It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Companies That Hate Gays

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I'm not surprised to see some companies on there (Wal-Mart, Dominos, Exxon). I think it is hateful to call this hate speech. Why would you fund a company that doesn't treat all its employees equally, or doesn't support them? I typically boycott those companies anyway for other reasons, but this adds a reason to my list.

Disgusting. There should be laws to prevent things like this. It's really discrimination, I mean, that's what it boils down to.

And discrimination is bull.

[edit on 3/22/2009 by ravenshadow13]

Agreed. IMO, Best Opinion on this thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Agreed...so where is

White history month?
Straight Pride Parades?
Straight Day
Why is there a gayjobs.com, but straightjobs.com is not allowed?
Why can a gay man sue for feeling out of place, but a straight guy cannot?
Why is there affirmative action?
Why do WHITE people get fired for racial comments, and minorities are given passes or given excuses?
Why do blacks have BET, Hispianics have their stations, but a station created for whites is HATE, RACIAL, etc?
Why can't companies celebrate straights with discounts, and celebration the way they do for homosexuals?

Your sooooo right discrimination is wrong.....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I think it would be a different response I'd be getting from some of you if for instance the topic was not GAYs being discriminated against but rather BLACKs or JEWs or WOMEN...Equal rights is every citizen's right regardless of sexual orientation and the fact that these companies neglect their own duty to uphold their responsibility to hold those in question up to the same level of equality with their straight counterparts is tantamount to prejudice in the work place. No one would ever deny any of the substitutionary minorities benefits, because that would be against the law yet its ok in this particular circumstance? I find that sad.

I agree so much to what you said. In addition, prejudices and "sneeking" discriminations, ARE a Global meltdown, as it is destroying the Society.

There is absolutely no reason to refuse employment because of a sexual orientation. NO REASON AT ALL.

"But some people may feel uncomfortable in the nearby", many are saying now. So? Then give THEM the boot. No place for prejudices on the work.

If some people have a problam with other peoples orientations, then attack THAT attitude, not the no-wrongdoers.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think there is a hidden agenda still against any male not interested in females.

Nice for you straight males that you get to live lifes without hassle.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Star for you sir I couldnt of said it better myself. This article is crap and is indeed discrimination in its own form.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I have problems supporting agendas as opposed to ideas and equality. Such as I do not support gay rights but I do support human rights.

Perhaps it is because I see "equal, but special" as an extension of "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others."

Or perhaps I am prejudiced and bigoted white guy that happens to be of Cherokee descent that nearly married a bisexual once? No, I didn't think so either.

But there has to be a clear stopping point for domestic relationships and how coverage and taxes work. I mean what next, full child deductions for pets? There are quite a few "cat ladies" out there that would put octo-mom to shame for dependents.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

You got the right spirit.
It is a shame that not alittle more people hold a similar attitude, though. BUT- more and more people are getting there, step by step.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
See the problem is some opinions I first incountered after posting this thread were so strong that those of like minded stance were then reaffirmed by the sentiment already in the opposition posts. I say again, I am not gay or bi, I don't specifically believe in gay rights, I believe in equality of human beings and that does NOT exclude gays. It is just so hard to get people to understand that if it were for instance blacks in question or asians or midgets or mentally handicaps or STRAIGHTS or Jews that were being denied equal rights and equal benefits, then the whole scale of what is right and wrong in the picture would drastically change.If you dont believe gays are justified in wanting equality then your just as prejudice as the guy/girl who believes blacks shouldnt because that is a belief that equality does not have to extend to everyone and that is something I find incredibly hypocritical. Simply because if the shoe were on the other foot, you would be very upset....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by rcwj75

I agree.

Soon the beastiality group will want to be recognized and accepted.

Live your life how you want. I don't want to be forced to accept the way they live just like I don't force them to accept the way I live.

Why on earth do homophobes try to connect the dots from homosexuality to beastiality? It is so ridiculous.

THINK, people... please.... THINK. Or at least have the decency to know that this kind of statement says more about the person stating it than the ones they think they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Agreed...so where is

White history month?
Straight Pride Parades?
Straight Day
Why is there a gayjobs.com, but straightjobs.com is not allowed?
Why can a gay man sue for feeling out of place, but a straight guy cannot?
Why is there affirmative action?
Why do WHITE people get fired for racial comments, and minorities are given passes or given excuses?
Why do blacks have BET, Hispianics have their stations, but a station created for whites is HATE, RACIAL, etc?
Why can't companies celebrate straights with discounts, and celebration the way they do for homosexuals?

Your sooooo right discrimination is wrong.....

Its true, its a slippery slope sure.However minorities are only asking for their rights as citizens to be respected. Its not like if you wanted to start a straight parade you couldnt, but that is how minorities deal with oppression, and please dont try to say they aren't oppressed because then your just playing dumb. By the way, since there is a division between church and state why is it that being married by the state restricts gays based on religious beliefs? Guess religion is not so divisible from state then? And how do you measure an infraction of divison of church and state against constitutional rights? Oh and before I forget, JD I stopped trying to appeal to the fair side of you because you dont seem to have one.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ho chi minh
what the hell is a gay dollar?
why do some members of the gay community insist on using this sort of language
stop putting your sexual orientation on things
can't you just accept that we are all equal and stop promoting this gay victim crap.

Oh but friend we are not all equal in the way things are at the moment however I do rest my hopes on the point that someday soon equality shall be had by all...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

You fail to understand that none of these companies are being accused of specifically anti-gay policies... only what some gay has perceived to be anti-gay.. If he pulled his head out of his rear and got an education he will find there are many reasons why companies don't allow shared benefits of domestic partners (see my explanation on page 2)

The only half way legit excuse for the gay community to boycott some companies are the ones where ceo's and owners worked against prop 8.. but even that is pretty lame considering they are Humans and entitled to their opinions...

I could just see what a boycott this company because they support gays suggestion would lead to..

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

WEll... we DO have CMT you know... lol

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon

Maybe I'm missing something. How is Prop 8 Unconstitutional? I've read the Constitution several times and see nothing about homosexuality.

Your reaching- and grasping............

Homosexuality is a chosen lifestyle, just like being a punk rocker, racist or freemason.

It can not be compared to one's racial identity or religion.

People are and should be judged on their behavior and moral decisions they make.

It's a choice?? Really?? I am stunned at that, it is most certainly NOT a choice like it is not a choice for you to be straight! It CAN be compared to racial identity and though it cannot be compared to religious beliefs for obvious reasons it can be compared to basically anything else you are as a result of factors outside your own control.Are you sir, one of those that feels you can brainwash a homosexual person into heterosexuality given enough church visits?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

You fail to understand that none of these companies are being accused of specifically anti-gay policies... only what some gay has perceived to be anti-gay.. If he pulled his head out of his rear and got an education he will find there are many reasons why companies don't allow shared benefits of domestic partners (see my explanation on page 2)

The only half way legit excuse for the gay community to boycott some companies are the ones where ceo's and owners worked against prop 8.. but even that is pretty lame considering they are Humans and entitled to their opinions...

I could just see what a boycott this company because they support gays suggestion would lead to..

NO you don't get it, gays don't have any other option in considering marriage then d.e.'s and straights do! So they are forced to deal with all the short comings of d.e.'s where as those people who don't want to get married and rather decide to get a d.e. instead (straight couples I mean) take on all those short comings willingly, it is NOT equivalent. I have to say this too, if everyone is allowed to have opinions and thats where prop H8's foundation lies then what about everyone being allowed their civil rights! What your saying is tantamount to opinion being justifiable superior to rights as a person. Tell me that in that light it does not sound wrong??

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by rcwj75

Star for you sir I couldnt of said it better myself. This article is crap and is indeed discrimination in its own form.

Discrimination against whom do you allege?? Because I am not of YOUR opinion on the matter and further, because I voice my agreement with a website's opinion that I did not write I am discriminating now? Jeez what was I thinking?? Free speech is really not free speech by your logic then is that correct?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

It's not a matter of being accepted by rest of the population, to tell you the truth, most of us don't really care what the religious people think or how they think it.

This is about rights, human rights to be seen as EQUAL and not discriminated against. I understand that some people do not want to accept gays, that's fine, but it still does not give them the right to deny anything that they would openly give to a straight person.

I don't believe that these companies "hate" gays, that's a little far, however they've been very good at supporting the religious agenda against them by funding their ideals and demonstrations.

Now they have all the right to demonstrate and cry and howl about how it's wrong and what not, but again it doesn't give them them any reason to deny rights that everybody else has.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HereBy1

Yeah I have been starring all of the pro comments that I found resonance with there hasn't been as much acceptance as I hoped for a topic like this but I also know that it is a very touchy subject for a lot of us. Just because I believe that gays should have equal rights does not mean I am bias and unable to see logic,nay rather gay's with equal rights IS logical.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

Originally posted by rcwj75

I wish I could star you more sir.

quote removed due to manners violation
gallopinghordes
forum mod

[edit on 22-3-2009 by gallopinghordes]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join