It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

injured: My encounter with police, ambulance, citizens, refused to help me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nifron
I had a horrible experience as well just before christmas last year, I walking down a side street and was jumped, pepper sprayed by 5-6 people. They took $40.00. It was the most frustrating, degrading feeling i think i have ever felt.

Due to the close contact when i got sprayed, i was temporarily blinded for over 2 hours it was minus 25 out( i live in Canada) and all i could do is crawl on the sidewalk to where i heard noise of people, The people i encountered all thought i was drugged up, but i was hysterical, people where actual making fun of me and how i was acting like a baby. I finally started to harass a local business (club or bar) and they told me to get lose until i started to scream, and hollar then they called the police on me cause i was hurting there business for being there, they wouldnt give me water to wash my eyes out, nothing.

Police Show up and asked me what i am Selling! I say What? have just been assaulted and you think i'm a drug dealer? I need help here. finally abumbulance shows and helps wash me eyes to the point i can actually open them for a second at a time. Police check me out and take my story, i ask for a ride home, they refused at first, but after crying and not knowing how or even if i can make it in the state i was in they aggree to take me in the direction and area i live, and they dropped me i block from my house.

I hear ya, People are Scared to help, Police Dont want to usually, and are very bias.

dam dude you beat my situation 100 fold, sorry man that's horrible. i could say i feel your pain but i would be lying, i have a small idea though.. = (

this is why these are the end of days...people have forgot God...

On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why didn't you just ask someone to call you a cab??
If all you wanted to do was go home then I am confused.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
The cop was absolutely right, he's not a taxi service.

The paramedics were right, if you didnt feel you needed to go to hospital why should they ferry you about. Your ankle is either hurt and needs treatment or you've just strained it and your capable of making your own way home.

Thats the problem...too many people think the World owes them and they should be waited on hand and foot.

Its events like the OP brought up, and comments like THIS that make me fear Martial Law.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I know how you feel. You know the Bible story about the injured man, and the 'holy' people just walking by on the other side of the road? Well, I feel like the EV Free church, where I was a leader, walked over and defecated in my face. Didn't ignore, sought to injure. The infamous Chuck Swindle lied to me, another 'pastor' told me I lost my salvation in my car accident, and on and on.
I suspect that everyone teaches and thinks that the removal of 'the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit' means a 'rapture'. In fact, Jesus himself stated he was not returning until after the Trib, and I think that restraining influence has now been lifted. Wicked people can not help themselves, even if they are 'holy' people, or just supposedly the 'good guys' like the banksters or the cops. By the way, I know there is an exception to every rule, but I have met a lot of cops, and I have never met the exception~an honest cop. And my brother was one of them.
But perhaps you are not a Christian anyways.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
I know how you feel. You know the Bible story about the injured man, and the 'holy' people just walking by on the other side of the road? Well, I feel like the EV Free church, where I was a leader, walked over and defecated in my face. Didn't ignore, sought to injure. The infamous Chuck Swindle lied to me, another 'pastor' told me I lost my salvation in my car accident, and on and on.
I suspect that everyone teaches and thinks that the removal of 'the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit' means a 'rapture'. In fact, Jesus himself stated he was not returning until after the Trib, and I think that restraining influence has now been lifted. Wicked people can not help themselves, even if they are 'holy' people, or just supposedly the 'good guys' like the banksters or the cops. By the way, I know there is an exception to every rule, but I have met a lot of cops, and I have never met the exception~an honest cop. And my brother was one of them.
But perhaps you are not a Christian anyways.

1 Thessalonians 4:15
"For we declare to you what the Lord has told us to say: We who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have died."

2 Thessalonians 2:3
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition"

Yes the rapture was a theology made up to produce money into the church, a feel good mentality. the truth is we will be going through the fire until we get to the other side. God always puts those he loves through the fire to refine them, we will not escape the hard times ahead, and Thank God for it, because we will get a chance to shine brighter than we ever thought possible. That is, of course, if you know God.

sorry off-topic...its true though... Don't get me wrong the catching away will occur, just not before the testing times.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Why didn't you just ask someone to call you a cab??
If all you wanted to do was go home then I am confused.

cuz cabs cost alot of money and i lived 1.5 miles away? (at the end of the road?) i dont know why i bother responding to trolls. have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

I thought I was asking a legit question in my mind.
Sorry if I am not coming across as sympathetic...I just asked a question,nothing more.
Nice of you to call me names.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I thought I was asking a legit question in my mind.
Sorry if I am not coming across as sympathetic...I just asked a question,nothing more.
Nice of you to call me names.

sorry guy but if you actually read my article you would know that's not a legit question its a snide remark. i would rather crawl on my stomach for that 1.5 miles then hop in a cab for 20 seconds and have to pay them when all those people around me could have helped. i may get a nice citizen on my crawling way....

[edit on 26-3-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wow. I am sorry you had to deal with this. I can see why some wouldnt take you home but the police and ambulance drivers it's their job to protect the people! They are sworn to protect us. I cant believe they were going to just leave you there and did nothing to help you. That is just horrible.

My own experience with the wonderful ambulance people made me sick. I was out with friends one night and started to black out. I was taken home where I became very sick and was in and out of it big time. My friend called 911 because she was concerned. Well the ambulance people and police were rude! I could hear them laughing and saying "oh just another OD, we see it all the time." My friends who were there heard them say this too. My neighbor told them I do not do drugs and all I had that night were 2 maibu and pineapple drinks. My friends were very apaulled by their behavior. When I got to the hospital, turns out I was drugged! There was GHB in my system. It had been done at the club. I filed a complaint with both places. Nothing was ever done but I still followed through many times. I was aggrivated they assumed I was a druggie just because I was young and out that night. I was only 26 and I hadnt been out before that for years. I went out for a drink and ended up in the hospital an accused druggie.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I live in a world where people don't care about me and I do not expect it of them.Thats how life is.
If someone cares then you are lucky.
If it was 1.5 miles,then crawl home.
If you can't crawl home then I am sure you have 5 dollars in pennies like most do...even I can do that.
I would NEVER let the cops or the ambulance be called before a taxi in your situation but apparently you needed that much attention.Hey whatever floats your boat.
You called me a troll and I can say the same of you...you are trolling for sympathy.
I would NEVER let the cops or the ambulance be called before a taxi in your situation.
Thats why I asked.
Its a legit question.
If all you wanted to do was get home then why all the fuss...just ask the girl who stopped and called her husband to call you a cab...not the cops and ambulance.
Have a good night sir.
Sorry.I don't mean to sound harsh.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I live in a world where people don't care about me and I do not expect it of them.Thats how life is.
If someone cares then you are lucky.
If it was 1.5 miles,then crawl home.
If you can't crawl home then I am sure you have 5 dollars in pennies like most do...even I can do that.
I would NEVER let the cops or the ambulance be called before a taxi in your situation but apparently you needed that much attention.Hey whatever floats your boat.
You called me a troll and I can say the same of you...you are trolling for sympathy.
I would NEVER let the cops or the ambulance be called before a taxi in your situation.
Thats why I asked.
Its a legit question.
If all you wanted to do was get home then why all the fuss...just ask the girl who stopped and called her husband to call you a cab...not the cops and ambulance.
Have a good night sir.
Sorry.I don't mean to sound harsh.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by DrumsRfun]

your a real idiot dude, i hope you enjoy the FEMA camps. i dont want sympathy i just wanted a ride home without having to call a taxi when its a 60 sec ride down the street. i didnt call the cop or the ambulance the woman who was afraid of taking me home did. its people like you that are the reason we are heading to a totalitarian state. get a brain, live free or die. if i knew she called them i woulda told her to stop...in any case its the cops job to serve and protect and in my case give me a ride down the street...go ahead and tell me different 90% of the people who arnt trolls and complete morons on this forum will just see you as an idiot calling for us to be "on our own and crawl our ass down the street" i mean jesus dude are you even human? have a soul much?

"IF IT WAS 1.5 MILES CRAWL HOME" wow dude, hitler's son?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So thats all you got.
I ask a question that was legit and you start calling names...brilliant.
I am here to deny ignorance are you?
The most intelligent thing you could do to respond was call me names??
You imply I am Hitlers son??
Wow...am I supposed to be offended or mad??
Coming from a brilliant guy like you I gotta say I had a good laugh.
If you want sympathy then look in the dictionary...its between s**t and syphilis.
The only one going to a Fema camp is you...the weak who expect everyone to do everything for him.Grow up.
Besides Canada doesn't have Fema camps.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

....YAWN.... done with this thread, hope everyone else enjoys this attitude like the poster above creeping in on America. everyone for themselves, dog eat dog, no mercy.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Good riddance weakling.
Welcome to the world you live in.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ya mighta got home quicker if ya crawled,sorry to hear you had to learn the truth first hand.

I saw this # second hand many times,and I was in no position to help because I ride a bicycle everywhere,and I had a few bad crashes but got home ok.....

One time I found a guy passed out on a busy street,found a cop and told him,but nobody ever showed up,so I just dragged him up into a yard,the people that lived there complained and the cops and an ambulance showed up finally.

I actually paid cab fare to help someone home once or twice after they got into the cab after I called it.

You cannot trust anyone but yourself,YOU are your last line of defense.

That sucks,but in reality it has always been that way.

BTW,there are camps in canada,you'll find yourself in one someday drumskin.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I would have carried you on my back and brought you home myself,
without a second thought in my mind, even if that would cost me a few
days back pain.

I can't believe that people don't take such a great chance to help another
human being. Such a chance to help someone is like a gift from God,
it's ridiculous people would just let it be and let you rot on the street.

Can't believe no one helped you, Jesus. They should be ashamed of
themselves, every single person that refused to help you. But when their
life review comes after they've died, they will weep in shame.

[edit on (27/3/09) by Wehali]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am sorry about your experience! but considering all aspects of your experience i do think that every person involved did do what they were capable in the circumstances.

lets start from the beginning,when you leave home late at night you should be more prepared(bring money for an emergency,cell phone and i.d in order to be identified) being out late at night would make it harder to get help, citizens will rarely take the risk of stopping at night to help a stranger.
I am surprised that that lady did stop for you and at least if your injury needed medical attention you would of had a ambulance to bring you to the hospital. I do not blame her for not bringing you home, unless you are an infant or a woman. She probably wondered why you had a head lamp on!?head lamps are good to be seen! but in the city they are kind of useless and would make you look kinda weird.

I do know first hand what a sprained ankle is like(being a cross-country runner and bike messenger it happens to me all the time) and yes they can be extremely painfull and sometimes need medical attention. I do think that the fact that you stayed put did not help your situation, the swelling must of gotten much worse.
the cop and ambulance man did their jobs and i do think they justified that you were not in a life or death scenario. there fore even tho they were not busy they had to keep free in case a real emergency came along.
By the way" stage 1 hypothermia "is not that bad it is only a 1 or 2 degree difference with your normal body temperature and has probably lots to do with you waiting for help when sweaty .
To resume i do not think this tread is worthy of ATS maybe more BTS. The fact that the time of the ambulance and cop were lost and might of being used elsewhere in your city for a more serious cause is one thing but using OUR PRECIOUS ATS TRUTH SEEKING TIME AND EXPERIENCE does bug me.

cheers and i hope you are icing it !

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Yea, asking for that badge number would have got you a ride alright. I'm just not sure where to and how you feel when you got there. Of course, the ambulance could pick you up then.

You are suggesting the cop would have beat this person up if they asked for his badge number???

If so that cop would be out of a job so fast!

Cop's atleast around here, are reqiured by law to provide their badge number if it is requested of them.

If the cop beat you up just for asking for it, I know for a fact that most places would fire the cop and the cop would have a lawsuit on his hands and would be facing possible jailtime....

That is why asking for the cop's badge number would NOT result in the OP getting beat up... that is just silly

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

No he said asking for badge would have "gotten you a ride alright" ride not being slang for being beaten up, he means ride as in ride home just down the road... lol... = )

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
erm....No he didn't.

he meant a ride down the road for a good beating, hence the ambulance picking you up

[edit on 29-3-2009 by onetruesaxon]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join