It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Companies That Hate Gays

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

And discrimination is bull.

Agreed...so where is

White history month?
Straight Pride Parades?
Straight Day
Why is there a gayjobs.com, but straightjobs.com is not allowed?
Why can a gay man sue for feeling out of place, but a straight guy cannot?
Why is there affirmative action?
Why do WHITE people get fired for racial comments, and minorities are given passes or given excuses?
Why do blacks have BET, Hispianics have their stations, but a station created for whites is HATE, RACIAL, etc?
Why can't companies celebrate straights with discounts, and celebration the way they do for homosexuals?

Your sooooo right discrimination is wrong.....

I don't see anyone Other than white on the show "Friends". No one other than white on "Everybody Loves Raymond". Ah, did I hear CMT? No need for straight pride, It's all over the media and TV, almost everything is STRAIGHT on TV, all love scenes all the relationships all the flirts, it goes on. Straight pride is already done on the streets when PDA's are shown. Which Homosexuals could not openly do. No need for white history month, the majority of this country is white. Straight people can not sue for feeling out of place is because Gay people ARE OFTEN harassed because of there sexual preference and people's IGNORANCE, I don't see anyone being bashed because they are Straight. That post was pretty wishy-washy (lack of better words).

[edit on 23-3-2009 by HereBy1]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HereBy1

Well there is always Will and Grace, I love that show and it is very very funny.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx
reply to post by HereBy1

Well there is always Will and Grace, I love that show and it is very very funny.

Exactly, I ONLY saw ONE episode where there was A Black man. for a episode. Other than that the whole entire cast is White. Well there is always the Hispanic cleaning lady...Very racist BTW, Either way shes a minor cast. The list goes on.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Assininity !!! I love that word ! Is it ok to use in my signature. It's a one word sentence!! Could be a question or an answer. Doesn't get much better than that.

mikell

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Men have become a minority, so what about men's rights??

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

How so? they still on average make more then their female counterparts, still hold better positions in employment situations despite having equal qualifications and educational degrees, still are for the most part the majority sexual harrasment offenders in work related incidents and are often favored in some fields of employment such as construction, medicine,even law. I think you are opening a can of worms with comments like that sir...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

None of that neither confirms nor denies the fact that men are a minority.

Everyone suffers. Maybe everyone should be rewarded? Maybe people should be rewarded for self-inflicted wounds?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I think it would be a different response I'd be getting from some of you if for instance the topic was not GAYs being discriminated against but rather BLACKs or JEWs or WOMEN...

You are right - and that's because all those other types you mention do not come down to personal preference (at least at base value). Your preference to form and maintain a homosexual relationship is your decision and is not forced upon you. Being born with black skin is beyond your control, being born female is beyond your control. (NOT using these terms negatively, just outlining how they are not voluntary in the way that sexual preference is imo).

wow .. yippie . so what if these companies hate queers . so do i . one problem with this world is that all the fags have been allowed to come out . its rather disgusting to think about what goes on when 2 homos "get it on ". it just wasnt meant to be like that . i have been around these queers and usually more often than not they end up in trouble for some type of sick crime like molesting little kids or something.

That sounds like an outright lie...and you should be ashamed for wishing for any people to be wiped out. This type of bigotry should be frowned upon. The vast majority of gay people I know (if not literally all) are really nice people - even if you disagree with their sexual preferences.

Just to be clear: my original argument is against certain "pro-gay policies", not the people themselves.

[edit on 24/3/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I appreciate your opinion and I respect that atleast you see both sides of the fence to an extent. You might find that if you look back in the thread I have been given A LOT of flack for posting this and bringing up the topic at all. Now let me clarify one point that you mentioned and several others have that I feel is somewhat of a slippery slope...
I think a division needs to be comprehended between bi-sexuals demanding rights and homosexuals demanding rights. The difference being that those who are full fledge gay and have chosen such things as domestic partnerships seem to be those we strive to provide examples of in terms of displaying the people who deserve the right to equal rights, benefits, and while I wont say "marriage" I will say the same tax benefits as those who are married. Bi's Drag's and anyone who is not entirely set on a domestic partnership should still retain equal rights in so far as civility is concerned and discrimination. But as all of us know, Marriage is not an option for those homosexual couples that want to be unified in a parallel commitment to marriage, so they are left with civil unions or domestic partnerships which in many cases are not given the same rights as marriages in so far as tax breaks are concerned and as one of the main points of contention in the article this thread is about describes also in health benefits. It is to say that they are 2nd class citizens to say that domestic partnerships of homosexual couples are not allowed equal health benefits as their straight married counterparts. Gay homosexual d.e.'s are the only option for them. That is unfair. The whole lack of a division between church and state in the respect of tax and status at the work place is completely wrong. We all know it. It's just that the fundamentalists and homophobes fight to keep it that way because it leans in their favor so why change it right?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something. How is Prop 8 Unconstitutional? I've read the Constitution several times and see nothing about homosexuality.

Your reaching- and grasping............

Homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle, just like being a punk rocker, racist or freemason.

It can not be compared to one's racial identity or religion.

People are and should be judged on their behavior and moral decisions they make.

you just showed you're ignorance, where and when did u choose you're sexuality.. it can very well be compared with ones racial identity.. religion is a choice. not sexuality.. neither is racial idenity..

[edit on 24-3-2009 by scorand]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
dark ghost there is one little hole in you're stament..

Your preference to form and maintain a homosexual relationship is your decision and is not forced upon you...

and u'r preferance isnt forced on you?? when did you choose to be straight??
do you get benifits for being in a straight relationship?
of course you do..

so why cant homosexual couples get the same thing??

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

men are also mainly in controll of everything.. and we are[SNIP] things up pretty good..

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
Maybe I'm missing something. How is Prop 8 Unconstitutional? I've read the Constitution several times and see nothing about homosexuality.

Your reaching- and grasping............

Homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle, just like being a punk rocker, racist or freemason.

It can not be compared to one's racial identity or religion.

People are and should be judged on their behavior and moral decisions they make.

you just showed you're ignorance, where and when did u choose you're sexuality.. it can very well be compared with ones racial identity.. religion is a choice. not sexuality.. neither is racial idenity..

See, its very difficult dealing with issues such as these. I fully believe no one gay, straight, or bi, should ever be discriminated against. We are all people and if straight people became or since the dawn of civilization had been the minority, straights would be in the very same situation asking for the very same thing. As stated before, fundementalists and ultra conservatives tend to try to demonize not just homosexuality but anyone who supports their right to be equal with anyone else, try to tell supporters, that comparing the homosexual culture to other minority cultures (black, jew, hindu, catholic, etc.) is an insult and wrong also. This is not so in my own opinion. We are all humans, we all bleed red, we all rise and fall with the ability to be compassionate with others. Like it or not NO ONE is better or more correct than any other because beliefs require relevance. You can't be right in things such as which religiion is more correct, what sexuality is more correct, what race is more correct, because those are the types of things you have little control over other than what your raised around which is OUT of your control to begin with AND 2/3 of those topics aren't even that! there is genetics to consider and heredity. There have been lots of people who have said I was a "faggot" and whom have said I was "going to hell" for posting this, there have been people whom have said that equal rights in this situation is an outrage and I say THAT is an outrage! Call me what you want, say what you will! I believe even those that say such things to me deserve equal rights and no one is an exception. We all are human and someday our survival will depend on that. I don't love all, but I will choose to accept all, even as offensive as some people have been to me, I still say that we are all given the grace to learn and become better and just MORE.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

i completely agree with u. i saw some of those responces and plan on replying to them post haste..

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Bottom line is this. Not everyone has to be accepting of GAYS...not people, not groups, not private businesses. When are GAY people going to understand that their lifestyle WILL NOT be accepted fully...EVER! Agree with it or not, why is it the gay community thinks they should be allowed to FORCE everyone to accept it...and if someone doesn't except it, they somehow have recourse? I don't get it.

did u stop and think that maybe the point isnt just about acceptance.. but tolerance and equal rights. the right to the persuit of happiness and the right to be treated equally? with dignity, and respect?.. and whos forcing what.. the straight religous reich force their ideas down our throats for what a few thousand years but thats ok though?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ho chi minh
what the hell is a gay dollar?
why do some members of the gay community insist on using this sort of language
stop putting your sexual orientation on things
can't you just accept that we are all equal and stop promoting this gay victim crap.

gays are victims.. they are victimized everyday. verbal bashing, humiliation. beatings murdered . how in the world do u figure its not..

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

*star'd* I have star'd pretty much anyon voicing tolerance in this thread because its a lacking quality and a very necessary element in peace among all factions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join