It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
After studying on the 'Big Rip' notion for some time (I don't like making snap judgments about stuff that might end the universe!), I've come to an understanding about it, I think.

'Dark Energy' seems to be another force in the universe (or maybe a multiverse) similar to, but not the same as, gravity. It looks like it might be a form of 'anti-gravity', since it seeks to fling apart what gravity holds together. Like gravity, it is present everywhere at once, sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker, similar to the way gravity is stronger near a mass, and becomes weaker the further away you get from the mass.

The 'Big Rip' seems to refer not to an actual rupture in one area of space, but more to the notion that, as the universe expands, everything in it also expands, form Galaxy groups right down to sub-atomic particles. It refers, apparently, to the 'ripping' apart of matter itself, everywhere, on a sub-atomic level. Gravity seeks to collapse matter, dark energy seeks to infinitely expand matter. A balancing force, if you will. Most theories I've come across involve one of these forces or the other gaining the upper hand, and 'overruling' the other. So, when the big rip comes, everything, fron galaxies to atoms will finally fly apart, everywhere at once.

Am I making any sense, of should I just take a powder and go back to sleep? Did anyone else get this read from the material?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We have two openings for the Admirals. They will control the final discussion for the Tribunal.

Rear Admiral Johnathan “Hellacious” Hollingsworth III- ????

Admiral Stevenson- ????

Admiral James Gordon- Studious

Scroll down to Interferometric Detectors

I really like the idea of Gravity waves because I had heard of attempts to discover them.

However, the strange noise I mention has nothing to do with the Gravity Waves.

The LIGO 2 labs are being installed at the LIGO laboratories to replace the old detectors. Though they are not done yet estimates show they will be finished installing by 2014. Since this is set in 2320 I think they installed it by now.

Source:

Originally posted by mf_luder
I'm going to say 2320 for the year.

Major EDIT:

Originally posted by nenothtu
Am I making any sense, of should I just take a powder and go back to sleep? Did anyone else get this read from the material?

You are making perfect sense.

This video shows planets and stars ripping apart. Your right it's not a tear in space that continues to expand rather this theory is that everything just suddenly "blows up."

Gravity would still exist but the force pulling things apart would be stronger than gravity causing everything to rip apart. It may look as if gravity had reversed.

0:00-0:55 Talks about the Big rip. With graphics that illustrate what the "Big Rip" event would look like.

As you can tell I really like History Channel's "The Universe." I apologize if I keep posting videos from it so often.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Studious]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Ahh yes, gravity waves. As waves on the sea tend to toss flotsam about, what would keep gravity waves from tossing matter about? Now gravity is THE weakest atomic force discovered so far, even weaker than the 'weak atomic force', yet it holds the entire universe together. What if a gravity wave came along that was JUST strong enough to 'nudge' Lord Dark Energy in the wrong direction? Would that begin to precipitate the acceleration of the big rip?

[edit on 2009/4/6 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Silo thanks for the U2U, we are considering having Silo work in the bar with me, she likes the pretsels.
I want to meet with or talk to Loam and Antar. I want to tell them why I am on the ship, regarding Cadbury and all.

Agreed masqua - I know for me, I change my mind often lol so female. If anyone is interested we could still get togeather for bonding etc. I've been there like once...if we go storming in talking full force about the opera, other peeps would be like wtf lol

Okies - as if loam doesn't have enough to do....I think a meeting of senior staff (this would include all active writing characters - even bringing in Silo for everyone to meet) would be beneficial so we all formally meet.

Also, he may have specific assignments for all of us... After all the activites on the ship just that one single day - whew. Also, he could make announcements regarding Captain Cadbury if only that he is Interex etc.

Just a suggestion loam
I know you are super busy.

Oooo, I haven't read the thread yet - I'm intrigued ::scampers away::

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by antar

Antar,

Hehehe - By the way Deez is the cutest thing I’ve seen in ages - wish I could have one*for real*... What a cutie-boots!

Deesz is based on my 10 year old son, and yes he is the cute-boots of all cutie boots!

When you say:

I would 'know' if he were alive!!! Right???

I can’t answer that only you can. I’m going by your posts when in one you say you’ve looked into *rumors* and all lead to your Father’s dead and in another you wonder if my telling you he’s alive is credible.
All I can think is since you’ve almost been killed a number of times now - maybe just maybe - there is some *block* on your deeply hidden memories? In such if you’re *probed* against your will - your mind would show you think your Father's dead - to save your life the information he’s alive’s been kept from you??? I don’t know, I’m just trying to figure some of this out. What do you think?

I am not suffering from some post tramatic syndrome nor taken to flights of fancy, I really did come to grips with my parents death over 150 years ago. What you proposed was just more of the unsubstanciated hearsay I have heard before so I did not take it too literally, that is unless you can prove otherwise. "IF" my Father was alive, then the BIG QUESTION for me would be, 'why' have I not sensed his presence?

But anyway, after reading your new post (smashing) he might be on in his secret lab! Maybe went there after he healed from the accident that killed your mother and his colleagues?

I doubt that as I have traveled many times to that location if for no other eason than to gather any possible evidence to make his conclusions a reality if his work could be useful for the BIg Rip.

I knew that his 'work' had the capacity to go in and reset or pull together the big rip.

Ok cool, so if he’s going to save everyone then he’s still a good guy and not working for the Dark Lord.

I do not know that and am completely open to his character being either working for the light or dark. I never intended him to 'save' anyone, yet his work has the capability to go either way.

Me, I’m just interested in claiming the Bounty on your Father...
Though the reason why isn’t quite what many might think... *wink*

Hehehe, ok, we will see.

Hope all is well with your Grandfather.

Thankyou, he is the strongest man alive, yet at 93 so vulnerable. I thank you for the love and light and he is doing a little better now.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We got to use this. New in todays news.

090404-chandra-nebula-02

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbc6817073e0.jpg[/atsimg]

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 6-4-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

What is it?

Edit to add: I like it.

[edit on 6/4/2009 by Scurvy]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

OMG! It's Lord Dark Energy itself, coming out of an explosion that's gonna KILL US ALL!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I dont recall some dying nebulae. In Yahoo news today sorry.

Edited to add the answer:

090404-chandra-nebula-02

Here is the article.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 6-4-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

OK that's just creepy!
Second line=

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It's a high-energy x-rays from a pulsar, PSR B1509-58. The picture was taken by the CHANDRA x-ray Observatory. The blue color is high-energy x-rays emanating from the nebula around the pulsar.

They saw a hand, I initially saw a super-ghost, but I can see how the 'hand' visualization matrixes out of it. Distance 17,000 Light years, width of view 150 Light years.

Definitely creepy. Not something I'd want to run into in a dark alley between galaxies. Not just because it's spooky, but also because I think high-energy x-rays can ruin your whole day.

[edit on 2009/4/6 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Matrixing is SO fun!

Thanks for the details and to CM for providing this awesome pic!

Neat-O

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Love the findings on Dark matter/energy. Yet I still like to see the total picture, that the Universe is alive, and if it is alive it is evolving, expanding or ripping apart which is what we all do.

So how do we both facilitate the expansion which must be the next step or evolution for our entire Universe and at the same time protect that which has evolved and ascended, become enlightened for billions of years?

We have to decide which dimension we are existing in. We know that the u-mans are living in the 3rd and passing into the 4-5th right now, so in 1000 years from now they will have passed from the 4-5th into the 6-7th densities. So the U-mans being the lower sentient beings of this space opera, are actually much more evolved than the Humans of today in 2009.

Could someone produce some information about the higher densities and the physics of those dimensions as well as projections of what we know about higher dimensions?

CM mentioned that Science is her religion, or that religion is science. I think we could expound on that a bit. Which branch of science?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

That pic is incredible!
Gives me pause to think on many different levels.
Beautiful and creepy in one.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ok, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I'd mentioned maybe your memories were being *blocked* to keep you safe - but again, only an idea and possibly one that doesn't fit your character.
Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out if you want your Father to be brought back as alive, or not.
I’ll table it for now and see what happens as we go.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just a brief note:

I'm not sure if you would consider this to be off topic or not but I figure that this is the best way to get the news out.

To be brief, I'm gonna be a little bit sporadic over the next few days as far as posting and doing work. My housemate (Kathy) is going to be having her son move into the house tomorrow. It was going to be Saturday but he decided to move in tomorrow instead so things are going to be a trifle insane here.

Things should settle down (hopefully) relatively soon. My apologies on this.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Goodmorning friends!

Grandpa ended up with a flare-up of his Rhumatism, as well as the flu, wheuu! I was out in town at their home until almost midnight last night then got home and couldnt sleep. Did manage a few between 4am and time to get the kids off to school...

So I wont be posting today, but I do look forward to meeting up with Scurvy and Whisper at the Aquarium.

If you guys jump ahead, we stand in silent awe at the majestic whales and their connectivity to the great whales rescued so long ago on earth from the days of Atlantis.

They are much more evolved now and were living in the area of the Pleadies when skyfloating resuced them as that entire section has been under intense gamma ray burst from their sun which is unstable right now due to the big rip.

I will bounce off you guys as soon as I can keep a coherent thought process to write this next post.

Wondering if we are going to go ahead and call a meeting on the bridge for the official announcement of the mission, and to introduce one another as well as clear up any questions reguarding Captain Cadbury?

Who ever starts it, should be ICLoam, can set the scene with all characters standing around in clusters quietly talking in groups, this way we can all be there but if someone is not posting it will be natural to the flow.

Talk laters. Gotta go back and check on Grandpa, he is doing much better today I heard from Grandma... Keep us in your light please.

Edit to say, if you go to my media I have several pictures anyone can use for the aquarium scenes. I had a bunch more on the other comp... but oh well some of them are very cool and look like Atlantis to me...

[edit on 7-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am totally open to however this story line moves itself, so either way it is really fine with me.

What is important to me is to have the technological ability to have what we would term as thinking robots, that can go into situations were living beings cannot such as work on a sun or an atmosphere that is toxic. These 'bionans' are capable of thinking and making decisions just like anyone else, only they have the ability to rebuild on the spot as well as many other great features.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

antar GF take care of your family....and yourself. Sounds as if you are running yourself ragged!! Positive energy heading your way. That's a lot on your plate.

Regards to the staff meeting: I still think this is a very good idea. Just so all of us can formally meet. Perhaps loam could give us an idea of our mission which still seems cloudy to me (meaning I know where this is headed but Whisper is unsure.) As well as any additional info he may have. That said, I'd still like to wait to hear from loam and have him announce the Sr. Staff meeting (just meaning ALL of us writers) I hope our readers infer we have all have staff underneath us....I think I'll be trying to add in some NPCs to make this clear. Just worried readers may mistake them for new writing characters....perhaps put my staff names in a different uniform color when addressing them? Suggestions on this would be welcome.

I'll probably be posting to main thread tonight, in the wee hours of the morning. I so hope I've got this pic manipulation down :blush:
And yes sorry, Slayer - thanks for your help in this regard too - I didn't mean to leave you out.
Slayer! Your advice was most helpful!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

AAAHHH

I know how you feel my present GF has a teenage son who loves to play on my Beast of a machine I built for playing PC games and I have to shoo him away at least once a day.

Yeah it's going to be fun
enjoy buddy

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join