It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hate about America?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

when you take the criminal aspect out of using drugs crime immediately goes down just because of that. there will be no more "drug dealers" as there are now, who must be prepared for and deliver violence, if they are going to deal for very long. i can't believe even started to argue this [V] point all of you think that drug usage should be illegal are not stopping and thinking about all the money being spent to fight drugs. officers spending there time chasing down pot heads while your mom is getting raped and strangled to death.

Ok, you want to think about it...lets think about it. Lets say drugs are legal, now there will be a lot more kids and other people wanting to buy drugs since they are legal. What happens when kids that have no job or their jobs don't pay enough need money to buy the legal drugs? More crime, they will resort to stealing and mugging, in which way do you see crime going down because of this?

As for kids losing interest and not using drugs once they become legal....have you not heard of kids using glue and other household items to inhale their poisonous fumes and get high? These household items are "legal," and this doesn't deter the amount of kids that use them...

The fact that many kids use glue to get high should tell you that legalizing drugs will not make kids and people in general not wanting to use drugs to get high.

On the contrary, when the law says that all these drugs are legal, more people will try them and this will increase the problems in the US.

Your guarantee only tells me that you have an agenda behind wanting these drugs legal, maybe because you do use drugs too.

Not sure who you quoted there, but I agree with them totally.

Muaddib, how on this EARTH can you excuse the police spending time chasing down these horrible pot smoking criminals *dripping sarcasm* here, while on the other side of town (or block, or WHEREVER), a woman is gang-raped or worse, killed ?

With regards to drugs that are made legal becoming more of a temptation then ever, especially to kids, I think you're forgeting about a little something called "reverse psychology". It's when you take something and make it ILLEGAL that people get this sudden urge to try it, not the other way around. This is because of the inner hidden rebel in each of us (yes, I realize a few defective souls were born without this mechanism in place) that says "Hey, I'm not supposed to do this ? Okaaay, give me some right now !!!"

Also, I must take issue with your statement that those who argue for legalization of drugs are, because of their very resistance, actual drug users.

This is the kind of nonsensical bull# the police think. You are for it, you must be a part of it kind of thinking.

It is horse#.

I myself quit smoking pot about a decade ago (from MY own free will too..not because I was forced into it because it was ILLEGAL (shaking in my boots here). But I will forever defend an adults right to do as they please in their own home.

Please get a life of your own Muaddib and stop nosing around and playing big brother to everyone elses.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I dont really hate anything about the United States. Overall I think America has a lot to be proud about.

However, of the 100 - 200 americans I've had to do with the last few years, the only really consistant features that put me off was:

1) Arrogance

2)Ignorance (especially concerning Africa, a few mean one actually asked me if I'v ever been attacked by a lion or another wild animal?!?)

But overall, your not all that bad, and like I said you have a lot to be proud about. I envy your intense patriotism.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Only danger from Weed(pot) is the damage to the brain and body...and the fact that smokers hate getting up early for work

Never known a weed smoker to rape anyone?

Big difference from weed and crack.

Infact you are more likely to find a drinker more of a danger to society, and thats totally legal.

Personally I'm pretty liberal about most things, but the idea to legalize Crack is totally insane

attacked by a Lion
...its ok mate, I wear a bowler hat, drink cups of Tea and have infact met the Queen

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by AgentMadcap]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am far from hating this place as a nation, but its population could use some work. It's not their fault, however.

What I really hate about the US is the poor quality of education, and the overdedication towards the media in comparison to the low amount of financial support given towards education.

of course... if the general public was more educated than they are now... well... the sheep would not be so easy to follow the shepherd

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpusDei

2)Ignorance (especially concerning Africa, a few mean one actually asked me if I'v ever been attacked by a lion or another wild animal?!?)

Ignorance is something that is a worldwide trait.

Being around NYC, in my travels, people say things like, "How many mobsters do you know?" or "Have you ever been shot at?"

Too much of The Sopranos and Sex and the City.

I still can't believe that people base their knowledge of the world based on tv shows.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What I hate about America--

We are always right.

We can do anything better than anybody.

Political correctness--this I hate, despise and abhor.

Far left wackos. Las Vegas. And, I'm not fond of Michael Moore.

IGNORANCE.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^
What I hate about America

But then again didn't the post change to Arrogance?!?!

And look what came through the door.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMadcap
^^^^^^^^

Who are you refering to?

not moi!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Not you...

I'm pointing to the Republican below you:-) in all sence and purposes.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
I am far from hating this place as a nation, but its population could use some work. It's not their fault, however.

What I really hate about the US is the poor quality of education, and the overdedication towards the media in comparison to the low amount of financial support given towards education.

of course... if the general public was more educated than they are now... well... the sheep would not be so easy to follow the shepherd

You are not wrong, and this appears to be the main problem, I did mention the education system needed a lot of work in the USA...I was told by an American that it is fine and the best in the world.

Thankfully you can see past that thin barrior between reality and bullsh*t

I am still figuring out how to reply to patriotism, I can see pride and manipulation from it. Suppose a little patriotism is fine, its just when its used to lead blind people into wars it gets a little disturbing.

Wonder if Nazism started with Patriotism.

Not saying patriotism is bad, but it can easily be abused

Real History can help us find the right path, but as long as history is rewritten, we corrupt our only guide.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I actually agree. History is written by the Victorious.
Because of that it is a double edged sword. A blessing and a curse. Or at least until proven wrong in the future somehow.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by Muaddib
Wow, in Brunei you can't be a part of "any" other government party, actually none is allowed to exist. And those who have tried have been in jail with no trial for 20+ years.

Didn't I already tell you to stop talking about subjects for which you do not have the slightest idea about? Go to Brunei man, live there, LIKE I DID. YOu can get away with whatever you want. There are more than one type of freedom and I'm sick of having to repeat myself because you find some lame evidence of oppression when in truth there really is none. Go back and read specialasianX's post, he's echoing the same thing I say and he lived there for seven years. Don't you think it's strange that the person who's never been there is arguing about the way of life with people who have actually lived there? You are NO authority on the subject. You have a first person account staring you in the face and you want to dispute it. That's on you man, but do you know how hard it is to get arrested in Brunei? No you don't so I'll tell you. VERY, VERY, hard. Read all the articles about legislation you want. I'm telling you what it's like there and if you don't want to believe me then you can look like an idiot however long you want. I'm not arguing with you about the freedom of life in Brunei... you have no clue and you're insulting me.

Not to mention your contradictions on what the forefathers of the US had in mind. You say they wanted to have an anarchy...but anarchy=no government, and the US forefathers "wrote about a government" of the US.

I said Jefferson was an anarchist, that's why he didn't sign the constitution. The representatives of the states had to sign over control to initiate a federal government. Many people didn't want to sign it because it took authority away from a more local level that is better influenced by the people (anarchism). This is why Madison and Jackson wrote Federalist papers, to try and convince people that signing it was the right idea. You have a minority faction of people who wanted a federal system and a majority who took a long time to be convinced. The constitution wasn't sighned in one day. By the way, I never contradicted myself.

Need i say more?

Nope, you can stfu.

[Edited on 4-25-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think he has...at least on this subject

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insite
I'm sick of having to repeat myself because you find some lame evidence of oppression

Ya.....you just said it yourself..

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I just realized my last post may have seemed mean.

Muaddib,

I just feel like sometimes (from what I've read of your posts) that you worry just a little too much about what the other guy is up to.

I really do think you mean well. I think you're a truly nice and caring guy, but what I take issue with is your seemingly Big Brother ideals, and while I too care very much for the state of humanity in general, I can never condone the "watchdog" mindset.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
I just realized my last post may have seemed mean.

Muaddib,

I just feel like sometimes (from what I've read of your posts) that you worry just a little too much about what the other guy is up to.

I really do think you mean well. I think you're a truly nice and caring guy, but what I take issue with is your seemingly Big Brother ideals, and while I too care very much for the state of humanity in general, I can never condone the "watchdog" mindset.

Well, Kayem, to tell you the truth i don't think you are a bad person either, althou some of our opinions differ, I do tend to become mean at times when i see others being mean or sarcastic at me or another person i do not believe deserves to be treated that way.

I do agree that there are somethings that we should all work together to improve our nation, but i don't think that making all sorts of drugs legal in the US will help us, or calling for an all out war or violent rebellion against the government.

I see a trend in what some people are saying in these forums and others that is very dangerous and will put in danger a lot more innocent people in the states if things escalate to the level i have seen in my visions.

i am not a prophet, nor do i proclaim to be one, or a messiah, or anything like that, but I know that everyone has the ability to contact the spiritual world without the need of drugs that dumb down our bodies and minds.

I do hope none of the visions I have seen come true, but as I have said, slowly i have seen more and more people over the years take this road that will lead to a lot of suffering and deaths in the states.

I still think that if we work together, peacefully we can improve our government and our nation.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

^^^^^^^^

Would that be me? Perhaps you didn't read the post correctly

Where is the arrogance coming from?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

^^^^^^^^

Would that be me? Perhaps you didn't read the post correctly

Where is the arrogance coming from?

I think he means in general.

I hope he does i really hate these kind of topics cos they are a nest for insults and name calling.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I think he means in general.

I doubt it

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Not you...

I'm pointing to the Republican below you:-) in all sence and purposes.

That looks like me, drunk. I'll be interested in seeing what agentmadcap says. He apparently has no clue as to what I said, or is rude...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join