It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Chumley blundered in with a rainbow-coloured rug on his shoulder and the Mili-being
known as Carpet and the Regalian were deep in a discussion about Carpet's antics.
"But Chumley not your private-vehicle..." the green giant said as he stepped into the
room and the whole atmosphere changed from a calm feeling to a bustling place full of
waiting questions and struggling explanations.

Carpet slipped from Chumley's shoulder and rippled across the floor, BIAD lifted his
high-heels as he passed underneath his chair and without a word, took a place at the far-end
of the massive table.
Chumley nodded to Muckles as he sat beside her.

Carpet and his core left Ship - separated from Ship forever.
Carpet can't go back to being a Milli-Being even if he wanted to.
Until Carpet can change into a new U-man suit Carpet's stuck in the U-Man form of Neno.
'Milli' - the Milli-Being from CindyMars cabin - inhabits Ship now, not Carpet who's a Bi-Ped forever.

I'm all up for getting Carpet out of the U-Man/Neno suit and into a look that's uniquely his - but - unless you're going to cancel out Ship, Carpet and Silo's pretty extensive conversation(s) about Carpet leaving Ship for good (included in at least 3 past entries) I really don't see how we can write around this one.

Edit to Add: Don't change anything I'm fixing it now.
edit on 9-4-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ok all 'fixed'!

It's well established with no more lingering confusion Milli is 'in' Ship as the steward just as Carpet was before.

I reiterated in the story line Carpet is now a Bi-Ped never to return to Ship's halls unless he's walking them on two feet.

So! Carpet's off to get a change of Suit in the armory and please, leave Carpet's 'make over' to me - I've already started the post and should have it up a little later today.

Thanks!

Happy 'little Easter'!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

ROFLMAO!

Chumley sure gets drunk fast - must be that Regalian constitution of his! The big ol' boy just can't hold his liquor!

Why does Carpet have to be a biped? What would happen if he changed into a quadruped suit, like a pony or something?

Would that be like dividing by zero, and make the universe implode?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I gotta tell ya Neno that was one of the creepiest things I've ever done.

I stuck a few pics into Photoshop and basically let Carpet 'take over'. The results are what 'he' came up with - for himself. The nose, the hair thing. All of it.

Extremely creepy but cool sitting here turning the dials while Carpet made himself on my screen.

I kind of like him. Going to take some getting used to, but, I kind of like him.

Can't help but laugh when, after posting I read your post here in the working thread about the number of legs, like a pony. Oh yeah, it's in there, lol.

peace
edit on 9-4-2012 by silo13 because: pic

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Gulp!! Sorry Silo... I've become used to typing that phrase and
just got carried away.

My apologies and thank for fixing it.

EDIT: A PONY...?!!!

edit on 9-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dag and Muckles had a great talk, thanks, BIAD, for the set-up!!

Muckles has some things to say to Gert, too....is Neno still going to grill Gert soon? Guess we'll see.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No problem, and may I say that the piece you wrote was
lovely... a young-one going to an old-one for advice... priceless.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No problem - it ended up being a great jump into Carpet getting his new look - was only pointing it out for further reference and why I jumped in with a write-around.
Hope you had a great Easter.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Dag and Muckles had a great talk, thanks, BIAD, for the set-up!!

Muckles has some things to say to Gert, too....is Neno still going to grill Gert soon? Guess we'll see.

Nah, neno's going to curl up in a bunk on Starwolf and take a nap - She's the one point of contact with the life that was that he's got - for now.

Military carer - gone.

Home - gone.

Ghost Margot - just kinda creepy.

Cyborg Margo - brand new, not from the old life. No real continuity there.

Starwolf - the one point of contact with life before it got all weird. Remember - he had just met the Yydryl and her crew when the whole universe started going sideways.

He's gonna take a nap and sleep on it, because it's a long drive to the End of the Universe, so there's no need to loose sleep or be in a hurry.

Neno to Silo "Are we theeere yeeet? Pull over - I gotta potty!"

Silo to neno - * smacks him upside the head *

edit on 2012/4/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

No problem, and may I say that the piece you wrote was
lovely... a young-one going to an old-one for advice... priceless.

Yeah, it was - and the bit about "horny-moans... hormones... what the hell, they all goes together!" sounds just like MY granny! She was a plain-spoken old broad. Whatever was on her mind was what rolled off her tongue. Grouchy, too. I recall a time when we were wading across a river and my sister was acting up. Granny said "You'd best behave, or I'll duck ye an' hold yer head under a bit until ye see the light" My sister said "Yer old, and ye can't do it!" Granny was around 70 or so, might have weighed 90 pounds with a pocketful of change, and my sister was a teenager,all full of piss and vinegar.

That turned out to be the wrong reply, anyhow.
She learned that day that "old" doesn't necessarily mean "feeble", and she learned that "young" doesn't necessarily mean "I own the world and all that is in it." She also learned that you respect your elders - or they'll whoop your ass!

It was also an interesting post, given the inner workings of a peculiar sort of confusion laid bare. I've never rolled through that brand of confusion, and think it was a pretty good exposition for those of us still in the neanderthal stage of development as to the complexities which bump into each other in those types of situations.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Gee, well, thanks!! I hoped it was entertaining and also lent some 'humanity' to our beloved characters!!

(It's okay....it's usually women that engage in these sorts of 'WTF is going on with me?' kind of exploration....)

You want me to have Margo(t) torment you some more???

I'm looking forward to your interview with Gert....maybe we can do it together!!
Meanwhile, erm, get that Elvis Suit ready, neno.....
(hint hint)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Loved the post, loved the pic and more...the new...banner above the post. Has it taken me forever to see it or have you finalllllly climbed aboard?
*hugs* and a 'woohooohoooo'!

SO! Last we saw Adam he was in conference with BIAD about Neno's wounds. Now? Adam's in the Center with Silo and Pip. Tune in tomorrow for the rest of the story.

hehehe
edit on 10-4-2012 by silo13 because: yowza

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh Gosh! I don't know where that last posting in the story came from!

I just sat in front of the laptop and started typing....
I'm gonna have to have a long-hard talk with BIAD later!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, the banner has been waiting in the wings for a while!
Cheers for the 'whoops'

BIAD is going to take a bath, but I'm gonna feel his head for
'bumps' first.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

WildTimes -

When things go ‘wrong’ in the Opera? Write around it. Bring it to the other writer's attention in the working thread then go for it!

Remember the only thing we can’t do here? Kill someone off without permission from all the writers OR write for someone’s specific character if we’ve been asked specifically not to. ALL the NPC’s are up for grabs - again - unless someone specifically asks to have them remain ‘untouchable’.

So, when someone writes over a story line you have? Write around it. You’d be surprised how much better the story can move at times that way. I just found that out recently and I learned from it.

When someone misses or forgets something important about one of your NPC’s or writes them completely out of character? Write around it. Use your imagination.

Look what happened recently with Carpet? There was a little ‘oops’ - I waited for Carpet to ‘talk his way out of it’ and look what we got for the pains? A whole new Carpet ‘look’ (the strange hottie!) and the storyline further emphasized. Plus we found out Chumley can't hold his Carbiox! LOL!

Now there’s Adam.

We last saw Adam being led off by BIAD as Adam's ‘light-o-love’ walked off to talk to Muckles and this happening right on the tail of Dag griping about his toenails and missing a ‘date’.

Adam does what most men of character do - he goes for a walk.

Did Adam go to the Center knowing he was going to run into Silo? We don’t know.

Did that little moment of attraction between him and Silo make up his mind about his relationship with Dag? IT maybe seems so - but - on that long walk back to Ship Proper will he re-think his relationship with Dag? Will be decide to fight for her? Will he go back to being the brogue talking strong man of many men and take the bull by the horns? We don’t know.

When he gets back and tells Dag he met up with Silo what will she do? Will he even tell Dag he saw Silo? We don’t know.

If he does tell Dag will she rethink her own feelings, have a change of heart about Adam? We don’t know.

Will it allow her to get pissed at him and dump him? We don’t know.

There are so many story lines that can evolve from the last post involving Adam.

What there is NOT - is something that can’t be ‘written around’ and further explored in the storyline.

Go with it. Have fun. Don’t take it personal. Write around it.

In a word - collaboration.

edit on 11-4-2012 by silo13 because: eek!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Will do.
How in Hades did Adam get down there? He was going with BIAD....
I'll write a flash-back to get him there, it no one objects...

BIAD? Any ideas what happened?? How much time has gone by? There are some scenes missing here...

Adam going with BIAD
Adam deciding (or being told) 'they're through'.
Dag and Muckles in the bar.

No worries, may I please work up those missing scenes? won't be today though...I'll piece it together over the next day or so...at least part of it.
Of course, I am open to suggestions of what may have happened...

BIAD...did you go to neno? With or without Adam? What is your thought on what happened between the conference room and Adam being in the center?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by silo13

Will do.
How in Hades did Adam get down there? He was going with BIAD....
I'll write a flash-back to get him there, it no one objects...

My understanding is that he went for a walk to think things out and get his head straight. That usually results in an intensification of anger at first, and only after a few hours does any measure of calm get restored, after you've chased the bees, butteflies, and occasional wildebeest for a while.

BIAD? Any ideas what happened?? How much time has gone by? There are some scenes missing here...

After the confab, everyone broke up and went their own way. What we're seeing are individual scenes within the overall context of being aboard the Yydryl. The amount of time for each scene is more or less dependent on the scen, rather than the overall storyline, since everyone is off on their own errands. I'm not clear on where everything is, and it's a big boat, but I wouldn't imagine that it took Adam any longer to get to the Center than it took neno to get to the wrong hangar bay.

It's a bit disconcerting to have Adam find it right off, when neno had to go through a bunch of evolutionary tunnels to get tehre, but there it is, maybe Adam needs to be the Navigator!

No worries, may I please work up those missing scenes? won't be today though...I'll piece it together over the next day or so...at least part of it.

No objections from me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Where's 'down there'?

Everyone is on the Yydryl.

The 'Center' is just in the middle of the Yydryl.

There's no 'down there' lol - all you have to do is walk out the big doors and into the wilds beyond...
Meaning all Adam had to do was go for a walk...

Edit to add:

It's been covered many times in the storyline there's a few entrance(s) to the Center. From the flight bay, the armory and from Silo's personal rooms. The 'formal entry' is a pair a big arse doors that were only used in the begining.

Again, the CENTER is just that. The CENTER of the Yydryl. Yep, it's right smack dab there in the middle of the Yydryl. Huge it is. Mountains, valleys, streams (thanks to rerouting the water from the whale tanks and circulation of the Yydryl) - and even snow/rain to relieve the water pressure in the Yydryl when needed...

Anyway - there's NO 'missing scenes'. BIAD tugged Adam aside to get his interest off Dag/Muckles with an excuse about Neno. While Dag went to have her 'talk' - life for Adam moved on - right out into the Center for a nice long walk.

What needs work is Adam's reaction after leaving Silo.

edit on 11-4-2012 by silo13 because: bbc fix

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Where's 'down there'?

In the Center. Sorry. ... I think of it as being the 'nucleus' or the dead center of the ship....

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'm a mean old sonuvagun. I had neno have a conference with Adam in the center, too, but it was after he'd left Silo's cave, not before, so it ought not to mess up your prequel.

edit on 2012/4/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join