It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit
thank you, I am waiting a reply from the "elder gods" aka. "masqua" to see if I can pull this off

No problem at all, you should use any means at your disposal to tie up loose ends and advance the story.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
FYI Swarg was my NPC creation but please feel free to use him as needed to advance the story.

However unlike Silo do not use other NPC's I have created without clearing it with me, that for now is only Harvey. LOL

Rabbit I would love to see what you do with Swarg he is a right ugly Rigellian.

Silo don't go missing, that would freak me out.

Chumley will never die, I am fond of him, carpet, milli, who is all alone in the cabin.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Beyond that: STUDIOUS WHERE ARE YOU?

I'm still here.

My next story thread post awaiting approval is posted below.

(I know it probably doesn't need to be approved before I post it. However I just want to make sure it fits with everyone's plans.
)

I'll also need the Shapeshifter for one post after this one so please keep him alive and free for a little longer.

Here is a recap of what happened in the story right before the events in the post...

Originally posted by Studious

SS: “They are coming for us…..both of us. Join me, with our combined strength we’ll be able to survive.”

Studious: “I’ll never join you!”

SS: “If you only knew the power that the shadows wield. They never told you what happened to your wife.”

Studious: “I knew enough, they didn’t need to tell me.”

SS: “No, I am your…”

Studious: “NO, NO! That’s not true, that’s impossible!”

Confused the Shapeshifter speaks again “No, I am your only link to the truth.”

Studious pulls his hand up into his sleeve, covering it, and then wipes his forehead with it while giving a sigh of relief.

Shapeshifter: “Studious, you can destroy those who did this. It is your destiny. Join me and together we can avenge those we’ve lost.”

Studious looks at the Shapeshifter’s outstretched hand.

Shapeshifter: “Come with me it is the only way…”

And here is the post...

Studious eyes the room but does not see an easy escape route.

Studious: “You said “they” want to kill us. Whom do you mean?”

The droid that had tried to take Studious’ cane away approaches and in a series of beeps and odd computer noises communicates with the Shapeshifter.

Shapeshifter: “Apparently a team from your ship.”

Studious: “The Penelope is here?”

Shapeshifter: “That is correct Studious, and a security team is on its way now.”

Studious: “Well if you’ll forgive me for struggling with you, then perhaps we should combine our efforts. Working together we may be able to avoid capture.”

Shapeshifter: “I hope so Colonel for your sake. They are not as forgiving as I am.”

The Shapeshifter turns and walks away.

Confused Studious asks “Where are you going?”

Shapeshifter: “I’m going to greet the boarding party.”

Studious: “Is that wise?”

Shapeshifter: “Yes when in disguise.”

The Shapeshifter leaves without saying another word as a confused Studious waits in the strange dark room.

Several minutes later the old man notices the alien, that had saved his life, arriving. Stunned he tries to explain what’s happened when suddenly the alien transforms back into the Shapeshifter.

Shapeshifter: “The team has arrived.”

Studious: “And…”

The Shapeshifter holds up a vile and says “I believe I have a copy of their leaders DNA.”

Studious: “Captain Luder?”

Shapeshifter: “No. The DNA of the boarding party’s leader. I remember when the Penetrator was controlling him. His name is Nenothtu.”

Studious: “How did you get…wait never mind…What are you going to do with that?”

Shapeshifter: “I’m going to make a duplicate.”

Studious: “Where?”

Shapeshifter: “The cocoons of course.”

Studious: “The cocoons, where I found the real NI-7?”

Shapeshifter: “Yes.”

Studious: “Why did you try to kill us after I found them?”

Shapeshifter: “Undoubtedly the question of who created the duplicates would lead them to me. By eliminating them I thought I could prevent the crew from learning too much about who they really were. But apparently I was too late.”

Studious: “What were those duplicates for?”

Shapeshifter: “You don’t need to know that. And we’re running out of time we need to get to the cocoons and make the duplicate of Nenothtu.”

Studious: “Why do you need a duplicate of the Chief?”

Shapeshifter: “It’s simple really. The duplicate will attack Ship. This will cause the Yydyrl crew to act against the boarding party and the Penelope crew will have to respond. With our would-be captors engaging each other we should be able to make our escape.”

Studious: “That’s all I need to know.”

The Old man moves toward the SS and hits him across the face with his cane.

The Shapeshifter stumbles backwards and yells “What are you doing!? I thought we had a deal!”

Studious: “You really need to pay more attention. I said perhaps we should combine our efforts.”

Shapeshifter: “You son of…”

The droid in the room starts firing at Studious who ducks behind the bed narrowly avoiding the deadly blasts.

Rather than fighting Studious the Shapeshifter takes off through the door leading to the hallway of the ship.

The Colonel, now lying low, waits for the droid to come closer. As it approaches he lunges and lands on top of it, out of its weapons range. After hitting the top of the droid with his cane the lid opens slightly, as if it had been opened recently before. Grabbing the opening he pulls the top of the droid off. The droid starts spinning in a circle as Studious looks inside finding an easily removable structure. He pulls the structure out and the droid turns off.

The Colonel gets up to chase after the SS but quickly realizes that if he is seen outside he will be detained or killed. He also realizes that the Shapeshifter on the other hand will be able to move freely by simply blending into his surroundings. Quickly getting an idea the old man looks back at the hallowed out droid realizing he might be able to blend in as well....

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Studious]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Cindy - Yes, I failed to remember Swarg was yours - because of how he got used and corrupted without your permission.
For some reason it stuck in my mind from there Swarg was someone else's - my apologies.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

How cool is that!

So you're not going to help the Shifter after all! Woohoo!
Great to see you by the way.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
FYI Swarg was my NPC creation but please feel free to use him as needed to advance the story.

However unlike Silo do not use other NPC's I have created without clearing it with me, that for now is only Harvey. LOL

Hence my note calling on the "powers that be" for clarification, I have been writing since the 80's although not as a collaborative effort for many years.

Rabbit I would love to see what you do with Swarg he is a right ugly Rigellian.

I have a lovely ending in mind, a kind of tit for tat *splat*, but we need Studious to pull the whole thing off.

Silo don't go missing, that would freak me out.

Chumley will never die, I am fond of him, carpet, milli, who is all alone in the cabin.

Poor Milli, Chumley is the hero's "second", always ready for the backup role.
Carpet is a concept light years ahead, there is so much promise for "it's" future.

So are we all in for a cleanup?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Studious, I have sent you a U2U re the SS.

We need to get the delegation from the planet off the Penelope, idea! (lightbulb) show them the Yydryl (all 4kms of her) and inform them another will arrive "soon" to monitor their planetary situation, if they don't behave the first country to fire will be turned into a sea of glass.

Cocoons: Yydryl's idea of a picture gallery. ?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hey Everyone -
I've been trying to get in touch of Deson for some info on posting the pictures he's made here on/for the Opera.

I've hit his email, a couple places on line he hangs and all with no word.

Anyone heard from him? I'm getting worried.

I mean I know he said to go ahead and post the pictures he's made for the Opera, as the Opera needs them, but still...

Offer up something good his way people...

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
My apologies. but as everyone can see, I have not posted in quite some time. I am going to have to relinquish my position on board the penelope. I will write up an exit post soon hopefully

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Arrg.... singing "Alone am I"

Mr Toodles, please tidy up any loose ends as you vacate your cabin, we will miss you.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Still no word from Deson...

...*Sends peace and Light and Love to Deson*...

Studious, are you going to post that entry???

I want to post another entry where Deson is found (in the story)...
I'm just superstitious enough to think if I do - he'll show up for real.

Silly me, but I'll try anything at this point.

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Toodles you don't have to relinquish your position, you choose to.
Anyway you will be missed. We pretty much move at a snail's pace, sure you could't handle the position?

Neno if you don't want to post Mary Bransom speach, I could summarize the rest of the meeting so we can move on?
Up to you.

Silo? Why no U2U?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The exit will be two posts. Starting with the first one I just posted. In order to tie up loose ends as quickly as possible. And yes, cindy. I choose to relinquish my position. I am not forced to do anything. I still have internet access and a working computer and could therefore choose to be part of this opera still. The truth is that I have lost interest. I do apologize once again and it has nothing to do with anyone involved with the Opera.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Cim - I honestly am beginning to think this whole U2U thing is jinxed for me.

I went way out of my way to contact another ATS member via email as I thought for one reason or another I'd said something to pizz them off - as they'd not responded to multiple U2Us.
Result of the email?
They'd never received the multiple U2U's.

Now you haven't either.

That makes three people.

(Not including Deson)

Grrrr...

I don't know what's going on here with U2U's - I've even posted on the *board business* section of ATS (what a week ago?) asking about this...

Anyway... Send me a *test* U2U please.
I will use it as a way to *reply* to you - instead of initiating the U2U.
Maybe they'll wok better that way and we can decide what to do between us on the Yydrly now!

hugs
gracie

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I sent you one.
I am assuming that you did not get it or can't reply.

I want to get moving, hopefully Neno pops up soon.
Rabbit you can post something. You seem to be rather scientifically oriented. When we going to get the Opchinihoochi's?
Meet the Big Rip in space and stuff?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Neno if you don't want to post Mary Bransom speach, I could summarize the rest of the meeting so we can move on?
Up to you.

Yeah, go ahead and summarize it. I seem to be having brain cramps or something, and can't parse the Bransom post right in my head. I had considered having her attempt to open noegotiations, and having neno shut her down by telling her that the capture mission comes first - work before play, that sort of thing, but just can't seem to get it straight.

Ever have one of those days? Sometimes, I have one of those weeks!

PS - re: your new avatar. The blue lady as a redhead. NOW WE'RE TALKIN'! neno would have a coronary! He ain't a YOUNG man anymore, ya know?

[edit on 2009/10/29 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I want to get moving, hopefully Neno pops up soon.
Rabbit you can post something. You seem to be rather scientifically oriented. When we going to get the Opchinihoochi's?
Meet the Big Rip in space and stuff?

I've been in contact with Luder, re: his comeback. The general drift is that the Hootchiecootchies are on the run from the "big rip", and that's why they attacked, seeking new territory to escape it.

That would put the genesis of the Big Rip in the direction of the constellation Ophiuchius, and kills two birds with one stone - the Ouchititchies and the Big Rip, both dangers from the same direction, so we can possibly concentrate forces.

Luder should come sliding and skidding back in at some point with important intelligence on that front.

Hope nobody warlike follows him...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That dashing captian to save the day.
I am excited to see what he brings with him.
I don't know when I will get to summarize the meeting because I just had not thought about it, if anyone wants to this weekend go for it.
I want to work on an NPC post that might be fun, if I can hack it out.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Still no word from Deson...

I'm worried about Deson too, hopefully he'll pop back in shortly.

Studious, are you going to post that entry???

Sorry about the delay, It's posted now.

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
I am going to have to relinquish my position on board the penelope.

Sad to see you go Mr. Toodles.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Studious thanks for posting.
At the end you said the SS could blend in to the surroundings.
Maybe change that to could impersonate a Rigellian or crew member. Read the SS rules if you haven't.

Good post.

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join