It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 332
<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As for a 'plan' or 'direction'....
at this point Dag is unaware of all that has happened to the others...she was with Brittle (taken from BIAD and Adam), and then sent on her own adventure, with no awareness whatsoever of what else was going on.

Likewise, the others are unaware of what she went through....
for now, she's going to be asking lots of questions and talking to the others to try to get a picture of what has happened...to her, and the others. Debriefing, or processing, if you will.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

THERE'S A WABBIT ON MY PROFILE!!

Thanks and BIAD is now trying to stuff a lettuce leaf inside
the laptop!

Mine too! I'm willing to bet Silo knows that wascally wabbit personally!

My daughter has a rabbit in her considerable menagerie, and - who knew it? - it started laying striped eggs yesterday!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Back to the story line. Do we have a direction yet or are we waiting for inspiration?

The idea of facing down the Wolves (see below)...

... is just that -an idea. What do yer' thinkus?!

An entire pack of Fenris's guarding Ygddrasil? It has promise, but, since the wolf is my brother (my Not-a-White-Guy name is "Wheewa Hotehi", "Wolf Heart" loosely), I'm not sure killing off a pack of them would be a good idea for me...

Lead on, and I'll handle it somehow!

edit on 2012/4/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Back to the story line. Do we have a direction yet or are we waiting for inspiration?

The idea of facing down the Wolves (see below)...

... is just that -an idea. What do yer' thinkus?!

Very cool... The Tree of Life huh? I'll be looking forward to some background info on that one... Time for more 'lores'!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I'll 'pad-out' the storyline in a discussion when they all meet.

A newly-inherited solar system IS on our way to the far side, so Neno can
take a gander, put clean curtains up, maybe even wash the windows of his
new home and see the lay of the land!

I think you'll find that these 'Wolf-Guardians' are not the friendly social animals
that we normally assume.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I'll 'pad-out' the storyline in a discussion when they all meet.

A newly-inherited solar system IS on our way to the far side, so Neno can
take a gander, put clean curtains up, maybe even wash the windows of his
new home and see the lay of the land!

I think you'll find that these 'Wolf-Guardians' are not the friendly social animals
that we normally assume.

Hey! We...uh... don't have to die in a South African motorcycle crash in order to see this Tree of Life before being returned to the Land of the Living, do we?

Neno has already seen that solar system - he was marooned there for 7 years, which is the basis for his "by right of occupancy" claim on it. It's the home of the Uktena.

Here is the image I did of it for the travel brochure/claim form/ PDF file detailing the entire solar system

Here is the map of the surface, beneath the clouds, used for the above image:

I made several of those surface maps, all with different coastlines, continents, mountain ranges, etc, - but with the same color scheme - before settling on this one for the planet in question, so I've got a backlog of unused planet maps at the moment.

I've got the entire system planned out and photographed, except for the moons. I've got no moons in it yet, and need to fix that deficiency soon. The gas giants turned out pretty well, and the Ice Planet, next orbit outward from this one, turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

See the Travel Brochure for more pictures (I can send it via e-mail if you want it - post paid, delivered directly to your local laptop) - but if I have to die in a South African motor bike wreck to see the Tree of Life, people are gonna have to "buy the book"!

edit on 2012/4/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Eeeeeh, there's no need to drag other threads into this!!

I didn't know Uktena was in that system... must update my info!

EDIT: I'm posting a on-going discussion that the group are having.
edit on 8-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

No - not Uktena the town, THE Uktena - the giant snake like thing that neno hunted through the swamps during his sojourn there, and ate whenever he could catch one.

There is a map of our part of the galaxy with Khalamadar's location marked on it in this post.

I'll see about sketching out a few details of the planet shortly.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

No - not Uktena the town, THE Uktena - the giant snake like thing that neno hunted through the swamps during his sojourn there, and ate whenever he could catch one...

AAAWWW! I see, gotcha and I will slap BIAD for not telling me!
(I added something to posting above yours)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

The ongoing discussion works as an information vehicle for me.

Don't slap BIAD too hard - he's a delicate flower, and it disorients me when his eyeballs keep wobbling like that - especially since he hasn't got any!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The ongoing discussion works as an information vehicle for me.

Don't slap BIAD too hard - he's a delicate flower, and it disorients me when his eyeballs keep wobbling like that - especially since he hasn't got any!

Yes I know, although there's a small silk-bag he keeps in his room, matbe his
'baby-blues' reside there?!!

'Buy the Book' -indeed!!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I pass by a small prosthetic shop that deals in such items every day that I go to work, so if he needs a spare pair, I can pick them up one evening. Maybe they'll throw a silk bag into the deal gratis!

Speaking of books, I hear through the grapevine that downloads spiked again recently. I don't know if I need to buy a dog, or capture and attack train an uktena!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A post with an overview of the details of the planet Khalamzadar can be found here. it has details of the surface, climate, atmosphere, etc. for orientation concerning neno's pet planet.

Oops - I just remembered - I forgot to include the most famous fauna!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I've posted a conversation between the Crew, I mean no harm in
setting the idea up and I can make it dissolve -if need be.

Hope It's okay.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sounds like an interesting place....what season will it be when we arrive?

May I ask a favor? When this meetin' breaks up, can we leave Dag and Mucklebones to talk for a bit?
Or, if not, at some point I can have them meet up -- Dag's 'womanhood' is in full bloom now...and Muckles will notice the change in her. Not sure what the two females will come up with as their own relationship grows.

I'm thinking of making a sort of side-story line regarding Dag and Adam navigating their relationship while whatever adventure is ongoing.

Please let me know if this sounds okay

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It's very okay!! (in my opinion, anyway)

Enjoying it, and having inspiration while we're at it...
just not sure where to jump in (or whether) but I like what you've got going with Dag and Adam.

(And don't try to tell me you don't know how women are...
)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Sounds like an interesting place....what season will it be when we arrive?

May I ask a favor? When this meetin' breaks up, can we leave Dag and Mucklebones to talk for a bit?
Or, if not, at some point I can have them meet up -- Dag's 'womanhood' is in full bloom now...and Muckles will notice the change in her. Not sure what the two females will come up with as their own relationship grows.

I'm thinking of making a sort of side-story line regarding Dag and Adam navigating their relationship while whatever adventure is ongoing.

Please let me know if this sounds okay

No problem..... all done and ready.

edit on 8-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You know, not long after I came down from the mountains, I got the nickname "gourdhead" for a while. The story behind it is that a fine young polished city fella one had a difference of opinion with me wherein he made the statement "why, I oughtta take you apart!" So,being the amiable fellow I am, I set my feet about shoulder's width apart and crossed my arms across my chest - loosely, so that I could drop the lower one fast enough to jab the livin' daylights out of him as soon as he got into range without winding up and telegraphing my intent, and I said agreeably "go right ahead".

Well, because of my odd hillbilly accent, he, and all the other folks there at the time, thought I called him a "gourdhead" instead of saying "go right ahead". He took exception to being called a gourdhead, and the rest is history.

Afterwards, folks asked me what a "gourdhead" was, and I was mystified - I had no idea what it was, or where they got it from. When we got it sorted out, the name stuck for a while.

I tell this story because it illustrates that what is heard is at time not what is said, and pointing out that regional dialects can be at fault. I was musing on a theme song for neno in the next segment, and came up with Slade's "Can't Tame a Hurricane" from the early eighties. I found it in YouTube, and went in search of lyrics to firm up in my own mind what was being sung, and was shocked that there were places what I hear and what the lyrics SAY don't match up.

Here's the song:

Now, everywhere I could find lyrics on the internet, they were exactly this:

I wanna I wanna I wanna tell ya

He'll be sharper than any razor
With a phoney idea of life
He's got a hurdy-gurdy temper
To cut you like a knife hey hey hey

He's ever ready to catch the cheetah
You know the leopard don't change it's spots
He's the international cocktail
Who'll end up on the rocks woh oh oh

Chorus
So don't try to tame a damn hurricane
A hurricane 'll backfire
Don't try to tame a damn hurricane
You can't hold on to livewire

You need a five gear book on the good times
In the houses of ill refute
Different strokes for different folks
There ain't no substitute no oh oh

Chorus
A hurricane 'll backfire

Woh oh oh oh oh

Hey hey hey hey

Woh oh oh oh oh

I wanna I wanna I wanna tell ya oh-oh oh-oh

Break

The girlie's inocent airs took over
Her baby face did not engage
Don't need no firm and learn relations
He'll never change his ways no oh oh

Chorus
A hurricane 'll backfire

Don't try to tame him blame him
The hurricane 'll backfire
Don't try to tame him blame him
You can't hold on to livewire woh oh

Source

That's not what I hear in places.

For example, where the lyrics claim it's being said

"You need a five gear book on the good times
In the houses of ill refute"

I'm hearing:

"he ain't about to give up on the good times

In the houses of ill repute"

I have no idea what a "five gear book" is, OR a house of ill "refute", and have to wonder if that's some sort of British colloquialism.

Also, where the lyrics claim it's this being said:

"The girlie's inocent airs took over"

I'm hearing:

"About as innocent as a cobra"

I'm also hearing "a funny idea of life" instead of "a phoney idea of life", but that's more minor.

Can anyone set my mind at ease in these matter, or do I just need to find another song?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I've posted a conversation between the Crew, I mean no harm in
setting the idea up and I can make it dissolve -if need be.

Hope It's okay.

Looks like a winner to me - and left a door open in my head for another segment to pop out concerning an unexpected discovery neno makes in the shuttle bay, and how in the devil to explain it without making people's heads explode.

To answer Silo's question from the discussion in the story line, there are "grassland" or the equivalent in the higher (and lower) latitudes where the climate is drier and more temperate, but there probably aren't any ranches - at least not inhabited ones. There are places for a decent ranch, but no ranches, since the planet is uninhabited by sentient beings, and has been left to the wild in the wake of their demise, departure, or whatever happened. There are ruins here and there, but not a sign of whomever built them.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It's Easter Monday here (and probably in a lot of other places too!)... and a holiday.
Me...? I'm just about to set off for work.
I'll mull-over your song lyrics whilst the doughnuts are being done!

new topics

top topics

<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join