It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hey man, if you guys are making a map feel free to exceed my "100 ly" original estimate of the UEF, I can always alter the info in the guide to accomodate.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Welcome Duggan, look forward to serving with you.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Sorry guys if I seem quieter than normal. I am trying to visit a ton of people while on leave. I will have a new post up soon with luder's actions.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Hey man, if you guys are making a map feel free to exceed my "100 ly" original estimate of the UEF, I can always alter the info in the guide to accomodate.

In the map I linked to, both boundaries are set at 500 ly, but that's still subject to editing before I make the final one. In particular, I still need information on the Regellian boundaries, the name of their political entity(for the label) and center.

A 100 ly boundary will give the Federation more pretty stars, but fewer other things, like pulsars (0), open clusters (2), nebulae (0), etc.

More importantly, Captain, the Ophiuchians are coming! and we're all gonna DIE!

[edit on 2009/4/5 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

And then there are the possibilities of you, being the only one with a 'personal' relationship with Ship, being a 'go-between' for the crew-Ship relations... say, for instance, in some as yet unthought of crisis... quite a shock to the crew, not realizing that Ship was sentinent, eh?

Yeah I'm up for that no problem - sounds great in fact...
Could lead to some misunderstanding and funny dialogs later.
Great idea - thanks!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Another question...carpet? Is carpet, as in wall to wall carpet, part of "Ship"? ...I am going to have reread the story a few more times, me thinks.

Carpet came to me from post one when I read Ship is alive, and, I didn't have anyone to talk to (while in hiding as a Stowaway).

Carpet is what you said, a rug - wall to wall - A Milli-Being (million part Being) but it doesn’t go everywhere in Ship (like the command room).

I didn't realize Carpet would end up being a *friend* but sometimes these things take on a life of their own.

I regret I didn't make it clearer in my first posts.
If I was doing my job right you shouldn't have to re-read anything.

I'm a real new study at what we're doing here so please forgive me when I have something clear in my head but fail to make it clear to readers.
I'll try harder.

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I'm a real new study at what we're doing here so please forgive me when I have something clear in my head but fail to make it clear to readers.
I'll try harder.

You're doing exceptionally well. I Love reading your posts and Carpet is nothing less than a brilliant idea.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I'll try harder.

You're doing exceptionally well. I Love reading your posts and Carpet is nothing less than a brilliant idea.

I was not at all criticizing. Merely showing interest, check your post you have 6 stars on almost all of them. I told you how much that I enjoyed your character and your post.
If I were reading Harry Potter and I could go and ask JK Rowlings a question, I would take advantage of that. I do need to reread the entire story for facts and details pertaining to the other characters.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just checking in here first and then off to the thread, ah the Yydryl...

Also wanted to extend a warm welcome to our newest collaborative member Duggan. Look forward to reading you.

And also if noone wants to take me up on the last post I made then I will instead move along. I suppose it could be the ship contacting me about having fallen in love with Silo....

Edit to add, that yesterday at the hardware store the first man came and rang up my order and the cashregister rang out all wrong. I then came back up with some more purchases for my Grandpa and another person had taken over the register, and when he wrang me up the register went haywire... Energy... Yet I am exhaused and been sleeping irregular hours for me and the reason I have not been on much for the past 4 days or so.

Irregular for me? Going to bed by 10:30 pm and getting up at 10:30- 11ish am. I usually sleep when Im tired and get up before ive had enough rest, like up till 2am and back up by 630- 830am.

A bit off topic I know but weird excuses for not being here more. Something is wrong about this whole collaboration, I am very into it... I mean it overrides breaking news, the only thing that taht takes presidence is my U2u system and media messages, both which are minimal anymore.

I try to scout the forums at least once or twice a day, but am like an Yydryl groupie or something!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I was not at all criticizing. Merely showing interest, check your post you have 6 stars on almost all of them. I told you how much that I enjoyed your character and your post.

Hi Hi Cindymars - I didn't take it you're being critical
and I thank you and Masqua among others for your feedback. Really, thank you again for taking the time to let me know your opinions. Everyone's feedback makes for the best *teachers*. So when I say I want to try harder I mean that in a positive way, from positive feedback.

Any word on what Loam has cooked up for us?

Thanks again, and, I’m looking forward to *meeting* your character in the S.O.

Have a great day!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Now my Father may have actually gone rogue, his work if he is still alive could hold the key to repairing the big rip as he 'could' send in his bionanobots to do the job, however his agenda may be geared more towards the Dark Lords plans for the Universe... poor Antar if thats the case.

Hi Antar

I’ve been reading with great interest your posts about your *Sparking* (your electric personality).
Honestly I wish you’d open up a whole thread about this.
I’d really like to hear more about it - but I’m afraid of asking here, lol - I don’t want to loose writer status by getting a *off topic* warning - Please think about opening a thread - I’d love to participate in it and ask you tons of questions.

Concerning your Father.
First, I need a name to use please... I feel it’s your call what his characters name will be.

Then somehow we have to *convince* you that he’s alive and in hiding - whether voluntary or involuntary is another question.

I get the feeling he was hurt in the tragedy that killed your Mother and then was taken by the M.S Nuns to recover and hide (that way we can help tie in Loams M.S line).

Once he recovered - what did your Father do?
Did bitterness *turn* him freaky rogue? Or was he damaged somehow? Or is he fighting even harder for his lifelong cause of peace?

You’d stated in another post your Father was going to be the one to save everyone from the Big Rip and I agree this is a great idea - but you, we, someone needs to clear up a few questions first.

I’ll check in later to see if you’ve gotten this - I’m in and out of here on and off all day too! The only problem I have is being on such a different time zone I don’t always get to to catch up with you ll in live time so my posts tend to seem tardy.

Have a great day!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh antar, I hear you loud and clear my friend. Although as of late I haven't posted in the working thread as often as I had....I eat, sleep, walk, talk the opera. It should be said I am (or rather was) a total news hound. Hence my original motives for joining ATS and dropping my opinion on threads accordingly lol not anymore. What news? There is news? I barely caught much of the G20. My sleeping schedule is beyond erratic.

I just read an interesting article that relates a bit of what you are expereincing. Many of the great writers in history have felt that they were totally infludenced by the 'spirt' world. That the words were almost spoken to them. Something greater at work. Perhaps when we truly tap into that creative nature, a real alternative universe or diminsion is speaking through us.

A question: is the ship and carpet both separate living entities or part of the same?

A suggestion: Perhaps if we could all be here at the same time, set a date and time, we could all go into chat to throw around some real time ideas and have a bit of bonding lol Does everyone have enough posts to enter chat? Wouldn't want to exclude anyone.

Also, for something different for the readers, and again if we could all be here within a few hours of each other - it could be cool for loam to have a staff meeting - where we don't make long posts but attempt to reply in almost real time to his questions and direction. This would take some planning but, could be fun.

antar - I know Scurvy just want to the RB and when Whisper wakes up, she'll be heading there too to drop off her reamaining bottles and jerky
Maybe she should have an IV drip to clean out her system of the toxins and poisions lol

For myself, I'm going to be developing some NPC for my team to interact with as well. I can't patrol the ship all by myself

Ugh, I've now got what my daughter had so I'm off to a very nice nap *all by myself* I plan on taking up the entire bed as the little one has been co-sleeping leaving me, the husband, along with a lil doggie and a kitty (Luci Fur lol ) a little sliver of bed. I bought fell out onto the floor last night.

Hope you all have a wonderfull day! :waves:

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I’d really like to hear more about it - but I’m afraid of asking here, lol - I don’t want to loose writer status by getting a *off topic* warning

You won't lose writer status, silo.

Real life issues and collaboration efforts like this always get mixed up together and we should discuss how jobs, children and Luci-fur (great cat name
) can affect your ability to post to the main thread in a timely manner.

Everyone is taking a breather right now and that's good too. It is, after all, mostly for our enjoyment even though I've tossed in a bit of study to make it more 'interesting'.

For the record, I doubt anyone looking would find more than a couple of posts in the entire working thread that could be considered Off Topic, so please don't worry about it.

As for U2U's; sure, they ARE a good way to help organize. I've gotten dozens of them related to the opera and I always answer as quick as I can.

Chat is good too, but I find it harder as a medium simply because there's less time to type up a considered response. But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by antar

Now my Father may have actually gone rogue, his work if he is still alive could hold the key to repairing the big rip as he 'could' send in his bionanobots to do the job, however his agenda may be geared more towards the Dark Lords plans for the Universe... poor Antar if thats the case.

Hi Antar

I’ve been reading with great interest your posts about your *Sparking* (your electric personality).
Honestly I wish you’d open up a whole thread about this.
I’d really like to hear more about it - but I’m afraid of asking here, lol - I don’t want to loose writer status by getting a *off topic* warning - Please think about opening a thread - I’d love to participate in it and ask you tons of questions.

The reason I bring it here is because of my other odd comments about "what if we are creating an alternate reality some place else in some other unknown Universe?"

Concerning your Father.
First, I need a name to use please... I feel it’s your call what his characters name will be.

His name is Darylgenizemuzatath, but he was known as Commander Z. Commander Z because in his younger days he was the Commander on the greatest Starship in our Galaxy. His findings lead to his knowledge of the use of combining nano technology with biological DNA to create the abilty to go into places that no living being alone could go.

Forinstance he was working on being able to send these biodriods into infected or even dying planets to take samples and heal the populous as well as drill into dying planets to restore the balance of their inner core and return the surface into a living habitat once more for its species.

The Dark Lord did not want this technology because they have been working on killing off many of the Universal planetoids and their species so as to bring the numbers down significantly. They also discovered the Big Rip and decided that it would bring the entire Universe into Dark energy if it did complete its cycle. The light beings assured the Scientists working on this anomoly that it would not bring a Dark imbalance to the Universe but instead kill every living being, star, planet and sun and moon,and thus begin the new era of a Dark Universe which negates all life and light energy. A living growing hell of eternity if you will. And since energy never really dies, only changes form then the billions of years of light evolution would be torn apart and thrown into the darkness.

Then somehow we have to *convince* you that he’s alive and in hiding - whether voluntary or involuntary is another question.

I would 'know' if he were alive!!! Right???

I get the feeling he was hurt in the tragedy that killed your Mother and then was taken by the M.S Nuns to recover and hide (that way we can help tie in Loams M.S line).
really?

Once he recovered - what did your Father do?
Did bitterness *turn* him freaky rogue? Or was he damaged somehow? Or is he fighting even harder for his lifelong cause of peace?

So did he continue his work as a light worker or was he somehow swayed over to the Dark Lords cause?

You’d stated in another post your Father was going to be the one to save everyone from the Big Rip and I agree this is a great idea - but you, we, someone needs to clear up a few questions first.

I knew that his 'work' had the capacity to go in and reset or pull together the big rip.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

For the record, I doubt anyone looking would find more than a couple of posts in the entire working thread that could be considered Off Topic, so please don't worry about it.

Thank you for this clarification - I can quit holding my breath and relax a bit then.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Hi Whisper - oh I hope you feel better after your nap...

A question: is the ship and carpet both separate living entities or part of the same?

Carpet is most definitely a part of Ship but not Ship.
Ship I'm *reporting to* at the moment, and, since reading Cindymars post about another *live Ship* I'm following her lead and keeping Ship something that I talk to and never *force* on anyone else or write them into a possession they have to choose or interact on something I've started.

You’re idea of having a meeting here in real time for everyone is smashing.
Let me know when and I’ll set my alarm if I have to!

I hope we *meet* in Story soon Whisper!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, you CAN relax, silo.

The character you've built up in the opera is both entertaining and thoughtful. How you came to be in 'Ship' as a stowaway, your friend 'carpet' and the exceptional abilities of your character provides an important facet of the Yydryl. If anything, you are to be commended for your ample creative talents.

I'm glad you're no longer a stowaway since Interrex Captain loam discovered you.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well I am off to go take care of my Grandpa, send lots of healing light everyone, please.
Be back later, and Scurvy, how was that? I liked the part where when scanning you, we have our moment as I scan your heart region...
Also note how I attempted to incorporate MS into your characters purpose...
And yes, we are going with what we discussed via u2u... I think it will work out well and be a little surprise for our fellow collaborators, especially one...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar,
What a stand up awesome new post from you - woohoo!
I love seeing things tie together like they do and you’ve wrapped that one quite nicely and with some great extras.
Hehehe - By the way Deez is the cutest thing I’ve seen in ages - wish I could have one*for real*... What a cutie-boots!

I’m glad the posting off-but-on-topic thing is cleared up.
If it’s not glaringly obvious I’m paranoid of doing something wrong here - guess what - I was paranoid of doing something wrong here.

Thank you for filling in more info about your Father. It helps to round out some of the angles of the story in my head.

When you say:

I would 'know' if he were alive!!! Right???

I can’t answer that only you can. I’m going by your posts when in one you say you’ve looked into *rumors* and all lead to your Father’s dead and in another you wonder if my telling you he’s alive is credible.
All I can think is since you’ve almost been killed a number of times now - maybe just maybe - there is some *block* on your deeply hidden memories? In such if you’re *probed* against your will - your mind would show you think your Father's dead - to save your life the information he’s alive’s been kept from you??? I don’t know, I’m just trying to figure some of this out. What do you think?

To answer your next question/statement - Yes, something tells me your Father’s been hidden or is with the M.S Nuns (especially since on just visited C. Loam) but this may never come into the story line (though it would tie in nice - and he has to be somewhere)?
But anyway, after reading your new post (smashing) he might be on in his secret lab! Maybe went there after he healed from the accident that killed your mother and his colleagues?

I knew that his 'work' had the capacity to go in and reset or pull together the big rip.

Ok cool, so if he’s going to save everyone then he’s still a good guy and not working for the Dark Lord.
How he’s going to do it I can’t wait to hear...
Thank goodness this isn’t a paperback or I just might cheat and read the last page!

Me, I’m just interested in claiming the Bounty on your Father...
Though the reason why isn’t quite what many might think... *wink*

EDIT: I just read your post (the one above me).
I loved the part where you scanned Scurvy's heart.
(Did you see Whisper there???)???
That was great!
Hope all is well with your Grandfather.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Good morning all.

Silo thanks for the U2U, we are considering having Silo work in the bar with me, she likes the pretsels.
I want to meet with or talk to Loam and Antar. I want to tell them why I am on the ship, regarding Cadbury and all.

I have not gotten to the main thread yet to catch up but cant wait to read the new post.

Happy day all!

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join