It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do you know the episode name or number? maybe we can Google and find a picture to give us an idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I bouth the entire series as a Christmas gift for myself.
I will get the name of the epi. It was second season.

Silo in your next post can you acknowledge that you heard
Neno's message?

Sorry but I am not up to contributing yet in a post.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

I bouth the entire series as a Christmas gift for myself.
I will get the name of the epi. It was second season.

Silo in your next post can you acknowledge that you heard
Neno's message?

Sorry but I am not up to contributing yet in a post.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by cindymars]

Nice pressie! ( I have most of them via a different method)

Whenever you feel up to the task :>

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I reckon I just don't get out enough. I love Farscape, but haven't seen it in probably 6 or 7 years. I had no idea it was available on DVD, but I should have figured.

It appears that the Penelope crew is preparing for fight rather than flight with/from the Buzzards. Last I recall, there aren't any partakers of a Space Battle scenario currently writing for Yydryl.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the ship herself may have other ideas, should one of her crew decide to take up that challenge. Otherwise, the Penelope crew is gonna have to circle the wagons and protect the womenfolk.

Is Yydryl gonna fight, flee, or just stand and watch in rapt attention (with appropriate ooohs and aaahs) as the menfolk take on the Buzzards?

Edit to add: You might want to get some bandages ready....

[edit on 2010/1/20 by nenothtu]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Oh protect us Neno and Prof....We are but wee females. LOL
Joking.
It is really up to Silo but in her last post she said, she was not into fighting so?

The entire series was onsale for $60. @ amazon

PS: Did not get a chance to find the epi for you yet.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by cindymars]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Looking forward to hearing from you CindyMars...

Ok, I see Neno posted.

Let me go read and then I'll have to rewrite a few things and hopefully post tomorrow - and Yes CindyMars I'll acknowledge the message.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hi All.

Ok, so all communiques have been acknowledged and it's set up so the *word* is out between everyone. Chumley in his fighter, Bransom in hers, Deson at his command post manning the drone fighters to the Penelope, to wherever CindyMars is and back to where I am with Carpet on Ship.

The Yydryl has to flee - no choice in the matter. But, whoever is going to write the fighting scene has complete control now over Chumley in his rig, Bransom in hers and Deson at his controls.

Please use them well (whoever will write the fight scene) and I only ask that Chumley makes it back to the Yydryl - even if he's half dead, just let him make his way back. I promised Whisper I'd keep him alive and well so we can't kill him off.

About *The Pod*...

Yydryl has a priority and that's the Center and if that means She must sacrifice herself, she will.

In other words she can tear out her guts (the Center) and send it off into space without her, leaving Ship with her womb torn out (for the lack of a better way of putting it). The Center, enveloped in a ball of energy and completely *cloaked* would float freely through space until it was possible to return it to the Yydryl, or, until... Until what I'm not sure.

So, to whoever will write the fight scene, if it gets bad, keep in mind the sacrifice the Yydryl can make.

Have fun! I'll be on the deck with Ship and Carpet monitoring the fight.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hi All.

-----8< snip -----

Have fun! I'll be on the deck with Ship and Carpet monitoring the fight.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by silo13]

Nicely done Silo! I will have Sheila relay Yydryl's condition to us and suggest she "put down" on the moon and go quiet, then I will contact Desson for his part, don't worry, we might put a few flash burns on their ships but everyone will come out healthy.

Some nice touches in that post!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

I''m so looking forward to *hearing* Deson Chumley and Bransom go at it with you all!

This is exciting for me, no joke!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You might not want to wait to hear from Cim.
She may actually not be there.
I have not decided.
Good post Silo!

How about some Stars for her great post Prof & Neno?
I starred you guys!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah CindyMars I left it open that I wasn't sure if you were there but of course there was no one better to take care of herself than our CindyMars!

It definitely will worry the heck out of me when the fighting starts...

Maybe I'll have Carpet get a hold of Milli at the cabin and ask about you?

What do you think Milli would say?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey the boss is away, I am going to work on a post now.
Don't contact Milli just yet, if you would not mind, I was considering maybe using her. Let me work on it. I am using one of your images, hope its ok?

Ok the post is up. I did not mention receiving either transmission because as I see it she left prior to them coming in.

Silo don't let Silo worry about Cim, ok?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Silo don't let Silo worry about Cim, ok?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by cindymars]

Hi Cindymars

"when the fauna got much thicker", I think you meant "flora" :>

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Ok I wont, but it would seem pretty weird if I didn't ask or get notice of you.

Off to read your post!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Part one of the space battle is now posted, have I missed anything out in ship placements?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Since I'm not sure when Luder will be back I've posted the "meeting" with him.

But during this meeting Studious only views him from the shadows.

This way I'm not writing for his character and when Luder comes back he can decide if the Captain saw Studious or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Post up. neno is on the prowl and in the red while hiding in the black. Colorful stuff we got going on here, but not nearly as colorful as the soon to be fireworks.

As a refresher, I'm gonna re-post some pictures of the Buzzard vessels, so we're all on the same page as to what they look like.

Ophiuchi/ Buzzard Dreadnought:

I'm thinking the most efficient way to neutralize these is to nuke the aft section, where all 3 wings/ engine pylons come together. Like pulling the wings off of a fly, all the survivors can do is sit there, dead in the black, and wait for ultimate destruction.

Opiuchi/ Buzzard Fighter:

and a Gunner's - eye view of same:

Not quite sure what to do with these if they pop out to engage. Don't want to waste a nuke, and can't shoot the energy beams through my shields...

Starwolf leaving Penelope:

Rear view of StarWolf (Lordy, I hope that ain't a Gunner's - eye view!):

Note the aft cannon turret. could come in handy where the shields are thinnest (as in "Mooning the enemy").

I bet I can get 'em to chase me if I turn tail and run like hell after 'sploding one of the big mammas!

Especially if I squeal like a schoolgirl and start crying as I run.....

I'm off to my other computer now, to see if I can work up any pictures of spectacular 'sploding starships. I'm not real good on post-processing in the fireworks, but I'll see what I can do.

[edit on 2010/1/23 by nenothtu]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'd like to offer Swarg on a suicide mission.

I've been looking for a way to get rid of him, and since he's only a shell of a human at this point (he's full of something to filthy to be mentioned and has been in the brig for quite a while)...

Anyway - he's going to man a fighter and go suicide with the last teeny weeny bit of self conscience he has he'll overcome the evil and sacrifice. blah blah - I know it's an old story line but the situation is too good to pass up.

So, let me write him *out there* and off the Yydryl and you all can do with him what you will from there but I ask he does not return alive to the Yydryl (or dead for that matter)...

Which Deson rig should I put him on? (Make up one if need be)... You want something big, small, what?

So, let me know and I'll get you another pawn for the fight out on the playing field asap.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Hey you...
Please give me a U2U on what to do about your character.
Even if it's that I have Milli contact Carpet.

I know you say don't worry, but, that would be soooo odd for my character not to worry about CindyMars, especially with the possibility of having to pull the Pod strings...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I'd like to offer Swarg on a suicide mission.

I've been looking for a way to get rid of him, and since he's only a shell of a human at this point (he's full of something to filthy to be mentioned and has been in the brig for quite a while)...

Anyway - he's going to man a fighter and go suicide with the last teeny weeny bit of self conscience he has he'll overcome the evil and sacrifice. blah blah - I know it's an old story line but the situation is too good to pass up.

So, let me write him *out there* and off the Yydryl and you all can do with him what you will from there but I ask he does not return alive to the Yydryl (or dead for that matter)...

Which Deson rig should I put him on? (Make up one if need be)... You want something big, small, what?

So, let me know and I'll get you another pawn for the fight out on the playing field asap.

How about Swarg calls in from the last fighter leaving Yydryl (no one left to contain him) and I'll have him save Bransom?

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join