Now everyone agrees with me the one forced on us is a lie? I feel fulfilled.

I agree with you on that point. The difference is that we don't have to accept or pursue the "ideal" presented by the media. Thank god for that!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Facefirst you are very right when you say you dont have to accept anything.....but when certain dreamsor values are pumped into you everyday by the media..its tends to become the normal, which is what could be described as Media brainwashing.

Even I fall for it sometimes, with fancy products.

Media are very clever at mapping out what makes us tick, kinda like knowing how you think :-)

Sadly my defence is to be cautious of everyone and everything, and not to float on other people opinions, no I'm not always right, but I'm not always wrong.
But makes more sence than the crap we take in everyday.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Agreed...... the bright shiny things that glisten are sometimes hard to resist. Macintosh comes to mind.
(not bashing, i love mac)

But as long as someone is aware that there are other things in life, then it's their choice. It is the people I see who don't realize that who I feel sorry for.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Facefirst, Muaddib, you taking notes on how to shut someone down?

Insite, there is no need for that, you do a pretty good job for shutting yourself up. I just love it when you keep contradicting yourself

You are one of the people that says the US has been "dumbed-down" but yet, you want to legalize drugs that would raise the percentage of people who would be affected and dumbed down with the use of these drugs.

Let me quote in here some of your own contradictions.

"Insite---Permanent darkness and absolute zero during winter. But no thought police!! haha!"

Excerpt taken from.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Insite---I also lived in Brunei for two years. And trust me, no one is controlling anyone else. "

Excerpt taken from.

"Insite---I hate the idea that the United States is the most free nation on the planet. It's a farce. While it oppresses its citizens in a manner that generally provides revenue for it's counties through a reckless proficiency in handing out sentences for the most non-violent of crimes."

Excerpt taken from.

This is a response from me to your posts. Lets read about an official law in Brunei, the country where you say it is freer than the US.

"Muaddib---Internal Security Enactment of 1982 which authorizes the indefinite detention without charge or trial of anyone acting in a manner prejudicial to the security of the State.(Which is the Sultan)"

Wow, in Brunei you can't be a part of "any" other government party, actually none is allowed to exist. And those who have tried have been in jail with no trial for 20+ years.

Not to mention your contradictions on what the forefathers of the US had in mind. You say they wanted to have an anarchy...but anarchy=no government, and the US forefathers "wrote about a government" of the US.

Need i say more?

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My American Dream (even though im not an American)

To see America gone

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMadcap
My American Dream (even though im not an American)

To see America gone

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Its simular to Nostradamus's vision of our future, though sadly its after ww3 and we die :-(

It's ok most of the stuff he predicted was untrue, I think as little as 5% was true....and I think we all have a capibility to study the world and to make our own predictions, and some would come true. But he did stand out above the rest, enough to avoid execution for devil worshipping, he was saved by the queen because he proved to her his predictions was true. How this was done who knows, but then again stick David blaine in those days....he would of been executed on the spot for satanic something

Good vision, and could be accomplished, but we are to messed up right now.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMadcap
Its simular to Nostradamus's vision of our future, though sadly its after ww3 and we die :-(

It's ok most of the stuff he predicted was untrue, I think as little as 5% was true....and I think we all have a capibility to study the world and to make our own predictions, and some would come true. But he did stand out above the rest, enough to avoid execution for devil worshipping, he was saved by the queen because he proved to her his predictions was true. How this was done who knows, but then again stick David blaine in those days....he would of been executed on the spot for satanic something

Good vision, and could be accomplished, but we are to messed up right now.

The thing with prognostication is being vague and allowing others to infer their own meaning.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
the decriminalization of all drugs would benefit this country so immensely that it can hardly be gauged. when you take the criminal aspect out of using drugs crime immediately goes down just because of that. there will be no more "drug dealers" as there are now, who must be prepared for and deliver violence, if they are going to deal for very long. i can't believe even started to argue this #ing point all of you think that drug usage should be illegal are not stopping and thinking about all the money being spent to fight drugs. officers spending there time chasing down pot heads while your mom is getting raped and strangled to death.

over half of the prisons are filled with people who are incarcerated solely for drug offenses. me and you are paying for them while they should be a free person contributing in some way to society.

in the long run drug usage will decline. because all the stupid teens won't think it is cool to use drugs if it is legal. i god damn guarantee it.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I read it like fiction. Scripture is to dangerous to take seriously, even though some of it is scarily true. But scripture changes, hitler alone destroyed so many books in his time of power..who knows what was lost.

I can't take the Bible seriously as I cannot verify the source. Same with most scripture...it just appeared.
And if anyone does say they know how it appeared, how do they know its not just a lie?

All confusing...so best all taken with a pinch of salt.

Religious scripture and politics should not be together I know that much, The president shouldn't openly praise god, not whilst so much variety is a part of America.

Seems religion instantly seperates us without question.

I know Blair is known to be a god boy...but he would be crucified if he started to openly praise god. A lot of his votes are from the ethnic majority that got to the UK through Blairs scheme..though dont be decieved, it wasn't about kindness, it was cheap labour to them.

Suppose if you want to satisfy the large majority..keep religion out of it.

Only leads to arguments and bloodshed.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
oh yea well bloodshed and violence thats our future,

because people are a bunch of freakin' sleepin' sheep being led to the slaughter.

so what's the point right?

[Edited on 4/23/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
oh yea well bloodshed and violence thats our future,

because people are a bunch of freakin' sleepin' sheep being led to the slaughter.

so what's the point right?

[Edited on 4/23/2004 by panchovilla]

LoL dunno what you are smoking but it must be good

I agree with you except at the point of praising god is awesome...for obvious reasons

Nice you agree that a sence of corrupt madness fills there shoes though...way to much power.

OI stop editing your post :-) the quote is now different.

And the future can go either way...don't let the bastards bring you down
a lot of it is crap designed to depress us.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

when you take the criminal aspect out of using drugs crime immediately goes down just because of that. there will be no more "drug dealers" as there are now, who must be prepared for and deliver violence, if they are going to deal for very long. i can't believe even started to argue this [V] point all of you think that drug usage should be illegal are not stopping and thinking about all the money being spent to fight drugs. officers spending there time chasing down pot heads while your mom is getting raped and strangled to death.

Ok, you want to think about it...lets think about it. Lets say drugs are legal, now there will be a lot more kids and other people wanting to buy drugs since they are legal. What happens when kids that have no job or their jobs don't pay enough need money to buy the legal drugs? More crime, they will resort to stealing and mugging, in which way do you see crime going down because of this?

As for kids losing interest and not using drugs once they become legal....have you not heard of kids using glue and other household items to inhale their poisonous fumes and get high? These household items are "legal," and this doesn't deter the amount of kids that use them...

The fact that many kids use glue to get high should tell you that legalizing drugs will not make kids and people in general not wanting to use drugs to get high.

On the contrary, when the law says that all these drugs are legal, more people will try them and this will increase the problems in the US.

Your guarantee only tells me that you have an agenda behind wanting these drugs legal, maybe because you do use drugs too.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join