It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vid of Obama on CNN talking about implementing National Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Vid of Obama on CNN talking about implementing National Service

www.youtube.com

"I am very excited about the possibility that we may be able to get National Service done in the next few weeks..."

-Obama
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-3-2009 by imagreenslushie]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I was watching CNN news and when a woman asked what his administration is going to do to make the cost of college cheaper for everyone, Obama responds with this...

www.youtube.com...

I wasn't able to get the first part of his answer, but still. This was just in passing on CNN. Seems more important to me.

The clip is from Obama's "Virtual Town Hall" that took place today, 3/26/09, in which he took questions from citizens via YouTube and other digital mediums.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by imagreenslushie]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That video dont work..

This can help you..

I have no comment at this time.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
just click the link at the top of my original post.

or go here...www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This sounds like its more of a draft than anything.. from what I get from that bit of video.. or something of that nature.. I cant really comment on this cause I don't know a lot about Obama... but from the looks of it he don't seem like a good candidate... Thanks to the Presidential Idol we get what we get, another 4 yrs of crap.

a fix for you link..

[edit on 3/26/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wonder if he plans to implement a civilian version of the "GI Bill" for those who serve in National Service? Maybe even a student loan payment program like the military has?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Yep, your right there, but thats america today. And you guys thought he was a change from bush, lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sen. De Mint is the only one that I have been able to find that has actually spoken out against this Bill in public.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The terminology of this Bill leaves the backdoor to modification wide open. HR 1444 will ensure that. Pay attention to number 6!

Congressional Commission on Civic Service Act (Introduced in House) SEC. 4. DUTIES. (b) Specific Topics- In carrying out its general purpose under subsection (a), the Commission shall address and analyze the following specific topics:
(3) Whether there is an appropriate role for Federal, State, and local governments in overcoming the issues that deter volunteerism and national service and, if appropriate, how to expand the relationships and partnerships between different levels of government in promoting volunteerism and national service.

(6) Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.

www.govtrack.us...

[edit on 26-3-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To me, if i wanna be around someone or otehrs, then i will, suppose i dont wanna be 'brought together'? Where i live in CT, latinos tend to stay with latinons, they give a damn abuot black or whites...then that get the other race groups ticked off at eachother. At least where i live, wheres the willing untiy in that>?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well...tons of volunteers are already canvasing whichever streets they happen to be local to, knocking on doors and extolling the virtues of Obama's economic, domestic and foreign policy plans...

...I wish I had my own little grass roots propoganda campaign. The TV may bring it to your living room; but the vapid 20-something who is just so positiveley pleased to be able to talk your ear off can bring it right to the front yard.

Go team!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That some pretty scary stuff. The part that really alarmed me was at the 7:10 mark on. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Well...tons of volunteers are already canvasing whichever streets they happen to be local to, knocking on doors and extolling the virtues of Obama's economic, domestic and foreign policy plans...

I saw the CNN clip of the Obama volunteer knocking on that old man's door on AJ's show. I wonder if having one guy shooting video of these door to door operations isn't meant purely as an intimidation tactic.

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

"I saw the CNN clip of the Obama volunteer knocking on that old man's door on AJ's show. I wonder if having one guy shooting video of these door to door operations isn't meant purely as an intimidation tactic."

Oh, how I'd love them to try that with me. They'd both get a one finger salute. (probably get arrested afterwords an labled a terrorist)

top topics

join