It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange lights over Liverpool UK, now. Can anyone confirm?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Well, that's what the website I looked at told me - here's the link to it. Maybe I misread it.

the site I used

I think I'm reading it right. :-s

thesaint - good call on emailing Pricey. I'm still waiting for my call back! Interesting how the first thing Roy Basnett said was 'chinese lanterns.'

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
They started really fast then seemed to slow down for quite a while, then they seemed to start speeding up and vanished. There was no flickering of the light, they were just gone.
I dont want to sound stupid but ive just never seen anything like it before.
Maybe your right and it is chinese lanterns but it certainly opened my eyes up to the possibility of UFOs.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jem1999

Thank you for coming here to share your experience on this, Its very interesting and it sure does make you think a bit,

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So then by this point in time, have there been anymore reports of sightings or is this it?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jem1999
They started really fast then seemed to slow down for quite a while, then they seemed to start speeding up and vanished. There was no flickering of the light, they were just gone.
I dont want to sound stupid but ive just never seen anything like it before.
Maybe your right and it is chinese lanterns but it certainly opened my eyes up to the possibility of UFOs.

Hey Jem

At the end of the day we didnt see them ourselves we are just going off the picture. What you physically seen may be something very unexplainable and could have been something Alien in nature. Just because we are all saying "Chinese Lanterns" dont let it put you off looking to the sky.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This looks like it for now.

I'm keeping listening and hoping some more will come up.

Jem1999 - it's great to have an actual witness here - it's a shame you didn't get pics, but that's life. :-)

Even if it is chinese lanterns - which I'm pretty sure it was, anything that opens up your eyes to the possibility of unexplainable things up in our skies is only a good thing.

You've taken the step to join us here so stick around and see what we have to offer - see what you can find to interest you and get stuck in. You'll never think the same way again.

when you say 'sped up' - what kind of speed would you say they went from and to.

Cheers,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Im just glad I found this website, Helped me get some understanding of what it could have been. If I see it again I will be sure to post it on here.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jem1999

That's what we try to do here - make sense of the stranger things that go on in the world.

Welcome aboard!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Its hard to explain. It was faster than watching an aeroplane. I know for sure it wasnt a helicopter as one of my friends who didnt see it suggested, as we get many a police helicopter at night round here. I just hope I see it again so I can get some photos or video.
I will be staying on here to see if anyone else has info on it.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Jem before you dissapear at the end of this thread i suggest you look around at other threads and topics on here. Im sure some would peak your interest and we always welcome new people with an open mind to offer their view on things

Welcome abroad

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wow, I am based in Liverpool and posted a UFO sighting in a thread about 6 hours ago, if I were fast enough I would've got video of it but it just disappeared.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by John Nada

Are you in the Croxteth/Norris Green area by any chance?

Sounds like it's probably the same things, doesn't it?

Didn't see your thread mate - I'm sorry - otherwise I'd have posted on that.

Have you been listening to Pete Price at all?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
reply to post by John Nada

Are you in the Croxteth/Norris Green area by any chance?

Sounds like it's probably the same things, doesn't it?

Didn't see your thread mate - I'm sorry - otherwise I'd have posted on that.

Have you been listening to Pete Price at all?

I'm based in Aigburth, South Liverpool so a loooong way away from that sighting yet they sound very similar.

No worries mate. Nah I don't listen to Pete Price the guy does my head in.

In fact to keep everything compact I'll repost what I saw from the thread I created earlier into this thread:

Hey all,

Apologies if there is a thread where all these sightings are compiled, I had a quick look and couldn't see anything.

Anyway, I'm almost embarrassed to post this seeing as I'm the biggest skeptic, and I'm not saying it's of another world or anything, but I just saw the weirdest object in the sky.

I was looking out the back window (it's starting to get dark here but not very dark) when I saw an object floating over that looked like a jelly fish, or like a nucleus, with a glowing center. By the time I whipped out my camera phone to video the object it was already passing over the house, so I ran to the front and by the time I got outside it was nowhere to be seen. At the speed it was going it should've been passing over as I got outside so that left me confused.

Anyway, to the naked eye it looked much higher than any plane usually is, yet it was definately bigger. I'm sorry about the fact that but for me not being fast enough I would've got some [likely very bad] video of it.

So yeah, I'm not saying it's space aliens or anything but it did leave me kind of speechless and I was wondering if anyone could have any idea of what it was?

Cheers.

I wont definately rule out Chinese Lanterns as I'm the biggest skeptic there is, but I will admit I was kind of speechless when I saw what I saw. It seemed to my eyes to be much higher than any planes that pass over, yet it was much bigger and moving really fast. I just wish I got my phone out in time to video it before it disappeared, I'm sure someone could've made me feel better by confirming it was a chinese lantern.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
South Liverpool here. Passed a pub about 9ish to see several people standing outside looking upwards. Upon asking what they were looking at i was informed that a couple of fellas had seen two bright orange pulsating lights floating across the sky.

I believe they may be lanterns of some sort, although i have been sitting here with my eyes glued to the sky for the last 4 hours!!!!

Winc)-(

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
They certainly look light Chinese Lanterns to me,
you get lots of them around here.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
South Liverpool born and bred here.

Interesting how some were seen at opposite ends of the city within half an hour or so of each other.

I wonder if it will make the Echo tomorrow - gonna keep my eyes peeled.

What pub were people looking outside at?

Trying to get some bearings here.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Rose of Mossley.....

The way they seem to just disappear has me pondering the notion that they are just lanterns.

Winc)-(

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Winchester_La

Rose Lane?

I'm still thinking laterns though. Perhaps set off from different places?

Shame I wasn't at my mum and dad's tonight.

Bloomin' typical...Got the works video camera in my car boot too...

Always the way, ain't it?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ive never seen chinese lanterns in the sky in Liverpool before, but I suppose there is a first time for everything.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jem1999

Neither have I to be honest with you...

It seems to be the most rational explanation though.

Pete seems to have lost interest in it, but I hope Roy Basnett may take it a little further!

Fingers crossed - I need closure - I'm sure you do as well.

Peace,

MGGG

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join