It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

injured: My encounter with police, ambulance, citizens, refused to help me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali
I would have carried you on my back and brought you home myself,
without a second thought in my mind, even if that would cost me a few
days back pain.

I can't believe that people don't take such a great chance to help another
human being. Such a chance to help someone is like a gift from God,
it's ridiculous people would just let it be and let you rot on the street.

Can't believe no one helped you, Jesus. They should be ashamed of
themselves, every single person that refused to help you. But when their
life review comes after they've died, they will weep in shame.

[edit on (27/3/09) by Wehali]

I believe it was Ted Bundy that faked injuries to lure women to their deaths. I seriously doubt he was the one and only human being to think of that. My point is simple: I wouldn't have given some stranger a ride to their house, day or night, injured or not. I would have done exactly what that woman did, called the cops or ambulance, and wished him well.

Maybe it isn't fair to the non-rapists and murderers out there, but it isn't fair being raped and killed by someone who took advantage of a well-meaning passer-by, either.

No shame and no weeping here.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

i said i understood about the citizens even though its no way to live in fear, the woman i understand completely but the men who refused simply have no man in them. the cop should have given me a ride home and the buck stops there. that was the point of the thread the citizens saying no was just a added bonus.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

I can’t believe people these days, What is happening out there to society ?

I seen a runner\ jogger fall and take a very bad scrape on his knee. I turned my truck around and gave the man medical attention with the first aid kit in my truck. he scraped his knee bad, but not enough to call an ambulance. He too also had a very bad sprain. I gave this guy a ride home, gave him my cell phone to call his wife to have the front door ready and open. When we got there I carried him into his living room. I also made a good friend that day.

Ok, just to sum this up “ Leave no man \ Women behind, Ever”

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper

Originally posted by Nifron
I had a horrible experience as well just before christmas last year, I walking down a side street and was jumped, pepper sprayed by 5-6 people. They took $40.00. It was the most frustrating, degrading feeling i think i have ever felt.

Due to the close contact when i got sprayed, i was temporarily blinded for over 2 hours it was minus 25 out( i live in Canada) and all i could do is crawl on the sidewalk to where i heard noise of people, The people i encountered all thought i was drugged up, but i was hysterical, people where actual making fun of me and how i was acting like a baby. I finally started to harass a local business (club or bar) and they told me to get lose until i started to scream, and hollar then they called the police on me cause i was hurting there business for being there, they wouldnt give me water to wash my eyes out, nothing.

Police Show up and asked me what i am Selling! I say What? have just been assaulted and you think i'm a drug dealer? I need help here. finally abumbulance shows and helps wash me eyes to the point i can actually open them for a second at a time. Police check me out and take my story, i ask for a ride home, they refused at first, but after crying and not knowing how or even if i can make it in the state i was in they aggree to take me in the direction and area i live, and they dropped me i block from my house.

I hear ya, People are Scared to help, Police Dont want to usually, and are very bias.

dam dude you beat my situation 100 fold, sorry man that's horrible. i could say i feel your pain but i would be lying, i have a small idea though.. = (

this is why these are the end of days...people have forgot God...

On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"

I don't know so much as they forgot God, They feel morally disconnected, and one way is through Jesus. There are many ways which one can achieve this. I'm not denying what you are saying, But there is more to it then God, it's called "yourSelf". We are losing compassion to help anyone that is not in our fold, it's shameful in all eyes.

Peace be with you, I believe in helping others in a time of need, it's not based on religion, it's on personal conviction.

peace

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I cannot believe some of the posts in this thread excusing the police, ambo's and citizens for not helping. You people are a DISGRACE and the very reason this world is in the shape is is currently. I sincerely hope you find yourselves in a similar situation where you need help and then get a taste of your own medicine.

I seem to be a magnet for accidents happening around me and I could write a book about the amount of times I have stopped to help a stranger out. I have driven people home, taken them to the hospital, I have even carried someone who broke their leg 4 blocks to the hospital - causing me to be bedridden for a week after that with an injured back. But you know what? I don't care because I know that I did the right thing to help out my fellow HUMAN BEINGS. I am not even religious, I just have a strong sense of right and wrong.

To those people who would have left the OP there I say get off your high horses, stop and take a look at the state of the world around you and realise that your contributing to the world plummeting into degradation and chaos. You make me sick to my very core and as I stated above, I hope you get a 'taste of your own medicine' as it seems only something like that will wake you up from your little dream-world in which you currently reside.

Flame me all you want - I could care less as you would only be proving my point.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Indeed Kryties...Indeed

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hey man that's messed no one would trust you.I have got stranded a few times not always injured but someone would usually give me a ride or let use there phone.Ill share a quick similar story I was riding my bike late at night in a parking lot they had this stupid walkway that extended in to the parking lot basically two parallel cement 4x4 that extend in two the parking lot.I enjoy riding fast whether its day or night I didn't see the cement I flew over the handle bars and my hip landed on the other cement 4x4 I yell for a second then lay in pain for a minute or so after being pissed about the crash decide to get back on my bike and head home.The next morning I couldn't move my leg turn or roll my roommates sister showed up and gave me a ride to a hospital turned out to be an internal bruising they gave me Vicodin for two weeks.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I cannot believe some of the posts in this thread excusing the police, ambo's and citizens for not helping. You people are a DISGRACE and the very reason this world is in the shape is is currently. I sincerely hope you find yourselves in a similar situation where you need help and then get a taste of your own medicine.

I seem to be a magnet for accidents happening around me and I could write a book about the amount of times I have stopped to help a stranger out. I have driven people home, taken them to the hospital, I have even carried someone who broke their leg 4 blocks to the hospital - causing me to be bedridden for a week after that with an injured back. But you know what? I don't care because I know that I did the right thing to help out my fellow HUMAN BEINGS. I am not even religious, I just have a strong sense of right and wrong.

To those people who would have left the OP there I say get off your high horses, stop and take a look at the state of the world around you and realise that your contributing to the world plummeting into degradation and chaos. You make me sick to my very core and as I stated above, I hope you get a 'taste of your own medicine' as it seems only something like that will wake you up from your little dream-world in which you currently reside.

Flame me all you want - I could care less as you would only be proving my point.

What a lot of pissant babble. Please. Go out and tell your wife or your daughter: if they're alone driving at night and they see an injured man: STOP! Pick him up! Take him where he wants!

You haven't done it, have you?

Most cars have only the driver in them.

Most cops can easily smell a cop hater.

Most people who have actually stopped for someone wouldn't mention it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

No, it's quite correct - if people actually cared about others more we wouldn't be in the position we are currently at in the first place. It's like the sitXers, they want it to happen so they can live their little survivalist fantasy and be the top dogs when the SHTF, they only see themselves. I'd rather live in slavery under our current masters and have something than be butchered at the hands of maniacs who's only interest is to further themselves rather than humankind.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by undermind

if people actually cared about others more we wouldn't be in the position we are currently at in the first place.

Well duh.

The truth is you verbally mourn the absence of care as a means to compensate to yourself for your own lack of it.

Tell your family all to stop for injured strangers at night.

Crypto - christians presuming to call "my medicine" down on me - as if the mere act of hyping your situational-dependant Samaritanism makes you qualified.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join