It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Conspiracies Not in The Top-Ten List.

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Now that we have our Top-Ten Conspiracy Theories List which is the end-result from a rather extensive member and user survey, I'd like to encourage our membership to use this thread to highlight information on the remaining 25 conspiracies that were included in the poll, that didn't make it into the top-ten. They are, in order of votes:

The cover-up of the event in Roswell, NM
Political control by military industrial complex
Moon landings and mysterious objects
HAARP, weather control, and scalar weapons
MK Ultra & mind control experiments/technology
Water fluoridation and other
Nazi UFO's and advanced technology
The Philadelphia Experiment
Free Mason conspiracies
The council of Nicea
Chemtrails
The creation/engineering of AIDS
The Dulce base
John Titor
Cover-up of the O'Hare airport UFO incident
Operation Paperclip
Waco massacre (Branch Davidians)
The Estonia sinking
Pearl Harbor LIHOP (let it happen)
Oklahoma City bombing
Marilyn Monroe's death & RFK
The odd murals and designs at the Denver airport

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I will do #20 "The Council of Nicaea"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68c4ffbb5d27.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b0f2be1d8b1.gif[/atsimg]

First Council of Nicaea that was convened in Nicaea in Bithynia (present-day İznik in Turkey) by the Roman Emperor Constantine I in 325 CE. The Council was historically significant as the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom.

The agenda of the synod were:
1. The Arian question regarding the relationship between God the Father and Jesus; i.e. are the Father and Son one in purpose only or also one in being
2. The date of celebration of the Paschal/Easter observation
3. The Meletian schism;
4. The validity of baptism by heretics;
5. The status of the lapsed in the persecution under Licinius.

And I was very surprised to see that the Council of Nicaea made the top list of conspiracies at ATS, the amount of collective knowledge at ATS is the best anywhere on the internet.

The point is a bunch of men argued about theological doctrine and ultimatley kept deciding for ALL Christians what they should and shouldn't believe. Even though they were now under a heavy Pagan influence, it is no surprise that they came to inaccurate conclusions about theological truth.
Most importantly and infamously the importing of the Trinity from Pagan ideology, at least Zietgest the movie got that part correct, about comparing the Christian trinity to the Pagan trinities that were popular in that time period. Sadly that PART of the conspiracy is 100% right on target.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sometime in the next few days, I'll add my reasons for the MK-ULTRA conspiracy. Very important as it speaks volumes of the reasons for exploring and manipulating human consciousness.

A hint: My opinion is that the '___' angle is one of the least important aspects of the MK projects.

Rapid Induction techniques for hypnosis as a general means of affectation is more than key to this conspiracy...more when I have more time however I wanted an attention to this fairly early in this thread...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's a link to a thread on The Estonia sinking:

How did the 'Estonia' sink 1994?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think my suggestion of Bay of Tonka attack should have been given as a poss

A lot of people dont think it happened , and it did give the US gov a

excuse to start the war with Vietnam, but I realize it was a long time

ago , and memory fades

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
John Titor more important than the Franklin Cover-up? Blasphemy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't see why politicians and our justice system directly taking part in a cover-up that involved the abuse of countless children is so dismissed in conspiracy circles. Plenty of people believe it but I guess they don't find it as exciting to research or discuss.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've always thought the '___' aspect and MK-Ultra was less important aswell...plus the fact i highly doubt it would give the effects they wanted.And i agree John Titor has been exposed as a hoax,not worthy of bandwidth.. imo anyway.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I would like to bite on Marilyn Monroe/RFK:

BOBBY KENNEDY'S affair with the screen idol Marilyn Monroe has been documented, but a secret FBI file suggests the late US attorney-general was aware of - and perhaps even a participant in - a plan "to induce" her suicide.

The detailed three-page report implicates the Hollywood actor Peter Lawford, Monroe's psychiatrist, staff and her publicist in the plot.

The document, hidden among thousands of pages released under freedom-of-information laws last October, was received by the FBI on October 19, 1964 - two years after her death - and titled simply "ROBERT F KENNEDY".

"Lawford is reported as having made 'special arrangements' with Marilyn's psychiatrist, Dr Ralph Greenson, from Beverley Hills. The psychiatrist was treating Marilyn for emotional problems and getting her off the use of barbiturates. On her last visit to him he prescribed Seconal tablets and gave her a prescription for 60 of them, which was unusual in quantity especially since he saw her frequently.

www.smh.com.au...

Even her ex-husband, Joe DiMaggio, believed one of the Kennedys had her killed:

A new book, written by his long-time lawyer and close companion Morris Engelberg, reveals he really did believe the Kennedy clan killed Monroe.
They murdered the one person I loved," DiMaggio confided to Mr Engelberg.

The Yankee Clipper, as he was known, claims to have read the Hollywood star’s diary after her death.

Monroe’s journal disappeared shortly afterwards but, according to the book DiMaggio: Setting the Record Straight, the star of The Seven Year Itch had apparently noted her conversations with Robert Kennedy about CIA plans to poison Fidel Castro with the aid of the Chicago gangster Sam Giancana, and the government’s investigation into union leader Jimmy Hoffa’s Mafia links.

Monroe met the Kennedys through Peter Lawford, their British brother-in-law, and is believed to have passed on Robert’s pillow talk to Frank Sinatra, who in turn reported to Giancana

news.scotsman.com...

A Staged Death?

Police sergeant Jack Clemmons was on watch at the West L.A. substation, less than three miles from Monroe's home, when, at 4:25 A.M., the telephone rang. At first the caller, Dr. Ralph Greenson, was so agitated that Clemmons couldn't understand him. "Marilyn Monroe is dead," the psychiatrist said, "she just committed suicide."

When Clemmons arrived at the scene, Eunice Murray led him to the bedroom and gestured toward Monroe's bed. "Marilyn was lying face down in what I call the soldier's position," said Clemmons. "Her hands were by her side and her legs were stretched out perfectly straight. It was the most obviously staged death scene I have ever seen The pill bottles on her bedside table had been arranged in neat order and the body deliberately positioned, It all looked too tidy."

www.coverups.com...

Apparently, Louise DiMaggio knew who it was:

Now in her late 70s, DiMaggio knew Marilyn before she was married to her uncle and for years afterward – until the star's death in 1962.

"It's about the truth, and it's about time," DiMaggio says, explaining why she is finally publishing her memoirs.

"Mother told me that she knew who killed Marilyn, but that knowledge absolutely terrified her," she writes.

"I even asked her on her deathbed," she recalls. "'Won't you tell me now?' And she just said, 'No, I want my family to live.'

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that Pearl Harbor LIHOP made it into the top 25 list. It's the biggest significant sign (but by no means the first) of a major shift in U.S. policy concerning "sacrifice for the greater good".

Many popular shows/comics discuss this concept of allowing something horrible to happen "for the greater good", like The Watchmen, the TV series "Heroes", and even in official government documents like "Operation Northwoods".

This is not to say it's the first time in American history this kind of LIHOP occurred, but it had the biggest consequences and essentially set the bar for U.S. policy for the 20th & 21st century, concerning disregard for the U.S. Constitution.

It's just a another exhibit in the stack of evidence against the U.S. Shadow Government and The New World Order.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What about Artificial Intelligence?

Beyond Conspiracy: Artificial General Intelligence (ATS Newsletter Special)

Artificial Intelligence is a commonly known concept. The full understanding of it, and the military establishments extensive programs in it are quite the opposite. It's not even something they're keeping all too secret, however the American and World Public are being completely blindsided by this coming reality that is sure to change the world as we know it like history has never seen before nor will be able to predict it's outcome.

An Inconvenient Truth ON Al Gore: The Google A.I. Conspiracy

Dubya and Al Gore's unknown unholy alliance.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ahhh can't believe that MK Ultra didn't make the top 10. I was really hoping that it would. I believe it to be a very important topic I don't see how people can vote it so lowly when it has the potential to drastically effect all of our lives. Also voted a lot for water fluoridation but didn't really expect it to get in there

- Cauch1

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How about the one how the Nazis have gained power here in America? I'm reading the Rise of the 4th Reich. It's really well written. I'm scared to death. It SHOULD be on that list.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

HAARP, weather control, and scalar weapons

Water fluoridation and other

Chemtrails

It's gratifying to see ATS' owner is so well-informed!

Along with 9/11 and the Apollo Moon Hoax, I consider the above conspiracies to be particularly important because they're current and on-going.

Those of us who are trying to bring attention to these topics could use your help in countering the numerous debunkers who seem to spend their lives on a conspiracy site trying to convince others that conspiracies don't exist.

I was docked 1000 points the other day just for using the phrase "NASA shills" without referring to anyone in particular. No warnings, either personally or anywhere in the thread. As I wrote to a supermod the other day, if ATS doesn't attempt to identify and counter these organized disinformation campaigns (especially the 9/11 forum and chemtrail threads), you run the risk of losing credibility and are in danger of being thought of not unlike the corporate MSM.

I agree with the previous poster's assessment of Jim Marrs' excellent "Rise of the Fourth Reich." I consider Marrs to be the world's most knowledgeable conspiracy author.

Thanks SkepticOverlord, for creating the best site on the internet to learn the truth about the world (Project Camelot is a close second.)

BTW, another book I'd recommend is Day of Deceit: the Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor by decorated WW II veteran Robert Stinnett. After reading Stinnett's book and learning about the 8-step McCollom Memo, you'll wonder whether Pearl Harbor was a LIHOP or MIHOP plan. Like 9/11 (aka the new Pearl Harbor), the evidence leads toward the latter.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
As part of man-made and targeted global population control, HIV/AIDS engineering theories get viable as each single day goes by. In Africa particularly, there's a concerted effort between donor agencies and respective governments to limit access to highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART) by most subjects testing positive. This limit-treatment-access policy is being forced down throats of African governments by nefarious Western powers, thanks to easily corruptible local leadership.

Besides, there's reports about a US patented treatment which is being deliberately kept off pharmacy shelves as millions keep dying. When Kenya's Nobel Peace winner and renowned environmentalist Prof. Wangari Maathai brought up the HIV/AIDS-population-control-hypothesis on CNN in 2006, that was the last time she was heard of again in mainstream media.

Depopulating Africa through AIDS seems a tightly controlled project that's on top gear, with Botswana's adult infection rates edging close to 40%. The other big conspiracy amidst all this is the conspiracy of silence. I'm not surprised this issue didn't make it in the top 10 conspiracy theories.

top topics

join