It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

They haven't played anything which is the problem. Nothing has been done. Little attacks here and there just are not working. We have millions of people here illegally. Arresting four or five is like cleanign up a tanker oil spill with a sponge.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by jd140

To me it just leapfrogs that the government can go harrass a business about anything then. That is what I am trying to get at.

Should the businesses be hiring illegal aliens? no. I agree with that.

But instead of harrassing one business at a time, legislation needs to be put in that they can only hire documented workers. And they need time to start a new hiring process. But many of these businesses hire legal workers as well. And to suddenly throught he business out of whack without a chance to adjust so the legal workers lose business isn't fair either. A lot of these are contractign companies or building/landscaping companies of some sort. And when they rely on each other, if one can't function, it hurts the others as well.

It is a law that you cannot hire illegals. It has been a law for many many years. How much longer do they need to comply?

If it hurts the legal workers then they need to get off their butts and fight for tougher consequences for those who choose to employ illegals.

There is no excuse that you can give me that will make me think that its ok to break the law.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I am also thinking of it from this avenue....

How would you feel if the DEA came in to inspect everyone to see if they had drugs on them?

Or the IRS just barges in and starts checking the books?

I am not arguing with you that it is illegal to hire. Or that the people are here illegally. But I think that human search and seizures on the jobs are unneccesary and kinda creepy.

Wait till before work, after work, whenever.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

I am also thinking of it from this avenue....

How would you feel if the DEA came in to inspect everyone to see if they had drugs on them?

Or the IRS just barges in and starts checking the books?

I am not arguing with you that it is illegal to hire. Or that the people are here illegally. But I think that human search and seizures on the jobs are unneccesary and kinda creepy.

Wait till before work, after work, whenever.

Why before or after?

If they check before work then everyone loses a full day of pay. Atleast they are still on the clock during the search.

After work they are off the clock and are force to stay there without pay, while missing family time and missing dinner.

IRS does barge in and check the books. Its called an audit. Sure they may give you a day or two to find your reciepts and get everything in order. But it is still a huge pain in the butt.

If the DEA wants to search me then they have my 100% cooperation anytime. I don't deal with drugs, so I have no reason to fear them.

These search and seizures you think are creepy wouldn't be neccessary if we had tougher border control laws.

I'm not against shoot on site.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It smells a little bit of a police state is what I am trying to describe. And just because your innocent, doesn't make it any less instrusive.

We used to have drug raids in our schools. Everyone went on lockdown and they would bring in police and dogs and have them search the lockers. Totally random.

Sorry,but I think that kind of activity, especially in a school is too bizarre. And kids who just looked suspicious were pulled into the office and searched.

Despite what people feel about immigration policies, it can't be a platform for a police state any more then terrorism is.

First it is work, then schools, and then homes.

get my drift?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

If people obeyed the law then there wouldn't be any raids. It isn't a police state, its called enforcing the law.

I don't think they raid enough.

I had those searches also. But I doubt they went into your locker, thats what the dogs are for.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm sorry but you seem to be making sense in an immigration thread.

This is usually frowned upon by many ATS members!

You should stop it and join the bandwagon and just senselessly hate illegal super-aliens!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I was wondering when our favorite Canadian who thinks he can run our country better then us while his falls into the toilet was going to jump in this debate.

Hows your Country doing? Still have that open border?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

They haven't played anything which is the problem. Nothing has been done. Little attacks here and there just are not working. We have millions of people here illegally. Arresting four or five is like cleanign up a tanker oil spill with a sponge.

It isn't just 4 or 5. They've been netting hundreds in some cases. So, you're against these raids because you feel they are ineffective? Or is it just because you feel sorry for the illegals getting what they deserve?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What gall!!! Pelosi has begun to turn my stomach,just at the mere sight of her cynical smile.

People it all boils down to the non returned illegal workers tax dollars(which add up to several million dollars a week). The secondary deal is,with the help of A.C.O.R.N. and similar groups,illegals are registered to vote.That is what Pelosi and the rest of her mental clones are about. Take their money and get their votes.

How sad it is thet the people in this country still think people like Pelosi are working for them!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think they are ineffective. Much like the war on drugs. They knock out a dealer or two and call it a win. But in the scheme of things, it is nothing.

Control everything crossing the border including money and your gonna really start catching some fish.

Develope a legislation system where employees actually have to be ID.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think they are ineffective. Much like the war on drugs. They knock out a dealer or two and call it a win. But in the scheme of things, it is nothing.

Control everything crossing the border including money and your gonna really start catching some fish.

Develope a legislation system where employees actually have to be ID.

IDs can always be faked. Papers can always be generated for the right price, complete with a fake credit history. If you don't support random busts and IDing can be faked then what's the answer?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Can somebody tell me how these illegals are getting in and maybe give me percentages?

For example, 90% come in through Mexican Border.

I still believe Washington is trying to throw people off their trail.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I was wondering when our favorite Canadian who thinks he can run our country better then us while his falls into the toilet was going to jump in this debate.

While I do agree that how the united states is being run can be considered a model country
ummm.... but I think Canada is doing fine.

only problem is that we got all these americans coming over for cheap pharmeutical products, because since your country's healthcare is so well run, sometimes... just sometimes they want a break from overpriced medicine.

So tell me something regarding your model country that you speak of
Can you tell me something that Canada can learn from the U.S.
Just one thing?????

Just one!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by jd140

While I do agree that how the united states is being run can be considered a model country
ummm.... but I think Canada is doing fine.

only problem is that we got all these americans coming over for cheap pharmeutical products, because since your country's healthcare is so well run, sometimes... just sometimes they want a break from overpriced medicine.

So tell me something regarding your model country that you speak of
Can you tell me something that Canada can learn from the U.S.
Just one thing?????

Just one!

How about creating more businesses and job opportunities for your citizens. If your country was so damned good at doing that then why are there so many Canadians here in the Dallas area working technical jobs on H1B visas???

[edit on 19-3-2009 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
How about creating more businesses and job opportunities for your citizens. If your country was so damned good at doing that then why are there so many Canadians here in the Dallas area working technical jobs on H1B visas???

[edit on 19-3-2009 by sos37]

Yes here I agree with you
i'm not a fake person
most americans would just say AMERICA #1
Me i'll admit our shortcomings

The canadians over in Dallas are mostly IT people
Programmers and DBAs
Unfortunately there's a huge lack of good IT people in the U.S.
So YOUR companies outsource everything to Canada and India
where THEY(not me) believe smarter people reside.

Many of these consultants come from Montreal or Toronto
where standard of living costs is better than Dallas

Keep that in mind before you judge

Another thing is many companies moved from the US to Canada because of Sarbane Oxley. That's your red tape not ours, you made them come here

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The stupidity of our government never cease to amaze me..........

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
What gall!!! Pelosi has begun to turn my stomach,just at the mere sight of her cynical smile... How sad it is thet the people in this country still think people like Pelosi are working for them!!

Just remember:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db7fc4c8cfa6.gif[/atsimg]

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Please excuse me while I vomit. Her smile reminds me of Jack Nickolsons smile when he played the Joker. I like Jack,don't care much for Pelosi!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think in time of war, this could very well be TREASON. What if one of those houses was hiding a sleeper terrorist? What if one of those illegal undocumented breaking the immigration law immigrants took your childs job? What if one of those IUBTLI's bought a car, drove it to the place where they can get a fake or stolen SSN or Business ID # and in the way home from there hit your wife or dad or child or yourself for that matter and did not have any insurance?

The sad part, if that did happen, he would be out on bail and he or she would simply just disapear or go back to mexico or where ever they came from.

So Nancy, the next time you say mention crap like that to a focus group, think before you speak!!!!

Eye of Eagle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join