It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Tells Illegal Immigrants That Work Site Raids are Un-American

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well, something that seems to get lost in all of this "poor immigrants just looking for a better life" rhetoric is the fact that we have immigration laws for definite reasons. It's not merely to keep the have nots out of our honey pot.

To be sure, our politicians want illegal immigrants here for purposes of taxation and commerce and to build up their voter bases. People such as John McCain and George Bush and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have demonstrated that they were more than willing to violate our own immigration laws and ignore the will of the American people in the interest of rolling out the red carpet to illegal aliens.

But there are vitally important reasons for keeping the illegals out.

One reason our immigration laws were established was to prevent other nations from shipping their criminals and their insane to our shores as a means of emptying their prisons and asylums. We don't want homicidal immigrants roaming our streets, okay. Another reason is to thwart international terrorism, gang activity and drug trafficking across our boarders. Probably the best reason I can think of is to prevent the spread of exotic diseases from foreign lands. Immigrants should be thoroughly screened for contagious illnesses, don't you agree? Otherwise, our population panics (and some certainly die) due to these extraordinary outbreaks of Third-World diseases that we can't trace.

So, public safety and national security are the primary reason why we screen and document immigrants and why we have immigration laws. The height of ignorance and absurdity are these illegal alien sob-stories designed to pluck at our heart strings and compel us to trash our immigration laws — I mean, in a very real sense, those ninnies who advocate scuttling our immigration laws are talking about voluntarily endangering America's public health and national security.

Look, I've lived in three major areas of illegal alien occupation around this country. In each of those areas, a significant portion of the crime rate was directly attributable to illegal aliens — the crimes regularly range from DUI to homicide. In point of fact, my older sister was kidnapped and raped by an illegal alien back in the 1970s, back when we called them wetbacks down in Texas. That same pig committed suicide later, and it was revealed that he was mentally ill.

But I hear the same complaints from law enforcement agencies all around the country — that, if the illegal aliens are prosecuted, our judicial system immediately releases the scum back into society. No doubt our judges have orders from on-high. In the very rare cases of deportation, the illegals return within weeks, and they return repeatedly.

This is all about our government knowingly ignoring our own federal laws, knowingly failing to incarcerate or deport illegal aliens, and knowingly endangering the American public.

Which is what I call treason, if not outright domestic terrorism on the part of our politicians and judges.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Pelosi is un-American!

Isn't she Israeli?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Since your question was answered already, I will ask mine one more time and hope to get an answer.

Canada still have those open boarders?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I didn't mean that specifically. I was too tired to come up with any ideas last night. LOL

I have to ponder it for a bit.

I just don't think little raids work.Lets see: So how do you filter out a group of people, without harrassing everyone else?

For one, we can start making it less cozy for them to stay.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I don't think Canada has a problem taking our money for prescriptions. LOL
And why should they?

But I don't think it will be long till the immigration moves upward. Then I wonder what they will do. Just wondering...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm just tired of that modern guy digging on US immigration laws when Canada has closed boarders.

He thinks we should open our boarders up for all who want in, when his country has better border protection then we do.

As far as the pharmacuticals are concerned. If that is all Canada has on us then I'm good with that.

He is nothing more then an armchair quarterback whos opinions, if followed, will only affect others and not him.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by sos37
How about creating more businesses and job opportunities for your citizens. If your country was so damned good at doing that then why are there so many Canadians here in the Dallas area working technical jobs on H1B visas???

[edit on 19-3-2009 by sos37]

Yes here I agree with you
i'm not a fake person
most americans would just say AMERICA #1
Me i'll admit our shortcomings

The canadians over in Dallas are mostly IT people
Programmers and DBAs
Unfortunately there's a huge lack of good IT people in the U.S.
So YOUR companies outsource everything to Canada and India
where THEY(not me) believe smarter people reside.

Many of these consultants come from Montreal or Toronto
where standard of living costs is better than Dallas

Keep that in mind before you judge

Another thing is many companies moved from the US to Canada because of Sarbane Oxley. That's your red tape not ours, you made them come here

Incorrect. The U.S. doesn't outsource the real "thinking" jobs to Canada - those go to India. Don't flatter yourself. And the only reason jobs are outsourced in the first place is because of cost, not lack of educated people to work those jobs. A lack of educated professionals is the claim of corporate leaders who want to eliminate the cap on H1Bs so they can eliminate Americans from jobs and replace them with lower-paid immigrants from other countries.

But up until 2008 the U.S. economy was in a constant state of growth. Opportunities were abundant for legal citizens. Not the same in Canada, eh?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Incorrect. The U.S. doesn't outsource the real "thinking" jobs to Canada - those go to India. Don't flatter yourself. And the only reason jobs are outsourced in the first place is because of cost, not lack of educated people to work those jobs. A lack of educated professionals is the claim of corporate leaders who want to eliminate the cap on H1Bs so they can eliminate Americans from jobs and replace them with lower-paid immigrants from other countries.

Dude, this is my field we are talking about, not yours.
Unless you are an IT person then I apologize for my assumption.

But no, I did consulting jobs in quite a few states and I wasn't impressed by IT people there. It's funny, networks are going down, websites are offline but admins are busy playing solitaire on their computer. And i'm not referring to just one incident trust me.

I was also on the IT recruitment side of the fence as well.
I interviewed many americans and there's just too many breaks in their resumes. IT experience here, and unrelated experience in the middle.

I'm in the field I know what i'm talking about and my experiences span accross both countries.

We have the multimedia city here in Old Montreal.
EA Games, Ubisoft etc... look for creative IT pros here mostly.

But up until 2008 the U.S. economy was in a constant state of growth. Opportunities were abundant for legal citizens. Not the same in Canada, eh?

There were always jobs here in Canada bud

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I'm just tired of that modern guy digging on US immigration laws when Canada has closed boarders.

He thinks we should open our boarders up for all who want in, when his country has better border protection then we do.

Can someone here who knows my opinion on the topic correct JD140?

He might believe it more if it came from someone else.
Maybe the guy with the incredible Hulk as his Avatar or the eagle in front of the flag or that other guy with another eagle in front of the flag in their respective avatars.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's all too easy for Pelosi to run off at the mouth in defence of illegal immigrants, with Alaska being nowhere close to the problem. I wonder how much her beliefs would alter had she been governor of a state that borders with Mexico. Not only would she then have to deal with the high crime rate associated with Mexican drug and immigrant smuggling, she would also be faced with the high costs of health care and education. I think Pelosi should just keep her mouth shut, and instead ask herself why she is condoning these illegal activities.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Pelosi represents California.
Not Alaska.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow! This thread has just reaffirmed my position about how ignorant and misinformed the average US citizen is!

Case in point...Your damn country was built on illegal immigration.....Second, whatever happened to free trade? Damn, border agents even banning Canadians who have worked legally in your country for several years from ever entering the US again because "foreigners are stealing our jobs www.cbc.ca...

Third, look at the EU, open borders and almost anyone can work anywhere....Protectionism did not work in the great depression and it will be worse this time.....Sheesh, no wonder the US is in such turmoil...give it a rest and look at what your neighbours to the North are doing right for a change!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by krazykanuk]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
^ bahaha.

yea look at germany what nice people. wont let muslims build a mosque because it would hurt the look and style of a certain germanic town

or should we look at the muslims in britain that are picketing and laughing at the dead soldiers coming back from iraq?

or should we look at france where their people riot every other week and torch cars???

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

My apologies...I don't know what I was thinking! We here in Canada have immigration problems, but because we can be charged with making "racist comments", it's all kept pretty quiet. Our problem is one in that we allow people into the country without have done any background checks on them. These people upon coming here, simply have to claim "refugee status", then are given a date on which to appear for an immigration hearing. Meanwhile they are given instant health care and housing, all at great cost to the Canadian taxpayer. A refugee claimant whilst awaiting their hearing, receives a cheque for over $2,400 per month, more than twice the amount a senior citizen gets for a pension, after having paid taxes for most of their working life. Many criminals on the run from the law in their own countries, know they can live more comfortably in Canada than they ever did back in their home countries. Most of the crime in our cities, can be attributed to ethnic gangs, especially crimes involving firearms, and murder over drug territories. The hands of the police are tied by cries of "racism", whenever arrests are made. Canada has become a country in which the immigrant rules, whilst Canadians are fast losing their identity. I have no problem with someone coming in as a legal immigrant and contributing to the well-being of the country, but most come in bringing their religious and political problems with them. I have no doubt many terrorists have entered our country because of our lax immigration laws, and are just biding their time, waiting for the order to slit their neighbours' throats.
Again, my apologies for the mistake regarding Ms. Pelosi. I'm still shaking my head!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Answer the question I asked.

Why do you keep dodging it?

When comes to this paticular thing I hold actual US citizens comments in much higher regard to those who aren't.

How has the US immigration laws hurt you? Have you been bypassed by an illegal for a job that you desperatly needed? My life would be much better if they were not here.

What if millions of Americans illegally went to your country and took jobs that your fellow Canadians need? How would you feel if you was fired from your job and you was bypassed for one of these illegals?

I do not need others to reenforce your belief. I know there are those who think we should accept them into our Country. Most of them probably don't think they have been affected by it.

If they do feel they were affected by it then they blame the government. I too blame the government. I blame them for not enforcing the law. I also blame those who sympathize with them. They only make it harder for the government to enforce the law.

After all, the politicians need to be re elected.

So again I ask.

How are Canadas open borders working?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by krazykanuk

Have you been to Europe?

Not the best Country to use as an example.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

When comes to this paticular thing I hold actual US citizens comments in much higher regard to those who aren't.

I was born in NY

How has the US immigration laws hurt you? Have you been bypassed by an illegal for a job that you desperatly needed? My life would be much better if they were not here.

Have I been bypassed by an illegal for a job I wanted?
Bypassed by an ILLEGAL?
Dude I don't apply for jobs at mcdonalds or chinese dishwasher positions man. If your applying for those type of jobs then get a better education first.

What if millions of Americans illegally went to your country and took jobs that your fellow Canadians need? How would you feel if you was fired from your job and you was bypassed for one of these illegals?

Who is to blame for this?
The illegals or my govt.?

To focus on the symptom of the problems is futile and will only result in derogatory sentiment.

How are Canadas open borders working?

Could be better, but not too bad

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Pelosi needs to find a new country we don't like her stupid s#!t here. Legal immigrants have nothing to worry about illegals should know better. Unfortunately with the drug lord wars going on in Mexico and general terror in other countries it makes things much harder.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Beach Bum]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Your from NY? Thats cool, I'm from Mars.

Did I say I got passed for a job? Nope, I mentioned my life would be better without them. My mother didn't have a college degree and had a hard time finding work when I was growing up in southern Oklahoma, my father was not around from age 5-13 through no fault of his own.

She got passed up for jobs more then once and fired for the same reason more then once.

What smart alec thing you got to say about her and her education?

I saw you said you was an IT worker. Figures, those guys are always snobby virgins who think they are better then everyone else. The job fits the personality. I bet your real good at D&D too.

You start work on your borders first and then once you get those open to anyone who wants to live and work in Canada you can come down here and make a graph of how you did it on your laptop.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Dude I don't apply for jobs at mcdonalds or chinese dishwasher positions man.

Maybe where you live the illegals only work at McDonalds, or as dishwashers, but not where i live. They work in a lot of factories making $15 and up, but yet the excuse is that they work jobs that Americans won't, for pay that Americans won't. Hogwash many Americans would love a job with that pay, unfortunately the owners would rather hire illegals so they can get away with not paying for insurance, paying them $15 for doing a job that they should be getting paid $25 + for doing.

If your heart bleeds for them that is your right, and you're more than welcome to take them into your country, but don't tell us that we should accept it . And yes it is our government's fault, and that is what this thread is about, the fact that our politicians seem to be more worried about immigrants that are breaking our laws the minute they cross the border, than they are about the citizens of this country.

An American politician that says work place raids are un-american, and that illegal immigrants are patriotic, how disgraceful ! Believe me we know that it is our governments fault, that is what we are complaining about.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join