It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Oh yes, it is impossible for a government site to be biased. How could I ever even think that it was possible.
*please note sarcasm*

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Are you now wanting to debate the nature of humans and flies? Go ahead and start without me. I might join in later.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Oh yes, it is impossible for a government site to be biased. How could I ever even think that it was possible.
*please note sarcasm*

The point is not what you think and you know it. It is if you can support your argument. The site is not biased, nor is the other. So far you're again deflecting the issue and ignoring pieces of my post that you can not address.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by jasonjnelson

Oh, I know. It's fun watching her twists and turns, deflections, projections and attempts at ad hom though.

I can't see what he is saying but I'm not deflecting, you are or else you would answer my entire post and address those links.

Again for you:

Why are you ignoring this question: I really wonder why such a smart person as yourself would think a teen pregnancy site would not discuss the option of abortion? Now that would be biased.

Why is a teen pregnancy site biased for discussing all options?

So far you only address sites you think are biased. What about the others? You really think the .gov site is biased too or do you just refuse to discuss any of the sites that support my argument?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Of course, it's all about what you think and you think you know with a small foot note about us evil pro-lifers. With the occasional attack on anyone that disagrees like your repeated ad hom mentioned earlier asking me if I adopt or had foster children.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Of course, it's all about what you think and you think you know with a small foot note about us evil pro-lifers. With the occasional attack on anyone that disagrees like your repeated ad hom mentioned earlier asking me if I adopt or had foster children.

It was a simple question. You could have just said I do not wish to answer but you never did. You just started ignoring part of my post and calling me names.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Again I ask:

Why are you ignoring this question: I really wonder why such a smart person as yourself would think a teen pregnancy site would not discuss the option of abortion? Now that would be biased.

So far you only address sites you think are biased. What about the others? You really think the .gov site is biased too or do you just refuse to discuss any of the sites that support my argument?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You obviously missed the point of my sarcastic reply as to the biasness or unbiasness of a government site. A government site can be biased as it is written by people and if those people are biased and seek to put that biased position as fact on that site they very well can.
Or is the federal government some form of perfection while I wasn't looking?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I never said a government site can not be biased and you know that. I stated that it is not biased just because someone thinks it is. If you for some reason convienently believe it is please prove it or move on.

Again for you:

So far you only address sites you think are biased. What about the others? Do you just refuse to discuss any of the sites that support my argument?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Birth control is good. Maybe a shot AND a pill?

Totally agree with you there. Birth control should be of the utmost importance and more importantly, made readily available to anybody who is sexually active but is not able to or does not want to raise a child. Abortion should really be much more of a rarity, and hopefully a time will come where another option is available, and there will be no need for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Are you now wanting to debate the nature of humans and flies? Go ahead and start without me. I might join in later.

We all have our place on earth. There is never a need to smash a fly. You could relocate it, but that is difficult. Like I said, it really is a matter of perspective. Abortion is not a great thing, and i really hope new options arise that address the concerns of all, while still preserving the life. I'm done for tonight, when i get back i expect you all to have come to an agreement on this issue.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I highly doubt that will happen but I will say I agree with you sir or ma'am.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Didn't you say? Here, allow me to underline the revelant part:

Infering that it wasn't possible it was biased.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Enough is enough!

The issue of abortion is a contentious one at best. Be that as it may, it can be discussed in a civilized and courteous manner. This is often referred to as intelligent discourse.

From this point on, you are kindly urged to remain on topic and refrain from personally attacking, insulting or otherwise baiting your fellow members. There is NEVER an excuse to do so. Such behavior is petty, demeaning and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

If you find you are unable to refrain from expressing your views with at least a minimum of civility and decorum it is strenuously suggested that you step back and find another thread to participate in until you are able to do so.

Please take the time to review the following links:

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Stay on Topic

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

YOU are responsible for your own posts.

Adherence to this request is expected.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Infering that it wasn't possible it was biased.

And that proves what, that I asked you a question? I was obviously pointing out that you were focusing on one website and ignoring the others, because your whole reason for deflection was bias.

Now that you've joined us again you can answer one of the things you've been avoiding:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Here is a fix for your dilemma, dive into the one unbiased site you put up and get the facts and data that prove your point. Or you can continue trying to twist me into accepting biased as unbiased. Up to you.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Here is a fix for your dilemma, dive into the one unbiased site you put up and get the facts and data that prove your point. Or you can continue trying to twist me into accepting biased as unbiased. Up to you.

Nice try but I've been doing all the work.

I presented more than one site.

Then you presented an argument that you refuse to support. I've already supported mine. You claim I've done so with some a irrelevant site and one biased site. I noticed that Clearskies was correct and indeed one was completely irrelevent. I let you know of this and moved on, but you continue to insist that you will not address any of the information because you believe one site is biased.

Support your claims that this site is biased. Explain to me why a teen pregnancy site is biased for discussing all options? Explain to me why you are not able to address the same information from the other sites I listed. Including the .gov and pdf.

Edit to add: You answer those questions and I'll get you all the sources and data from the pdf and I'll post them.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ah, you did? Funny that considering the one site that you included that was not biased was just a site with a load of statistics about various things and you did not target which information backs your position.

But I guess that is because we are supposed to do your work for you and prove your case huh?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I gave you one site that easily lists the information with fast facts. The other site does give a quick over view of the information that supports my previous statements, if you bothered to look over the first page. If you want more detailed information on their conclusions then it is up to you to look for it.

I’m fully willing to list where the pdf information comes from, even though it is very easy for you to find it on your own if you wished to.

I’m willing to do this if you address the questions in my last post. Otherwise why would I? I’ve already wasted time on this conversation while you refuse to support the claims that you bring into it. Why would I continue to waste my time if you aren’t willing to support those claims?

edit: to fix grammar

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join