It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 334
<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Anyway - there's NO 'missing scenes'. BIAD tugged Adam aside to get his interest off Dag/Muckles with an excuse about Neno. While Dag went to have her 'talk' - life for Adam moved on - right out into the Center for a nice long walk.

That was never established.

He went from being led out of the conference room by BIAD straight to the Center.
Why? What was he thinking?
What did BIAD say to him?
When did he decide he was going to the center?
BIAD knew what had gone on; he'd have had a talk with Adam (in my mind), who was confused (in my mind) by Dag's obvious discomfiture.

Adam (in my mind) would've had questions....and since he was with BIAD in the original landing on Earth at the lakeside, from where Dag went missing...and BIAD is aware of the Arthur/Lancelot/Guinevere situation....and no one else was....(except Dag and Brittle and Gert).....

There would have been plenty to say between BIAD and Adam before he went anywhere.

.....but whatever. Guess there's no 'writing around it necessary.'

Shows what I know.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm a mean old sonuvagun. I had neno have a conference with Adam in the center, too, but it was after he'd left Silo's cave, not before, so it ought not to mess up your prequel.

Brilliant!! Loved it....

Thanks, neno.

You explained it very well.

Can we please establish who is going to write for Adam next?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Can we please establish who is going to write for Adam next?

Adam is what we call in the Opera an "NPC" - non-player character, so he can be written up by any of us. Margo and Margot are NPC's, too, as is Gert, Brittle, etc, etc. The writer characters are just BIAD, Dag, Silo, and neno - all of he rest are NPC's. NPC's were originally dreamed up so the the writer characters had someone to interact with and getting around the inherent problems involved in writing for another writer's character. I generally try to leave the NPC's alone as much as the writer characters until I think I've got a good handle on them, but that's just me.

Ship is the wildest NPC to my mind, and I don't think I've EVER written for Ship, because I just can't get a handle on her. Something about that infinite, tardis-like Center in the middle of a finite ship is just overwhelming to me - I can't grasp it, and can only conclude that it's some sort of inter-dimensional portal into a space between dimensions and anchored to Yydryl is the only thing I can come up with. The fact that it just looks like empty space from outside the ship is, well, creepy to me any other way. Add to that the fact that I can't get into Yydryl's mind, and the combination just makes me uncomfortable writing for her.

I can sort of get a grip on Chumley, Gert, Muckles, and Tibbs, but not Brittle, so I probably won't be writing for him, either. Same for the robots.

Interactions with Pip I keep to a minimum - I ain't sure about how to write for him yet. Ghost Margot I've got a firm grip on, since I knew the real woman she was patterned after, but Cyborg Margo less so.

edit on 2012/4/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Adam is what we call in the Opera an "NPC" - non-player character, so he can be written up by any of us. Margo and Margot are NPC's, too, as is Gert, Brittle, etc, etc.

Got it.
So, can we please establish who is going to write for Adam next?

My bad. I thought he was my 'character' from when I first started...."Dag and Adam." I was mistaken. ...

so, going forward, does that mean Pip, Carpet, Ship, Chumley, are all up for grabs too??? I was under the impression they were 'off-limits'.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Adam is what we call in the Opera an "NPC" - non-player character, so he can be written up by any of us. Margo and Margot are NPC's, too, as is Gert, Brittle, etc, etc.

Got it.
So, can we please establish who is going to write for Adam next?

Whomever puts him in a post, I suppose.

My bad. I thought he was my 'character' from when I first started...."Dag and Adam." I was mistaken. ...

It may be thst I am the mistaken one - that probably ought to be firmed up.

so, going forward, does that mean Pip, Carpet, Ship, Chumley, are all up for grabs too??? I was under the impression they were 'off-limits'.

I can't speak for you, but for me it's just as I said above - I keep writing for those (other than Chumley, who I think I have a grip on) to a minimum. Ship and Carpet, in particular, I can't seem to pin down, so I don't write for them. I don't think I ever have. I reckon that means that for me they're "off limits" because I can't figure them out well enough to write for them, and never have been able to.

However, they ARE NPC's, so your mileage may vary.

Sorry about the late reply - I took a much needed beauty nap (seems not to have helped much, but it was needed all the same), and have been slaying mice since I woke up. Evidently the cool weather brought a nest indoors, and I've gotten 3 in less than 20 minutes. Stupid varmints - er, vermin, I mean.

As an aside, did you know that in the Viking Age, Norsemen believed that a sudden sleepyness in mid-day meant spirits were trying to talk to you, and had to put you into the limbo of sleep to git 'er done? Ref: Du Chaillu, Paul B., "The Viking Age". 1889, Scribners, I think.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Sorry WT, I should have added something in my last post about the conversation.

BIAD chattered about Neno's dealings with the many weapons in the Holo-Theatre as he
led the 'O'-shaped-mouth Doctor from the Conference Room...

It was just about getting him out of the Conference Room.
(Must try harder!)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

That was never established.

As a 'reader' it was established that scene was over - unless Adam followed BIAD into the Holo-Theater, and then into a nice hot steamy bath! LOL. My only meaning? It's a little late to include anything about their 'talk' in 'real time' now. No reason why you can't write it as 'memory' if you still think it needs to be covered though.

reply to post by Neno

*Bust out laughing* at your post. So, Neno's playing 'Daddy' to his 'Mommy' who's role cast as at the moment as 'Daughter' cause Neno's about to bloody up the new beau that's come to the door for a Saturday night at the drive-in. Love it. LOL.

Though really, all that happened was just a moment of animal companionism that got stomped on by good sense before it even got going. Companionism is a new word. Just found it in the dicktionary... Animal magnetism and companionship. Yeah. Works for me.

I don't think Silo's gonna be too impressed by Neno's actions but who says she has to know anyway.

You thinking of dropping in on her 'out there' or have you melted right away into the night?

edit on 12-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
UGH! All this Adam sneaking about really messed up something I wanted to bring into the story line to help the new BIAD scenario with the Tree of Life, etc. I'll do my best to get back to it today.

There's back story - wayyyyy back story - about a very special Tree planted in the Center by CindyMars. Anyway, that tree? Well, let me go back and bring some reference points.

Here's where it happend in the storyline

“Follow me there is a very special tree, I want to show you. Her name is Allena and she will allow you a piece of her.” As they climbed up a bit of a steep sloop, the tree emerged. “She is a very conscious tree and she will communicate with you, I believe, go and stand underneath her.” Silo did so and Cim pulls her camera from her pocket.

There’s even pics! (So it did happen, lol.)

And the Tree's name is pronounce ALL-ENA (all ennnna) (Side note: Like Ena, Bambie's Aunt in the Disney production lol)

So question is - Where did Cindymars ‘take’ Silo to see/meet this tree. Sure it was supposed to be earth - BUT - remember, CindyMars TELEPORTED herself and Silo to the area. Interesting

“She is lovely.” Silo removed her pocket knife and cutoff a small branch. She said I could.”
Silo looks at Cim. “I am sure, she will enjoy being at part of your creation.” Says Cim thoughtfully. After a few more quiet moments, Silo sighed, “Ok let’s continue, I can’t wait to spend lots of time with her child on Ship.”

Now a piece of it is planted in the Center.

That's where I wanted to pic up the story line when Adam showed up.

Yes, very interesting...

Added Note I'll not bring up anything in the story line directly because Silo doesn't even know about the whole 'Tree' thing but it's good to keep in the back of the mind.
edit on 12-4-2012 by silo13 because: even more info

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

reply to post by Neno

*Bust out laughing* at your post. So, Neno's playing 'Daddy' to his 'Mommy' who's role cast as at the moment as 'Daughter' cause Neno's about to bloody up the new beau that's come to the door for a Saturday night at the drive-in. Love it. LOL.

It's hard not to - Silo is so much younger chronologically than neno is, because of the peculiar circumstances of his birth and transport to the Space Opera time period. Does this mean he's become his own grandpa, ala Grampa Jones' song?

Though really, all that happened was just a moment of animal companionism that got stomped on by good sense before it even got going. Companionism is a new word. Just found it in the dicktionary... Animal magnetism and companionship. Yeah. Works for me.

Yeah - but neno only knows what he sees, and I got the distinct impression he didn't like what he saw. Step parents can be a real pain in the ass, can't they?

Silo ought to be happy that neno wasn't "conveniently" sitting around cleaning his guns when beaus come to call! I seriously did that with my middle daughter, and you'd be surprised how well behaved those fellows were!
The most memorable incident, however, was something she said herself to one of them when he was uneasy talking to me around the gun cleaning - she said "that ain't nothing - he's got a sword in there that's taller than I am, and he slings that thing around like it was made of styrofoam!" ROFLMFAO!

I don't think Silo's gonna be too impressed by Neno's actions but who says she has to know anyway.

I don't think neno will be particularly bothered by that - he's in "protection mode", and when he gets like that, he doesn't much care what the recipient thinks about it - not any more than I care when my grand daughter calls me "mean" because I won't let her climb onto the stove when I'm cooking something.

You thinking of dropping in on her 'out there' or have you melted right away into the night?

Nah. Neno needs his beauty... ummm... "sleep"....
He'll most likely let Silo have the solitude she appears to want as long as there ain't no danger about. I'm guessing he slunk off into the night, headed back for his bunk - the question is, WHICH bunk, now that he's rediscovered the Starwolf is still in one piece? It seems most likely to me that he'll move his bag of marbles and crayons and coloring books into quarters there, since it's familiar to him, and "his room".

In "Firefly", Inara Sera lived aboard a shuttle she rented from Captain Reynolds, even when it was docked into it's little pocket aboard the ship. That was "her room", and I can see neno setting up a similar arrangement on Starwolf aboard Yydryl.

edit on 2012/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Kinda scary how this story gets recursive and feeds back into itself in unexpected ways, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

In "Firefly", Inara Sera lived aboard a shuttle she rented from Captain Reynolds, even when it was docked into it's little pocket aboard the ship. That was "her room", and I can see neno setting up a similar arrangement on Starwolf aboard Yydryl.

That sounds fantastic actually. I presume Neno will feel much more at ease on his own and ready to get up and go any time he pleases which suits his nature I'm sure. And, the privacy (not being under Ship's constant scrutiny) will lend a modicum of privacy. Very nice set up that!
In fact, that's one thing Silo will be facing soon in the Center. Where to start building a cabin for Pip (and her???) - outside Ship's censors, or within range.

And yeah - the whole tree thing is freaky isn't it. I'm not let Silo do or say much about it - not until we hear more from BIAD but you never know huh!

Ok, back to check on Etna who's got her skirt in a bunch over all the earthquakes!

Oh, and Pip just 'told me' he's going to want a ride on the Starwolf as soon as we get back to Ship Proper!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me (I'm searching my memory files, but not coming up with anything) if we've ever seen Dag bleed? From what I recall, she's remained pretty much physically unscathed through all of these adventures (aside from being rendered paralyzed when Brittle had her abducted). If that is the case, I'm exploring the wherefores of that...and her evolution from bio-droid to woman.

I know she was androgenous and several hundred star-years old, and that her eyes are special, but what (if any) were her other unique or exceptional attributes at her creation? Sorry, as Silo says, "brain cramp!"

I'm working up a scene between her and Muckles, who are now in the Swamp (and have been while all the Adam-creeping-about stuff etc was going on. )

edit on 12-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Sorry WT, I should have added something in my last post about the conversation.
"BIAD chattered about Neno's dealings with the many weapons in the Holo-Theatre as he
led the 'O'-shaped-mouth Doctor from the Conference Room... "

It was just about getting him out of the Conference Room.
(Must try harder!)

Nah....I just missed the transition...I'm sure it's my head that's not screwed on straight.

Anyhoo, I've reread the last few posts on the Storyline, and it's making better sense to me now (kinda)....
you're trying plenty hard, dear!! I've been needing you all as a crutch for several days now!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Crikey!... I'm writing a post where The Splitter was actually to comment
about CindyMars' connection to The Tree Of Knowledge (or Life)

I know that BIAD is aware of things that he's reluctant to let out -except
in small bursts... it's sometimes like watching J. Depp's character in 'Benny
& Joon'!

Maybe it's time for a little chinese-burn...!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

(Said in whispered tones)... Please don't use the word 'crutch' in
BIAD's company... he starts to giggle so-much, I have to lead him
to the bathroom!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

it's sometimes like watching J. Depp's character in 'Benny
& Joon'!

Great flick that!!
One of my faves....
can you have BIAD do the hat-trick thing??

Mwa!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hey there, loved the last...it did inspire me. Have a look at the post I put on the story line and let me know what you think!

Oh, and btw, it doesn't matter now if Dag bled before or not...she doesn't anymore.
hehehe...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The Powers-That-Be demands that I wash up the crockery from our supper...
If she only knew that I fly the Universe and get to fight the wierdest of creatures.

I'll read it as soon as I show BIAD how to scrub the plates (stupid so-and-so keeps
'snacking' his teeth at the bubbles!)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Prize? The true Neo gets a PRIZE? All our neno got was a stupid solar system that comes with a plaque, and that pesky immortality thing!

Where is the claim office? Let me guess... at the Tree of Life... and someone or someone(s) else is gonna have to take a whoopin'...

I've got to wonder now how the "true Neo" is described in the legends - what, other than saving the known universe - is attributed to the Neo? What I'm getting at is we need to establish at some point what makes this cat think he has the claim to the throne solid enough to make him want to butt heads?

And... just who is the Scary New Guy?

Ah! A Mystery wrapped in an Enigma and served up on... something or other....

Wolf fur?
Do you reckon the Caliburn is made of it, or has just sliced and diced some at some point?
edit on 2012/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Crikey!... I'm writing a post where The Splitter was actually to comment
about CindyMars' connection to The Tree Of Knowledge (or Life)

Ok THAT gave me the heebee-jeebee Goosebumps!

My hands are full of volcano for a minute but I'll be back to check up on the story line ASAP!

Unreal how things turn out huh!

new topics

top topics

<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join