It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange lights over Liverpool UK, now. Can anyone confirm?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sky Lanterns are not spherical as your picture shows.

The spherical ones are very expensive if you can find them on ebay and not the sort of thing bought in vast quantites.

The spheres I am talking about are at least 10 - 15 foot in diameter and perfectly spherical.

These basic lanterns from ebay look odd in the sky I grant you but a closer examination of them shows them to be exactly what they are.

I also think that cold air does not help in the launch of these things and still would like to know how they turn themsleves on and off as in the PA video I posted.This is exactly how they appear.

When they disappear and just before they vanish they dim look like giant black washing up bubbles then they just dematerialise.

I'm open to any explanation to this phenomena but I think the answer lies elsewhere and that the lantern theory ( although responsible for many miss identifications ) hampers any chance of these sightings being looked at properly.

If as the MOD speculates they are balls of plasma I think serious research is required before someone accidentally comes into contact with one.
They are also an air navigation hazard and I'd hate to think would would happen if a jet sucked in a ball of plasma into its engine.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ah, I see what you mean. I've seen those giant sphere type sky lanterns on YouTube, but those aren't the ones sold on eBay of course. I thought your post concerned your contruction of a small spherical lantern to test. I've no thoughts about alternative phenomena like plasma balls, though I have read a bit about them. My comments concerned only the sourcing and use of standard sky lanterns. These can move in unusual pathways if the air currents are in different directions at different heights. However, I don't imply that all spherical lights are sky lanterns. I just reported my own experience with them.

WG3

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hi all,

Been scanning for more info on this.

All I have found so far is this:

Liverpool Echo

It seems to support the chinese lantern theory.

Peace,

MGGG

<< 2  3  4   >>

join