It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Great idea but forget the color name thing from me. I am lucky that I can do pics and the tag thingy.

WHERE THE HECK IS CADBURY and is he coming at all?

Looking forward to your post Whispy! That is my nickname for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Whispy :blush and giggle: Her tentacles are whispy as the a teather in space...a musing of Scurvy? lol

You don't have to use it but in loams awesome BBC code thread he taught me it is as simple as typing

[ color=insert a color here] text

So I suppose I could just address them as such 'seeing my staff member Moloch in the hall' blah blah You think that would keep confusion at bay?

I'm looking forward to story moving along. ::eyes the Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor to contact the Dark Lord: Hmmm....

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Man, the main thread has slowed down quite a bit. I think I'm addicted, cause' I'm feeling some withdrawal symptoms...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'll have a new thread post up soon. Almost time to begin battle preparations.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I think our Chief engineer is all rested I've had him asleep for days

Looking forward to working with the rest of the crew

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hey, I have been off ATS for over a week, at this point, I am not sure I will be able to catch up. There are some things going on now, where I don't believe I will be able to give the time the story deserves.

Sorry, about my MIA - I have not read any postings from here or the story at this time. I just got on and wanted to give my apologies.

So, I need to be taken out.... the bogey men come and get me.... or something.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Sorry to hear that QA. I hope things work out for you.

I'll leave it to the others to figure out your departure in the main thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So sorry to see you go.

I really enjoyed the creativness you added to the story.

Take care you - see you on the boards....if I ever get back there myself lol

*hugs*

Crewmates I sure hope we don't *have* to kill off QA. Let's brainstorm on this - perhaps she could be sent out on a scouting mission; after having her wires removed the vibration of the Yydryl was so low she ascended to higher dimension, endless possibilities. I'm sure if Whisper knew, she'd be mortified QA was accosted and I just hope nothing nefarious has to happen to such a gentle creature.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
For our soon to be friends of the SS Penlope:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Qa you already know how much I love you. You best be leaving 'only' the space opera... I love your work on the forum and open your threads first upon seeing them.

BUT!!! Lets give you some kind of really great death! Think of something very creative for your demise...

Anyway, your character will be missed.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
How about sending QA on a mission to contact the Yydryl? Her ambassadorial vessel is met with a deadly attack from the Rigellian ship, destroying it and its crew (including QA) but not before the message is relayed.

The message is the common threat facing both crews from the Ophiuchus Consortium.

The result being that:

1) QA gets an honourable 'out'

2) the Yydryl and the Penelope finally have a common purpose- to fight the Consortium.

Just a thought.

[edit on 8/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks everyone!

I will be happy to do the write out myself... just let me know how you want it done, for the story to go forward in a way you want it to.

My last contribution to your wonderful story.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Sounds like a good idea to me, Qa are you open to that? You will be sending the message out through QA to the Yydryl and Theresa to the Penlope...
Works well for me I have been looking forward to eating, um meeting the U-mans...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I *really* like this idea for QA as well. I'm ready to get the party started and have our ships hook up. Antar, care to share a bucket of U-Man legs - extra crispy? Sure hope Whispers jerky comes out clean so she can curb the urge lol

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Originally posted by antar
For our soon to be friends of the SS Penlope:

Since you brought up Rocket man I thought I'd show this parody by William Shatner...

Shatner Performs Rocketman

With Qa Leaving who will I have a revenge vendetta against?

I guess I'll go after the shapeshifting handler guy.

Another point, does Theresa have a mind of her own? I know mf_luder and Qa mentioned this awhile ago. Will Theresa be unresponsive or will she regain control of herself?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Studious]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have not gone through the thread of postings over the last week.

What is the general theme you want done?

You want me to send a message out from a pod?

I can be in an escape pod, due to the fact I was threatened by the "rulers" that if I didn't straighten up and do all they wanted me to, they would destroy Yydryl. So I wanted to save everyone on board by leaving Yydryl, since they were after me, etc.

What is the message you want sent? For the 2 ships to meet up etc?

Again, let me know the general message, as I am not going to go through the whole thread right now.

I will make it as dramatic as possible.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

BOOO!

HISSS!

don't go don't go don't go!

we'll miss you

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by questioningall

BOOO!

HISSS!

don't go don't go don't go!

we'll miss you

I second this motion.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
One thing I've learned over the past few years on ATS is that things coming up to affect posting regimes happen to members all the time.

We need to expect that and 'roll with it'. If QA feels a need to leave, then we need to respect that and move on.

My bet is that there'll be times when the opera idea seems to go dormant for weeks or even months too. It doesn't matter, because it will always be there waiting to be picked up again. The story never has to end, but it sure can take a breather.

Having QA's vessel blown up on an ambassadorial mission and presumed deceased in the main thread doesn't even mean it's final. Months can go by with her username in the honour roll at the bottom of the OP, but, you never know...

QA can come back anytime and tell her tale of survival.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Sorry to hear that QA. I hope things work out for you.

I'll leave it to the others to figure out your departure in the main thread.

A real bummer QA, I loved your character. Will miss you.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join