It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange lights over Liverpool UK, now. Can anyone confirm?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Aye, Rose Lane. I have my camera at the ready as i have for the past several hours. From what people have said about their movements though, it is not indicative of what a lanterns flight path would be.
A video would be useful if one surfaces in the next few days.

Winc)-(

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Anyone know if any Oriental or Chinese holidays are occurring around now?
That could be an indicator as to purpose of the lanterns if they are.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Winchester_La

I think at this point that we can't rule out lanterns being released from different areas. I'm thinking Croxteth Park at one end, Calderstones at the other.

Would be a good way of pulling off a hoax if you were so inclined, don't you think?

I'm so not a debunker, but this is really my gut instinct here- I'm definitely gonna get the echo and check their website tomorrow though.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Interesting point.

I don't know, but I do know that we have one of the biggest Chinese populations and Chinatown areas in the county...

I'll check now.

edit: seems there was some kind of lantern festival on march 8th...

[edit on 15-3-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester_La
Aye, Rose Lane. I have my camera at the ready as i have for the past several hours. From what people have said about their movements though, it is not indicative of what a lanterns flight path would be.
A video would be useful if one surfaces in the next few days.

I really don't know what to think about the fact that we've seen them all over the city through most of the evening. Aigburth, Allerton, Croxteth from what we've seen here, that's quite a spread.

I was literally seconds away from getting video, gutted I didn't. I'd have loved an explanation either way. I've never seen anything like that over our skies before, that's why my jaw was just dropped for a few moments when I should've been reacting instantly and getting video.

If anyone can figure out directions I can say it was probably moving parallel with the Mersey, I'm close to Lark Lane and it was moving from that end to Garston way.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You will have to forgive me Im really bad at directions, Im in Norris green and it was moving toward liverpool town centrehat direction.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jem1999

So it could have been the same thing.

It's been a really interesting night in my opinion and I hope some more info comes out on this tomorrow so that we can start correlate some more info.

Really appreciate your input here Jem - most useful.

Did any of your neighbours manage to get any pics or anything, do you know?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I dont know but I will find out tomorrow. If they have I will put them on here. I will deffo be back on tomorrow to see if there is anymore on this subject. Im struggling to log off because I am so interested.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't think that anything else is going to come out on this tonight so get some sleep - you're not an ATS addict yet...

There's plenty of time for all nighters yet...

Try to give us an update tomorrow, even if it's only to say that no-one got anything.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jem1999
I dont know but I will find out tomorrow. If they have I will put them on here. I will deffo be back on tomorrow to see if there is anymore on this subject. Im struggling to log off because I am so interested.

Ha ain't that the truth, I'm going to regret the four hours of sleep I get tonight. Oh well, I'm sure the mystery can wait til tomorrow. Goodnight all.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
And I'm calling it a night soon too - after another beer of course...

I've got a really important day at work to prepare for tomorrow and haven't done any of it because of this...Oh well, 3 hours of sleep it is, again...

I'm gutted that I never got a call back from Pricey though.

Well, at least we've had a real interesting evening and hopefully we can get some more stuff on this together tomorrow.

Thank you one and all for you participation on this thread - SO FAR!!!!!

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A hovering Orange Light? We see the same thing every year at Swansea during guy fawks night. Its not a firework. The fireworks go off in the stadium while everyones on the beach watching them. This orange light just hovers in from the sea. The opposite direction of the fireworks and just flys right over the crowds and up over mumbles.

The thing is. Its not a blinking light. It was silent. No way was it a blimp or a remote balloon camera. Helicopter or a plane. It hovered about 50 meters up in the air. Did it say how high this light was? could be the same kind of object.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Probably some of those Chinese lanterns, people have been senting them off a lot lately.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Just jumping in quickly to throw a couple of links into the hat, of Chinese lanterns;

number 1
number 2
number 3
number 4 (my fav nice song=D)

If you had a lantern festival on the 8th, id say its a fairly good bet that lanterns is what it was. Either way, try and get hold of as much as you can

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm in Mossley Hill , just down the road from The Rose of Mossley.

I saw these in Jan 2008.

When they came over ( about 100 !) others started appearing and disappearing above me. THEY DID NOT DRIFT IN ALREADY LIT.

If someone could explain how Lanterns can do that I would quite happy say they are all lanterns BUT I do believe there is more to some of these reports than a lot of people think.

Now I'm not saying that what was seen last night was not chinese lanterns - I don't know - I did not see them myself , but what I saw back in January Were NOT lanterns.

Here is a close up pic of one of them from last year - it should look like an orange sphere but it came out blue with what looks like someone sitting inside it !!

I'll be outside tonight with camera - watching & waiting.

This is from PA in USA a few days after my Liverpool sighting but it is identical to how these things turned on and off and the best way to describe what my son and I saw.

and remember the sighting in Sefton Park a few weeks later ..

Keep watching

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Regarding lanterns ..

I'd also like to point out that I had a go at making a lantern last year ( the ones you buy are almost tube shaped - like big bin bags , but I needed a spherical one for my experiment )

I make and fly RC planes and construction of a lantern is not as easy as you might think, and to make a quantity is almost an impossibility unless you set up a production line.

They need to be perfectly balanced to get them to rise and you need it to be warm with rising air currents.

Liverpool yesterday was still pretty cold and we have been having quite gusty winds - not a time in my opinion to try lighting one of these things.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wowowowowowowow!!!

I live about halfway between Liverpool and Manchester.

At about 7/half past I was on top of a hill near my house, where you can see both cities. I think both are about 20 miles in a straight line to the city centre (Liverpool maybe slightly close)

And at that time, I kept seeing lights above Manchester. Not planes, see them all the time. I spend a lot of time on that hill watching the sky.

They were all various shades of orange, and all disappeared randomly in the sky.
Solid 'dots' from my viewing angle. Looked to be going fairly slowly as well, but then again Manchester has a large Chinese community too.

Is there a Chinese Holiday ongoing?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
Regarding the location.

It is Norris Green.

North Liverpool.

Still no idea on direction though.

Yikes! If it's Nogsy, it could be anything
Burning house, car fire, fireworks? Liverpool's my favourite city, but Norris Green is as rough as it comes. If it's a UFO, no wonder they won't land. The Police don't land either

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Regarding lanterns ..
I make and fly RC planes and construction of a lantern is not as easy as you might think, and to make a quantity is almost an impossibility unless you set up a production line.

That's basically how these things are made, a hand-made production line. The proper term for them is Sky Lanterns. Chinese lanterns are what they use for pathway lighting, not aerial celebrations.

Most sky lanterns come from eBay. Sky Lanterns

They are selling like hot cakes in Europe and the UK. It's got nothing to do with Chinese culture or Chinese communities. Everybody's letting them off because they're new and interesting, especiallyfor celebrations.

They need to be perfectly balanced to get them to rise and you need it to be warm with rising air currents.

They don't need warm air, they make their own. The best conditions are a cold atmosphere when the air is denser. The flaming lantern then fills with very hot, less dense air, so it rises very quickly and very high.

Liverpool yesterday was still pretty cold and we have been having quite gusty winds - not a time in my opinion to try lighting one of these things.

I agree. You should never launch these things in a stiff breeze they could go places you don't want them to, and often do, believe me. Here's some photos of the first (and last) lantern session I ws involved with. It can be a hairy experience when things don't quite go to plan!

WG3

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Its just John Lennon & George Harrison comin round for a chat, aren't they lovely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join