It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps, WTF?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This thread has reached new levels of bizarre-ness.

Bizarre-ity is rampant.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That's in my neck of the woods, or desert in this case, and this is the first I've seen of it. I'll have to ask around. It's certainly not a bombing range, this area is oil, and agricultural.

It's 40-50 miles from here.

This is just really curious, but I'm sure the explanation is fairly mundane.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

OH, ok. my bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
but I'm sure the explanation is fairly mundane.

Truer words were never spoken.....

Old bombing range.....mundane as hell.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Interesting and kind of weird how the first one in the OP is here and the second is located 61.3miles away here from it and has an airstrip looking like a compass... Wonder if this one has an opening of 39 or 40degrees... Just under Roswell NMexico and just another coincidence...

Gee, could the military put signs up as supposed target practice and then later on use them for some other reason, spiritual perhaps? Why both on 33degrees.

will continue looking....

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Gee I wonder if it is something from Atlantis, or Aliens Made it or Nazi Ghosts, or Mayan 12/21/12 symbol, or where George Bush hid his brains, or Scientology bunker, or Paul Bunyon drew it as a kid, or David Copperfield screwed up a magic trick.

Hmm do ya think it could be an old air force practice target?? No way, It must be the entry to the underworld!!!! Morlocks made it!!!!

ATS is a fun place but this thread is a monument to ignorance. So many people entered here without ever reading any previous posts or links, and began wild speculation on all sorts of subjects that had little to do with reality.

Just to add to the chaos, here is the map pic of the Scientology bunker and air strip in New Mexico. Scientology secret bunker Yeah I know, no one will bother to look at the link, and the next posting will be about how Jesus made the desert symbols.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Thanks for that one... but your comment about being a 'Monument to ignorance' is quite revealing. Much like what others who have read through the entire thread here and found out what the OP was and then went on from there. You would have seen this had you read through the entire thread.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I really want to go check this out, now...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Gee I wonder if it is something from Atlantis, or Aliens Made it or Nazi Ghosts, or Mayan 12/21/12 symbol, or where George Bush hid his brains, or Scientology bunker, or Paul Bunyon drew it as a kid, or David Copperfield screwed up a magic trick.

That stuff could be funny if you weren't serious. The term conspiracy theorist has enough negative charge, it doesn't need another unoriginal addition.
Let us have some fun for christ's sake...

Originally posted by warpboost
That seems like kind of a stretch. If you zoom out a little there are craters all over the place not just exclusively in a ring around that area.
[edit on 18-3-2009 by warpboost]

Hahaha, you're sooo right!!! I should have looked further than my nose is long huh?
Good job Warp, and I still think this was a great entertaining find, whatever the outcome!

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Psynarchist]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I read this entire thread from start to finish. Certainly, it seemed interesting at the start and I myself questioned what I could possibly be looking at. However, the pieces did come together, that this was a precision bombing site. Then proof of this was posted as a link to another website with images of precision bombing sites.

Yet people continued to speculate and suggest the most outlandish ideas. I've heard Atlantis mentioned, UFOs, freemasonry.... 2012.... need I go on? All of these topics are unrelated to the precision bombing site in NM desert, why try to connect them together?

The OP created an interesting post, that like most things, turned out to be something easily explainable. What amazes me most about this thread is the level of inanity (or, insanity?
) displayed by people. Days after this 'mystery' was solved, people still post about the 33rd degree or ancient symbolism. Does anyone even bother to read a thread?

If people bothered to look at the facts and think with their head on their shoulders and not in the clouds, they will find answers. I just can't believe that people resort to the usual conspiracy theories, even after it's been shown that this is almost certainly nothing more than a bombing test site in the desert. To add to the stupidity of the whole thing, it turns out that an image of that site was posted in a previous thread months ago on ATS, and I'm sure it descended into the same kind of silliness.

This is my first post here, and I think now I have a good idea what to expect from people lol.

Keep your mind open, but not so open that your brain falls out.

[edit on 19/3/2009 by Sepheryn]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

Sorry pal i didnt know you'd already posted that, i got it from the link that was provided by someone earlier about it being a bombing range, also i think its pretty fair to say everyone else in this thread has posted something that has already been noted, a few times over...i think if everyone read at least a bit of the thread they'd realise its been established that its a bombing range....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
As far as I know the Swastika is in the other direction, atleast the nazi one.

I think the Zeitgeist movieclip bring this up that the nazi swastika is a backward symbol of the sun.

Watch the video if you like to know more.

Yeah, this is a native american sun wheel

www.cabq.gov...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 18731542

Originally posted by MrPenny
Bombing range. The shape at the top appears to be a representation of a ship...at least to me. The large central construction has elements that very closely line up to the 200ft scale, handily provided by Google Maps. I can't quite decide what most of the shapes are intended to represent, if anything, but I do think the "ship" shape (heh) is very clear.

I have to agree with you on the ship in fact was going to post same myself. It def resembles a battlesship. funnel in the center and guns fore and aft.

Yeah...

I immediately thought ship...

Maybe too much battleship playing...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
Apparently it seem to be a simple target practice area for bombers and combat jet.

An Airforce base is around that area.

This actually makes a lot of sense... which is why one looks like a ship.... However, is the "ship" anywhere near the size of a real ship?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Regardless if it is near a military base or was used for a bombing training site, Why of all the symbols they could use they choose these?

And the fact that the base/area is @33 degree can all be coincidence but I think there is more to it.

What is funny is the craters on the main site are all "around" the target area but never on it, so they used live ammunition around the target but not on it? I guess they need more practice lol

And it is not like we as humans have never built over or next to a known ancient site/city right?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Krypto69]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sepheryn
I read this entire thread from start to finish. Certainly, it seemed interesting at the start and I myself questioned what I could possibly be looking at. However, the pieces did come together, that this was a precision bombing site. Then proof of this was posted as a link to another website with images of precision bombing sites.

Yet people continued to speculate and suggest the most outlandish ideas. I've heard Atlantis mentioned, UFOs, freemasonry.... 2012.... need I go on? All of these topics are unrelated to the precision bombing site in NM desert, why try to connect them together?

The OP created an interesting post, that like most things, turned out to be something easily explainable. What amazes me most about this thread is the level of inanity (or, insanity?
) displayed by people. Days after this 'mystery' was solved, people still post about the 33rd degree or ancient symbolism. Does anyone even bother to read a thread?

If people bothered to look at the facts and think with their head on their shoulders and not in the clouds, they will find answers. I just can't believe that people resort to the usual conspiracy theories, even after it's been shown that this is almost certainly nothing more than a bombing test site in the desert. To add to the stupidity of the whole thing, it turns out that an image of that site was posted in a previous thread months ago on ATS, and I'm sure it descended into the same kind of silliness.

This is my first post here, and I think now I have a good idea what to expect from people lol.

Keep your mind open, but not so open that your brain falls out.

[edit on 19/3/2009 by Sepheryn]

This should be a lesson in how CRAZY these ideas are... none of them came close to the mundane reality...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
since this thread is still going here's another from just north of the area-

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I looked!
But why would looking at anything in this thread be important?
We figured out what it was back on page 3 or 4 right?
Oh my god i get a headache when this happens.
And i even came back in a few pages later, with a link to the explanation.
You can lead a horse, or ats'er to water....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 18731542

I did a quick measure in Google Earth, came up with the objects dimensions of roughly 240 metres long by 60 metres wide.

Use the Ruler option under the Tools menu.

Hope it helps

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
33.365825, -103.584595

Same thing, a few miles away.
Airbase nearby..
OBVIOUSLY NOT a bombing range..

Aliens are getting ready to attack, and are plotting coordinates.

Edit to add:
33.119855,-104.638274 Already mentioned on another page.
Just a few miles further away.

Its a conspiracy, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES..

[edit on 19-3-2009 by broadway_baby1983]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join