It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Gotcha and thanks for the *hints*.

So, I'll get back to the Command Center and hope that CindyMars and Neno join me there soon.

I'll make sure I've got everyone with me - besides Deson who'll be keeping an eye on things from his own Command Station near to all the weapons and our own smaller transport vehicles, etc.

If I don't hear from Neno or CindyMars soon I'll go ahead and talk to you Prof Rabbit, telling you my Ship mates are 'indisposed' and follow your lead.

The only reason I wouldn't wait for Neno and CindyMars? Well, in the story, in the real event I was in the position, I wouldn't have that luxury either...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
If I don't hear from Neno or CindyMars soon I'll go ahead and talk to you Prof Rabbit, telling you my Ship mates are 'indisposed' and follow your lead.

The only reason I wouldn't wait for Neno and CindyMars? Well, in the story, in the real event I was in the position, I wouldn't have that luxury either...

You might need to involve Yydryl as an active character since she is sentient, and as one person you cannot run the command center on your own, but Yydryl can do most things as well as being "self protective", Yydryl's character to date has been "soft", perhaps you can give her a harder "edge" now that a threat is looming.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hi everyone! Yeah, I will not be going back to the Command Center.

Sorry my home pc barely works and I have not read the latest post,
I have some other things to do in SHIPs Center and Cadbury and other alternate storylines I want to follow.

I hope you are all having a Happy Holidays!

Peace!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Ok, with that announcement I'll go ahead and put something together unless I hear from Neno.

Will miss you there CindyMars - but will add I'm looking so forward to the Cadbury post - they are my fave to date in the Opera!

So, I'll give Neno a day or so and then go ahead and respond to your post there Prof Rabbit.

If you get itchy let me know.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Ohhh Nenoooooo you around?

Maybe I should just go ahead and post???

Ideas anyone...

peace

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Ohhh Nenoooooo you around?

Maybe I should just go ahead and post???

Ideas anyone...

peace

Neno is missing along with Luder, Studious and others. Luder even asked for an entrance but we have heard nothing.

Meanwhile, Yydryl needs to acknowledge the information from Penelope, after all Penelope is about to park in front of her nose and we are supposed to be moving towards a moon.

May I suggest you write some replies from Yydryl that agree to our temporary "merger" and I will write the space battle. At least that will close that part of the story, I hate leaving a story unfinished. :>

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit
Neno is missing along with Luder, Studious and others. Luder even asked for an entrance but we have heard nothing.

I'm still here.

I was going to put up a post where I ran into Luder. However I haven't been able to because he's missing and I cannot write what his character's reaction would be.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Studious]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

I'm still here.

I was going to put up a post where I ran into Luder. However I haven't been able to because he's missing and I cannot write what his character's reaction would be.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Studious]

Well it's good to see you are still with us! So what would you like to do in the forth coming space battle? I have not planned any Marine action for the Opi ships but I do plan to use an AI for weapons control.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I have not planned any Marine action for the Opi ships but I do plan to use an AI for weapons control.

An AI, as in...a machine!

As in Seeker!!!!

(I'm just kidding Seeker.
)

On Topic:

Originally posted by prof-rabbitSo what would you like to do in the forth coming space battle?

I think I'll just have Studious react to whatever occurs.

And this time, luckily for everyone, the Colonel doesn't consider the Opiuchi friendlies.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Studious]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

I have not planned any Marine action for the Opi ships but I do plan to use an AI for weapons control.

An AI, as in...a machine!

As in Seeker!!!!

(I'm just kidding Seeker.
)

On Topic:

Originally posted by prof-rabbitSo what would you like to do in the forth coming space battle?

I think I'll just have Studious react to whatever occurs.

And this time, luckily for everyone, the Colonel doesn't consider the Opiuchi friendlies.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Studious]

No, not Seeker, perhaps we can have a roll call to see who is presently active?

So far:
Silo
Studious
Myself

Anyone?

I have sent several U2U's to Luder to no avail.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

I am active but not participating in this foray.

Have not rewritten lost post yet or anything new.

Good luck in battle.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
First can we get a consensus over if the Yydryl is going to participate in the battle?

One of the reasons I've been waiting to hear from the Yydryl crew.

I can't make the decision to go into battle with her alone.

I can write that we received the message, and that I'm the only one aboard her command center at the moment...and in fact I'll tell the Penelope that, but battle?

From there, if the Yydryl participants want her to fight, she'll fight...

If not, then I'll have her turn tail and run and leave it up to the Penelope...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is up to you. I did not get involved to write the battle stuff. There were enough writers at one time that were into that stuff. On the living ship Moya (SP?) on Farscape there is often just one or two crew members onboard. So Silo its up to you. I am not into it.

So if you want to battle go ahead.
If you want to turn and leave, go ahead.
Cim is still in Ship's Center somewhere and so is Neno. LOL

[edit on 12-1-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by silo13

Cim is still in Ship's Center somewhere and so is Neno. LOL

[edit on 12-1-2010 by cindymars]

Mmmm, "Cim and Neno sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g " .....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thank you CindyMars for your input - I needed that.

So, because I wont be able to get a hold of you or Neno, and as Deson and I and Chumley and Bransom wont want to make a decision without you? Wellll...just wait and see so I don't give it all away here...

hehehe Prof Rabbit

[edit on 15-1-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Greetings all! I apologize profusely for my protracted absence. Thinks got deeply and profoundly wierd around here, and to make a long story short, I had to make a sudden move, and the place I'm staying has no phone, no internet, no cable.

It's pretty peaceful, really.

I came up here a couple of times trying to log on, and for some reason my buddy's computer wouldn't let me log on to ATS. I've rectified that now by bringing one of my machines up here and installing it so I have a terminal of my own when I get here.

I've got to go get caught up on the story now, and see what's going on with it.

More after I get my bearings.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Welcome Back Neno

Glad you've returned and glad all is well with you.

So, I'l hang on until I know what your choices are about fighting.

If you plan on fighting it will be without me... I'm not interested in combat - at the moment... Not ruling out later...

But I'm sure Chumley would LOVE to go with you - Deson too...

Deson would get to use some of his *toys* (fighter flight vehicles) and Chumley, hey, any excuse to hold and fire a weapon he'll be at your side.

I'll hang back on Ship with CindyMars, Branson (who'll be heartbroken without Chum) and Carpet and the rest.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
After Viewing the destruction wrought on Earth by these Buzzards, neno considers that an attack on them would likely be more or less a suicide mission, so he won't take anyone else out with him to die.

His plan is to "hide" (it's a recon scout ship, right? ought to be good at hiding) behind some space junk, or an asteroid, or whatever, wait 'till the Buzzards bypass him on their way to the inner solar system, then pounce and attack their rear, turn and run like hell back in the direction he came from, hoping to draw them away from the bigger ships as they pursue him, thus buying time for the Penelope and Yydryl to get set, or just plain get away, whichever they decide on.

A scout ship ought to have some kind of cloaking or stealth ability, be easier for one teeny boat to hide and surprise 'em than two big ol' battleships.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Cool...

So I'll make my way back to the command center and start looking for everyone else...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey Guys! I was watching this epi of "Farscape" and there were these creatures that looked much like I thought the Buzzards would look and I had never seen that one before.

Silo I have some interesting ideas for Ships Center, I will run them by you later.

Love & Peace to all!
Bye 4 now!

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join