It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
okay so you defend cheap illegal work and then condem it?
you are making comments then we make counter arguments and then you modify your arguments again. you are talking in circles

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've been attempting to establish a pattern of american activity that constextualizes such raids as quintessentially american. how is that off topic? because I'm not a hatemonger?

why are you censoring all this?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by incoherent_television]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by incoherent_television

I'm not censoring anything. Your back and forth bickering, name-calling, pointing out spelling errors, grammar mistakes and general banter is doing nothing productive for the thread and isn't even close to "denying ignorance". Several members have complained about this thread and some of its participants.

This is a final warning. Any further attempts to derail the thread will result in a 3 day post ban.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I personally don't believe that Pelosi is for illegal immigrants or should I say pro-illegal. I just think she is a typical politician who will play both side of the issues to get votes. If it were an anti-illegal group you would have heard different words from her.

I also believe that she and Congress are under immense criticism from the American Public and they Congress are trying everything possible to get the focus off them. What better issue than illegal immigration.

Wouldn't surprise me to see more politicians chiming in on the illegal immigration over the next few days and weeks.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
for once I agree with Pelosi

never again i'm sure though

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well I think this puts doubt into thinking that the borders will be open to rest,kind of shows direction we are going to,1st Obama decimates the taxpayers,now open the borders,we in the US have just been screwed I'm afraid,wonder what they will call it?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
why doesnt the CIA actually assasinate corrupt people for once instead of innocents, i could think of ae few senators and high ups that they SHOULD be gunning for.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
JEsus this woman almost makes me sick to my stoamch as Hillar clinton does. She msut be smioking some of that CIA embezzled dope or crack to say such things!
What sickens me even more, is she said it in a public statemant apparently, and NO ONE in congress has said nuthin...she shold be removed and reffered to as a Benedict Arnold.

she should be forced to buy a house in mexico and see how great things are down there

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I can see if she is referring to work raids only. It interrupts business(now is not a good time to interrupt businesses no matter the reason) and it puts people who are legal, or citizens, in a a very awkward position. No one should be harrassed at work for any reason.

There are certainly other times to catch people, like all the corner standing.

That being said, the patriotic thing kills me. Who is she kidding?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So what if it interrupts a buisness that hires illegals. They don't want their buisness to be shown in an upleasant light then they need to follow the law.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I can see if she is referring to work raids only. It interrupts business(now is not a good time to interrupt businesses no matter the reason) and it puts people who are legal, or citizens, in a a very awkward position. No one should be harrassed at work for any reason.

There are certainly other times to catch people, like all the corner standing.

That being said, the patriotic thing kills me. Who is she kidding?

If that's what it takes to get the business owners attention that they are breaking the law, then so be it.

It's quite obvious that "playing nice" hasn't worked at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Whenever I read anything like that -

It just confirms to me that there is a very well established plan -
that the masses have not been made privy to.

Clearly - a statement like this should never be coming out of a lawmakers mouth.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

To me it just leapfrogs that the government can go harrass a business about anything then. That is what I am trying to get at.

Should the businesses be hiring illegal aliens? no. I agree with that.

But instead of harrassing one business at a time, legislation needs to be put in that they can only hire documented workers. And they need time to start a new hiring process. But many of these businesses hire legal workers as well. And to suddenly throught he business out of whack without a chance to adjust so the legal workers lose business isn't fair either. A lot of these are contractign companies or building/landscaping companies of some sort. And when they rely on each other, if one can't function, it hurts the others as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Wow.
Politically correct x 10...
Talk about bending over backwards.
Just imagine if she had said drug busts are 'unpatriotic'

Frankly, I'm tired of this 'patriotic / unpatriotic' bull.
It's just a controlling mechanism to size other people up and make them feel as though they should fit your definition of 'patriotic' while at the same time making it seem as though the user is the very definition of 'patriotic'.
And we all know that everyone who isn't a patriot is a terrorist

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join