It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps, WTF?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

GREAT FIND! I hope to see other comments....

There have been many, many other comments that identify what you are looking at, if you'd bother taking a few minutes to read, you'd have gotten the link which shows it as a old bombing range.

So, any bets on how much longer this thread is going to go on for?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I bet it gets to 18 pages of complete and utter nonsense.
Any takers?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

I figured it out. I hope you don’t mind me attaching your thread called “A simple suggestion for all” to another thread. I got bashed on there, for stating an opinion. Now it’s once again back to these swastika looking symbols and bombing ranges. I couldnt find the U2U link.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Is this thread still going??

it was on page 7 and dying yesterday...

people just read the OP and then skip to the back to comment...

Sad really

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

No , i dont mind at all.
I read what you posted, and i see it didnt take long for you to find "the ones" huh?
How many pages you think we will get in this thread?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Youre right it didn’t take but 5 minutes to get bashed. I added your link to the “HR 1388 just passed”. It’s added on page 7. I’m surprised your link didn’t get much attention that it deserves . My thread was similar but you got more replies. When you ask “how many pages you think we will get on this thread” are you referring to the WTF map thread or your bashing thread? I see we added another alien so it might pick up speed again?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Just this one.
There are alot of great members here, and only a few that will bash a different opinion.
Its a good way to say they have nothing to add.
But im betting we get to 18 pages on this thread by people innocently just posting and not reading!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm guessing we'll make it to 15 pages. What do you think?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

18 Pages by tomorrow this time.
But i do hope someone adds something good, though!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I’m glad we became friends at the perfect time. I have a feeling I’ll be using your “A simple question for all” link often if this keeps up. You may be right about 18 pages. I’ll more than likely post more google earth maps on simulated Surface to Air Missile (SAM) sites.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Cool, im glad i connected with someone.
Feel free anytim, and ill see you here.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Me too. Ive also seen you other places but here on the WTF map is good, for me too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

yeah, im all over.
i have alot of interests and this happened to be one.
There is so much good stuff here, and alot of good points in this thread too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I’m having a problem linking google earth images but will keep trying to re-format to jpg. Coordinates 37.401437,-116.86773 Once there, zoom out until you see a group of buildings in the lower left side of the image. This is Ford Aerospace. The large sun looking thing is a (SAM) site. Surface to Air Missile bombing site. In Nevada. Some odd symbols.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I’m all over the place today too. Yes this site is interesting. I’m hoping for more alien viewers and posters.Lots of good theories. Even though we know the answer. Maybe some have better explanations.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is the area in Nevada near area 51. Nellis.

A simulated target, whether is be an airfield, a SAM site or an industrial complex is a mock-up or simulation of the real thing. They are not real or functional, but are built to look real from the air. They only have one function and that is to provide a real looking target for fighter pilots to attack. They can't practice attacking real buildings, airports of missile defense systems, so we build simulated ones. The military does not want their pilots dropping real bombs on these simulated targets or there would be nothing left for the other pilots to practice attacking. They want the pilots to be dropping real looking bombs so they can be graded on how well they attacked and hit the target. So instead of dropping real "bad assed" bombs, they drop concrete bombs that don't explode. They only have a small marking charge on the concrete bomb so they can easily see where the bomb landed. There are cameras all around the simulated targets so the people doing the grading, can see how good or bad the pilot did. Being these concrete bombs do not explode, we go out later and pick them all up and send them back to Nellis AFB to be used over again and again. No, simulated targets does not mean sitting in a machine. If it was just sitting in a machine or computer, it would be a virtual target

[edit on 19-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It almost looks like an inverted pentagram. Spooky!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yet another perfectly explainable target, made for one purpose.
But being that there are so many shapes, it brings me to the idea of whoever has the job of digging them out, may be able to use their artistic expression.
I would think that they would all look at least somewhat similar, despite a few changes for the size of the bomb, the height and speed it gets dropped from, etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yes, the shapes sure do look weird. Since the concrete bombs don’t cause an explosion they defiantly make a dent in the ground. I saw people on here trying to figure out what the holes in the ground were. I hope they know now. Do you still think we’ll make it to page 18? I’m still betting on 15. I’m curious too, as to who created these symbols and why they chose them. It would have been easier if it was simply a round target with a bull’s-eye in the center. Yes very artistic. Help solve this MYSTERY.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Oh, we still have MANY hours left, my friend!
Yes, i still going with 18. I picked it, ill stick with it.
Even though they are slowing a little now, im not one to backpedal easily.
Im sure there were many people that did these, so i wonder if it was like, "hey dude, im doing area 51 check out what i made", and his buddy was on the phone with "oh yeah? well i did this and its HUGE!"

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join