It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps, WTF?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by twilightzone
Zoom out and you will see also a circular shape around that facilities.

I zoomed out and noticed a circle indeed, and I scanned the thread but didn't see a picture of it yet so here it is:

Awesome find, S+F for you mate, whatever it eventually turns out to be!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Someone should seriously make at least one post per page of this thread reminding people that WTF has been answered and that the site is one of many World War 2 era precision bombing ranges. This continued speculation is beyond rediculous.

Deny Ignorance is still the motto of ATS?

There is a resemblance of the ship to the Yamamoto, 800ft long
200ft wide. And it was the most sought after ship.
I love it when all the pieces of a puzzle fit together.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Interesting speculation on these last few pages. So, as MikeboydUS suggested, here again is Whiteone's link from page 4:

home.comcast.net...

A photo on that page shows the precise target that the OP has found. It is located 55 miles ESE of Roswell, N.M. on the old Roswell test range.

Some have noted the proximity of farms and oil fields, but they are not evidence that these were not bombing targets because the targets haven't used since the end of World War II.

Arguably the most elaborate targets were associated with the Roswell Army Air Field. Over half of the 34 RAAF targets are either swastikas or reverse swastikas superimposed over a bull's-eye target. Large berms, 6 feet high, 15 feet wide and 1,000 feet long form the cross-hairs in the center of the target. Small appendages placed half-way down and perpendicular to each leg complete the appearance of the swastika.

In some cases other crudely made targets representing ships, ship docks, and oil storage tanks are visible around the perimeter of the swastikas or bull's-eye targets.

The bombing ranges were used just a few short years, from 1942 to 1945. A typical training mission consisted of dropping 100 pound concrete or sand-filled bombs. A small spotting charge, that fired out a flash of flame and smoke, was attached to each bomb allowing air crews to observe the accuracy of their practice mission. Sometimes other weaponry such as high explosive, water-filled chemical bombs and incendiary bombs were also used.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination

Originally posted by trustnobody
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

If it was a bombing range wouldn't there be bomb craters? I don't see anything that indicates any bombs being dropped.

Peace
Trustnobody

thats the first thing I was thinking?
ok where's the damage? where's the craters?
where is there any sign that a weapon was used/or detonated there.

Would they build a bombing test range, and then never use it???

This is becuase they didn't use live bombs, usually just bags of sand etc. usually with a a small explosive, which basically let off a puff of smoke so they could pin-point where it it, also if you actually read some of the other posts you'd notice that there is a .gif on page 2 that shows quite clearly in a different hue of colour in the photo there are plenty of craters but most of them look like theyve been filled in

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This appears to be a bomb test range. I believe the large "object" dug out of the ground (which is also covered in a white substance) is meant to be seen from the air from afar. The fainter objects can most definately represent bombing targets. The top one (from our given screenshots) represents a battleship almost perfectly. The one to the left represents a single building structure. The one to the right represents a large building with multiple "mini" targets. If I were flying bomber planes, I'd expect my test range to look almost identical to this. Just my opinion, though.

- Strype

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just following the dirt road back from that Google earth picture, shows that it is not a secure area. A wire gate across a dirt road is not secure. If it was an important secure area you would see a guard building, manned by armed military police in plain sight. These areas are patrolled by black unmarked helicopters and these people don't play nice. If it was an old bombing range I'm sure they have retired it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Geez people!
Please read all the post before replying. 11 pages! Page 3

posted on 17-3-2009 @ 01:36 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

They are bombing ranges, here's a link to info about them and others:

home.comcast.net...
And thank you for the above post. This area is now part of the permian oil feilds I do believe. Thousands of wells and equipment in the area. The planes at Roswell Municiple Airport (formerly Roswell Army Air Fields) to the north are there because there's a few outfits that refurbish airliners for the rich and famous. Holloman AFB is to the west about 150 miles which in ww2 was nothing but a R&D facility under a different name. The "Trinity Site" (atomic blast site) is north of Holloman and south of Bingham, N.M., west of Carrizozo, N.M.. Ellis Army is southwest.
I've lived here in this area for 18+ years. It's dry and arid. Landmarks, ie-targets, will not errode or disappear for quite sometime.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks to the OP though for bring this oddity up. That's why I love this site! Keep looking at New Mexico, The Land of Enchantment. There are some pretty strange things down here that don't get out in the public's veiw.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Yes there are oil fields around. Any bomber would be fairly accurate and precise, within feet of the targets. Since you’ve lived in the area for 18 years maybe you could ask some old codgers if it was a restricted site in the past.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm not going to read through the whole thread. Scanned to the end of the first page.

It's a bombing range used in WWII. The top "oval-ish" shape is made to resemble a ship for naval bombardment. The overall swastika, which is what it is, was made I assume to enforce the idea that they were bombing Nazi's. I figure the rectangle with the circles within is to resemble smokestacks of factories.

This is pretty common through out the desert's test ranges.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
GUYS GUYS!!!!!

I think this is a WWII bombing range... Ya really!!

=P

Come one guys, where's the point of getting into an conversation if you don't know how far the conversation has progressed???

Are people in such a need of confirmation that they need to announce that they "know" without considering that it already has been discussed???
This thread is not large, I can understand when the thread is like 40-50 pages....but..11??

So, come on....have a beer from the fridge and read teh threadz hoomanz!!

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marshy10156

Marshy read what i replied in the other post please before posting something already posted...

the burnt marks are usualy the proof of "trainings" bombs , rockets,missiles etc. proof of incendiary bombs too (particulary on the "ship"). and for information: usualy after training, when the area is way to much disfigured, they just send some guys to re fill the holes made by bombings cheers

CAN someone close that thread now ?

[edit on 18-3-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
repeat post.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by CrashGecko]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here is a link to a pdf that has some of the symbols inside it. Like the square with the x and the eye.
sacredcirclecosmos.com...&E_Chpt%202_TSCGS.pdf

the link would not come through so here it is with some spaces.

http:// sacredcirclecosmos.com /PDF /S&E_Chpt%202_TSCGS .pdf

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashGecko

Wrong, Svastika can have 2 directions , counterclockwise is a symbol for the representation of the "Black Sun" the meaning explain "everything ends in the dark" (death)

when its clockwise its a symbol for the "invincible sun" meaning "we all follow the glorious Sun " litteraly "life is stronger than defeat"

the svastikas is used in different religion as symbol for "death and reborn"

there is no real or unreal svastika , only different symbolism and meanings

In japan the svastika is called "Manji"

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

Wrong, Svastika can have 2 directions , counterclockwise is a symbol for the representation of the "Black Sun" the meaning explain "everything ends in the dark" (death)

when its clockwise its a symbol for the "invincible sun" meaning "we all follow the glorious Sun " litteraly "life is stronger than defeat"

the svastikas is used in different religion as symbol for "death and reborn"

there is no real or unreal svastika , only different symbolism and meanings

In japan the svastika is called "Manji"

Thank you and black sun is also called DZIT DIT GAII. We are looking at a military base here, not a bombing range.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the top image is suppose to be a boat

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I agree it is a boat, rather an ark.

That is the most damning evidence of an underground base.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes but what are the bombing targets? It appears to be 3 dimensional. Maybe the meaning of the target was to bomb a dimensional object? The boat is obvious. The other symbols are a mystery.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I dug up an old thread about this here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psynarchist

Originally posted by twilightzone
Zoom out and you will see also a circular shape around that facilities.

I zoomed out and noticed a circle indeed, and I scanned the thread but didn't see a picture of it yet so here it is:

Awesome find, S+F for you mate, whatever it eventually turns out to be!

That seems like kind of a stretch. If you zoom out a little there are craters all over the place not just exclusively in a ring around that area.

Here's a view I quickly made and probably didn't even circle all the visible craters

Here's a link to the same shot on imageshack who doesn't chop off half the pic!!

img12.imageshack.us...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by warpboost]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join