It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 331
<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Dag, V06:

Separated the eyes more (but not maxed out yet)

lowered the nose bridge (maxed out)

Dropped the corners of the mouth

lip color changed

I don't (yet) have any lavender irises, so I made the eyelashes lavender instead.

The "blue halo" around the hair is a function of making it a PNG with a transparent background, then resizing it in Irfanview, which has a blue background. The zone that wasnt yaller hair or blue background either one completely came out with flecks of blue.

Re-rendered to lose the blue halo:

edit on 2012/4/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hi,
You know... that latest image would be how Dag really is due to
the ordeals she's been through. It's a true-rendering.

Sorry for being offline -sort of, internet and TV changes!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Same here - I've been disconnecting and reconnecting the internet for 2 days now trying to get the phone fixed, since it works off the internet box. A good plan in theory - no wires outside to cut, since the internet comes over the air waves too, like a cell phone - but in practice it leaves something to be desired when my ISP starts shopping around for new service providers as THEIR ISP!

edit on 2012/4/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Heya!
Yup, I agree with BIAD, that's how she would have looked on her exit from the cave, and trying to get some shuteye next to Adam....
but now, rested and refreshed...wouldn't the little baggies under her eyes be more relaxed??
Otherwise, the face shape is right-on!

Funny...the VO6 hair is actually my color (albeit cartoonized ...but needs strands of silver added in...LOTS of them....not in patches, but throughout...

Okay, well, she's no spring chicken....and since you mentioned it...

surprisingly, Dag is going through a sort of hormone crisis...called menopause in U-mans....
which reveals my secret as to her treatment of Adam in bed....
and her symptoms of such are a conversation she is going to have with Mucklebones...and maybe Gert and/or Margo?

Not sure yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Heya!
Yup, I agree with BIAD, that's how she would have looked on her exit from the cave, and trying to get some shuteye next to Adam....
but now, rested and refreshed...wouldn't the little baggies under her eyes be more relaxed??
Otherwise, the face shape is right-on!

I've been trying to get rid of those bags, but haven't hit the right combination of gears and levers yet.

Funny...the VO6 hair is actually my color (albeit cartoonized ...but needs strands of silver added in...LOTS of them....not in patches, but throughout...

That hair is called "anime hair", and was originally made for an earlier generation of figure, which is why you have to "tinker" with it to get it to fit right. Now I need to search through a few gigabytes of data to find the picture it uses for "texture", and tinker with the picture to get the hair right, which may take a little while.

Okay, well, she's no spring chicken....and since you mentioned it...

surprisingly, Dag is going through a sort of hormone crisis...called menopause in U-mans....
which reveals my secret as to her treatment of Adam in bed....
and her symptoms of such are a conversation she is going to have with Mucklebones...and maybe Gert and/or Margo?

Not sure yet.

Oh gawd! I had to live through a menopause once, and I don't envy Adam! He'll be lucky if she doesn't try to kill him in a "hot flash" of inspiration!

I'm not sure what Margo would know on a gut level about menopause, being a biological machine, AKA "cyborg", but she may have some learned knowledge of it, as opposed to the experienced variety of knowledge.

I don't know what her biological age was when she was "cyborgized", converted to mostly machine in a nice fluffy perma-flesh wrapper, so I don't know if she experienced menopause or not.

While we're on the subject of "Margo", and in reference to your earlier confusion which I neglected to address, "Margot" is the "ghost" Margot, neno's former wife, who is now dead, and "Margo" is the "cyborg Margo", the remains of the "original" Margo merged with machinery to provide her a shot at "forever". Margot, the ghost one, was apparently a clone of some sort developed from some stray DNA kept in a lab for many, many, years,

Since they both have exactly the same DNA in their biological bits, but had separate lives, we can safely assume that they possess individual "souls", "spirits", "ghosts", or whatever you want to call the animating life force - similar to identical twins, they are separate people who happen to have exactly the same DNA makeup. How that affects the similarity of how they act and think is anyone's guess.

They look alike, and have the same DNA, but do they THINK alike and ACT alike? only time will tell...

I wonder if they have different thumb-prints?

ETA: I'm going to try to dial up Silo next. I'm not sure whether to start out from scratch with this new Genesis figure, or try to re-work the other Silo I had worked up, which I was never satisfied with. That one is based on one of the older figures, and I still have the settings file to recreate it and edit from there, but I may be better off to start out from scratch. The main obstacle to an entirely new creation is the purple hair - I don't think I've got any purple hair for this new figure.

"Neno" is on the frame of an older figure, too, and that is pretty well set in stone - I'm not about to try to re-create it on this new figure

BIAD is on an older figure, too - the ones I did earlier. I don't know if I even CAN re-create BIAD's face on this new figure, but might have to try, since I have yet to locate the old settings file. maybe this time, I can avoid the "Russian Wrestler" look for him!
If I use the new figure, the clothes ought to fit better, without all the tweaking, though.

edit on 2012/4/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The starting point for the second version of Silo:

How do you like those dragon-skin britches from the Great Orm in the cave?

Need help in shaping up her face - I haven't started yet, and that is the "raw" figure's face.

I may or may not be off the internet for a few days. This phone is giving me headaches, and if they can't provide the service I'm paying for, I ain't paying for it. I told them as much already, which seemed to flummox them. We'll see how it goes.

I'm just before telling them which parts of their anatomy I think these boxes will fit into with minimal effort and maybe some grease if I'm feeling charitable.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Silo, Take 2:

I'll stop here until I get input on what needs to be fixed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Silo's looking great. If you put a pair a 'Lennon' glasses on her she'd look just like my step mother. Anyway - if you choose to keep her hair lilac it's got to be a lot lighter. If you choose to keep the color she has now after dying her hair - auburn is good.

The only think I'd think is her eyes are a lot bigger - a lot. And if you've got hair that parts in the middle - it was dag that always had a flap of it hanging down half her face.
But no worry, it's fine like that too!

Have a great weekend if you're internet isn't fixed!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If auburn works, it's better for me - opens more choices for hair styles. I've got a couple that part in the middle - one has "pigtails" hanging to the sides. The others, I'm not sure about yet, but I'll fix the eyes and tinker with it.

I was trying to work off of your avatar, which is why there is hair hanging in her face - I'll fix that too, and we'll see what we end up with.

Is the outfit ok? I have a few other pieces, but I'm limited. One other possibility is a rather odd looking chain-mail uh.... "camisole"?

Oh yeah - the eyes - The avatar is a wee bit small, and my old eyes can't quite pick out the color they're supposed to be.

edit on 2012/4/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Silo, Take 3:

Eye size increased to 175%

New hair. Color is as close to auburn as I've been able to find so far, and I changed the ribbon color to lilac.

The hair can be tinkered with to tweak it, but losing the pigtails will involve changing to another appliance - not a problem. Two clicks and it's a done deal.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Chain-mail sounds cool.
And with all due respect? If Silo had to wear her hair like that she's shave her head of cut it right off. LOL!

*wink*
Thank you for trying!

Take one is great - really.

edit on 6-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Hi Hi - I stuck Silo into PS and played around a sec with colors.
What I don't know is why, when rendering the image down, she got 'dirty' - take a look at skin tines etc.
I'll go back to the drawing board but just wanted to give you and idea and the interesting (to me) feedback on what happens in PS when reducing size.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Silo, take 4:

Kept the eye size at 175%

Changed the hair back to the older style

Figured out how to get the bangs out of the face

Changed the hair color. My mom's hair was auburn before it went gray, and that ain't auburn, but it's as close as I could find. These new files aren't like the old ones - I can't isolate the picture out of the texture file to tinker with it yet. The old textures were just jpegs that I could mess around with colors in. These aren't.

Changed the tunic for some armor and mail.

Still need to know what eye color to put in. I don't have any exotics like purple, but most of the standards, I have - hazel, blue, green, brown, etc.

Don't hesitate with the changes - they're not hard to do, and if I can't get one exact, I'll get it as close as I can. I mean to get the base characters as close as I can before trying out any scenes.

edit on 2012/4/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I found this one in BIAD's private stuff.
Whether it is Dag or whether he's just 'photoshopped' it
I dunno.

I wiped the lipstick off before I scanned it in.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
I found this one in BIAD's private stuff.
Whether it is Dag or whether he's just 'photoshopped' it
I dunno.

I wiped the lipstick off before I scanned it in.

OMG, absolutely BEAUTIFUL....
yeah, that...
dump everything else...
that.
Mwa, BIAD!!!

EDIT: yeah, so, wow....
but, I'm not vain...I'm not... I'm not vain....
wow.
In another lifetime maybe, that's how she'd .....
just, wow.

aherm,
carry on, nenothtu.....this is the fifth or sixth version we've got.....

You guys decide which to use...
I'm just the writer for her.

edit on 6-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I guess we'll have to skip the chainmail. Makes Silo a bit to 'busty' - and as we all know she resembles a plate a fried eggs.
Woo-hoo...

Back to the story line. Do we have a direction yet or are we waiting for inspiration?

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I guess we'll have to skip the chainmail. Makes Silo a bit to 'busty' - and as we all know she resembles a plate a fried eggs.
Woo-hoo...

That depends more on the viewing angle than on the clothes. Silo, take 5:

I made some other changes in this version, trying to make the face conform to the face on your lilac version. I reworked everything but the cheek bones. It's still not quite what you had there, but I can't figure out the differences at the moment. It's maybe something about the eyes or the eyebrows.

I added makeup and mascara to try to match your work.

I can leave her in the armor, or put her back in the tunic - your choice. What else do you think needs changed? Too skinny? Not skinny enough? bigger muscles? It's your character, so you say. It keeps me off the streets and out of trouble tinkering.

Back to the story line. Do we have a direction yet or are we waiting for inspiration?

peace

I don't really know, myself. I'm just skating in free fall at the moment, parking neno in some R+R aboard Yydryl. It seems BIAD may have something in mind with his inquiry into the material of the duranium plaque with the homing beacon in it.

I made up the "duranium" - think non-corrodable metallic stuff. The purpose of the claim plaque is that it's to be mounted somewhere on a claimed planet, and the "homing beacon" is there so that it can be found from orbit, keeping people from wasting their time making useless claims if a planet has already been claimed. Planet - big, plaque - small, so it has to has to have some means of locating it. Can't just put it at "latitude 0, longitude 0" since a new planet doesn't have grid lines drawn on it to show where that is, and that point might be under 5 miles of water in an ocean anyhow.

edit on 2012/4/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

THERE'S A WABBIT ON MY PROFILE!!

Thanks and BIAD is now trying to stuff a lettuce leaf inside
the laptop!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The idea of facing down the Wolves (see below)...

... is just that -an idea. What do yer' thinkus?!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Not sure what you're getting at...did I miss a suggestion?

top topics

<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join