It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Companies That Hate Gays

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Ten Companies That Hate Gays

10 companies that dont support gays/domestic partnerships

With the economy ever tanking, now is as good a time as any to take stock of where your gay dollars are going. You may not have much (or, thanks to prudent investing in gold and shares in Mr. Hobo J. Poverschmidt's Hobo Sticks Emporium, you may have quite a bit), so why spend it on companies whose executives use their cash to fund anti-gay bills or who refuse their gay employees the same benefits as their straight co-workers? With legislators using the economy as an excuse not to move on gay rights bills, we present this list so that you can vote with your dollar and hit homophobic executives where it hurts most.

I find this list interesting and somewhat of a shock as there are several very large companies listed such as Walmart,Autozone,Dominoe's Pizza, Exxon and more.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

take stock of where your GAY DOLLARS are going.

That made me laugh...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

Propaganda. Just because somebody does not support something, does not mean that they hate it. This is hate speech and should be recognized as such.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I find it funny that they put Dominoes on the list and stated one reason was because they supported the fire fighters who were forced to march in a gay parade.

How would they like to be forced to march in a KKK demonstration?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Not that Rite Aid is on the list but theres this I found through a site called MyDeathSpace It is a photo of a notice to all patrons of Rite Aid that any gay PDA will not be tolerated and is posted on the entrance to the store, observe: Rite Aide does not tolerate Gay PDA

Here is the link to the thread where the article was initiated there: The Article

*edit to add thread source link*

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Averysmallfoxx]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I disagree, several of these companies handed and may still be handing out cash to lobby against gay rights as well as refuse to offer gays equal benefits matching their straight coworkers benefits, it's certainly prejudice at the least and discrimination to be sure, but intention neglect of equal benefits in the work place and lobbying against gay rights to me seems tantamount to a strong dislike and perhaps a bias, albeit "hate" is a strong word but I was just stating exactly what the site says. I was NOT stretching it in the least. Thats what they state and so because I found it an article of interest thought to share it among my peers here.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Its a gay website.

What do you expect from it?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
1. Why is this in global meltdown? The fact that the freedom of these companies to NOT support a populist agenda because thet disagree with it is still being legally upheld is an example of one of the few Constitutional rights that isn't melting down. Private businesses equals them having the First amendment right to make their own decision on this topic, just as it means you have the right to not patronize their business over it.

2. This is every bit as ridiculous as the religious right boycotting and persecuting Disney because they made the choice to cover gay domestic partners a few years back. Same level of assininity, just from the oposite side of the coin.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I think it would be a different response I'd be getting from some of you if for instance the topic was not GAYs being discriminated against but rather BLACKs or JEWs or WOMEN...Equal rights is every citizen's right regardless of sexual orientation and the fact that these companies neglect their own duty to uphold their responsibility to hold those in question up to the same level of equality with their straight counterparts is tantamount to prejudice in the work place. No one would ever deny any of the substitutionary minorities benefits, because that would be against the law yet its ok in this particular circumstance? I find that sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Its a gay website.

What do you expect from it?

Perhaps it is but they have relevant points and that isn't changed by their openly obvious agenda ("that gay one"). It stands that maybe some information or parts of the presentation are bias, sure. But still, there are facts that remain relevant and important to consider in pondering equal rights.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the list. After Prop 8 passed I have stayed away from the businesses that I knew donated to it. This article just adds more to the list.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I find it funny that they put Dominoes on the list and stated one reason was because they supported the fire fighters who were forced to march in a gay parade.

Interesting to note that the founder of Dominoes, Tom Monaghan, is also the founder of Legatus, an international group of extremely wealthy and powerful business and politcal leaders closely tied to the Roman Catholic Church.

Legatus is also, if internet financial prognosticator Rhinehart is to be believed, a group dedicated to the systematic manipulation and looting of the world's economy.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Still doesn't change the fact that one of the reasons they put them on the list was because they supported the firemens right not to be forced in marching in a gay pride parade.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I also have this to add to the thread now from the same site (MyDeathSpace
It is the second video down and the next one after. These are Prop 8 videos for and against using improper means to advocate people to vote yes on Prop 8
I think these are a few points of interest in understanding why this is important, the financing for propaganda like this first vid is paid for by the contributions of companies such as those on the list linked as well as many others I'm sure that were not named.

*edit to correct video coding* (I dont know how to embed videos sorry!)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Bottom line is this. Not everyone has to be accepting of GAYS...not people, not groups, not private businesses. When are GAY people going to understand that their lifestyle WILL NOT be accepted fully...EVER! Agree with it or not, why is it the gay community thinks they should be allowed to FORCE everyone to accept it...and if someone doesn't except it, they somehow have recourse? I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I agree.

Soon the beastiality group will want to be recognized and accepted.

Live your life how you want. I don't want to be forced to accept the way they live just like I don't force them to accept the way I live.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
lol..and in todays messed up society they would probably gain momentum and people would actually jump on that sick bandwagon.

But I'm with you..live how YOU choose..gay, straight, bi...I dont give a hoot....but don't get all pissed when someone doesnt like YOUR way. Life's to short to worry about some people not liking you style anyway...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Bottom line is this. Not everyone has to be accepting of GAYS...not people, not groups, not private businesses. When are GAY people going to understand that their lifestyle WILL NOT be accepted fully...EVER! Agree with it or not, why is it the gay community thinks they should be allowed to FORCE everyone to accept it...and if someone doesn't except it, they somehow have recourse? I don't get it.

No one says you have to like anyone gay, but you do have to respect their civil rights as much as the next human being's. Its about equality, its about the fact that these types of methods of dealing with the homosexual minority are equivalent to making them sit in the back of the bus, making them drink from a separate fountain in public parks, or segregation in schools....These are all very much wrong in the public's eyes to do but denying health benefits based on someones sexual orientation? HEALTH benefits. I am not homosexual, but I FIRMLY believe that gays are to respected as much as women, or blacks, or any other minority we now tread carefully arond when discussing acceptable protocol for equality. Don't like them, thats your right. Just don't advocate prejudice in the work place because if they found some technicality to discriminate against you at the work place that isn't relevant to your performance you'd be mad too.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Most of those companies are on the list for not having Domestic Partnership benefits........

Gays know that not only Gays can be domestic partners? .. Many, many many straights enter partnerships for a variety of reasons, but avoid the commitment and legality of Marriage.

The list is a bunch of BS if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

reply to post by rcwj75

I agree.

Soon the beastiality group will want to be recognized and accepted.

Live your life how you want. I don't want to be forced to accept the way they live just like I don't force them to accept the way I live.

wow really? I think your going a bit far and I also think your getting insulting here. Comparing homosexuality to bestiality? First thats offensive, utterly so. Second these are human beings that live a lifestyle that breaks NO laws and affects NO ONE else.Your comparison is DEEPLY flawed.

*edit to change "choose" to "live"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join