It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 191
63
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars
 


Changed line to...

"The Shapeshifter on the other hand will be able to move without scrutiny from the crew."

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Studious]




posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by silo13
 


I sent you one.
I am assuming that you did not get it or can't reply.

I want to get moving, hopefully Neno pops up soon.
Rabbit you can post something. You seem to be rather scientifically oriented. When we going to get the Opchinihoochi's?
Meet the Big Rip in space and stuff?


Yes, that has been my question also, so let us see how many writers we have left after Studious and I will create the necessary NPC's to get us moving.



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Got word from Deson - he's doing great, sends a hello to all and hopes we're having a good time here at the *Meeting*.

I'll be including some of his (past) art here in the Opera soon.

So where we going from here folks?

I've got a day left to write before my big move so please let me know hwat direction you'd like to go in.

Thankers



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Got word from Deson - he's doing great, sends a hello to all and hopes we're having a good time here at the *Meeting*.

I'll be including some of his (past) art here in the Opera soon.

So where we going from here folks?

I've got a day left to write before my big move so please let me know hwat direction you'd like to go in.

Thankers


Please try to clear up Yydryl's leftovers that are keeping the story line static, we should be engaged in dialog about the threats to the "universe" and moving towards the "rift" or the OPhi's, perhaps as a closer "unit".

KMeanwhile happy moving, "smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to"



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I really just have nothing to end this meeting but I will try to stir up something inside and get it done.

Well my rather lame post is up.

Neno tag your it.
Your next.
Take us somewhere.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by cindymars]



posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok the movers are here, lol, moving around me.

I've cleared up some things in my last post (for now)...

- Chumley's taken full command of his tongue and his role as Security Officer, so , he's ready for anyone to use around the table now - or later.

- Carpet has made his way onto the bridge and he’s there for all to use, for now, if needed.

- The Shifter proved in the confusion over Deson not only could he *shift* into Deson but also Chumley.

- The problem of Deson's *seat* at the table is taken care of. (He can't sit, he's a horse type being how in the hell is he going to use a seat)... So in those type of situations he uses a hologram of himself, (half I suspect) to *join meetings*...

- Also, Deson is now at the meeting in his seat as a hologram and can explain (if anyone wants to go there) about him being *taken in* by the Shifter as Chumley.

- So, I'm off into the Center to explore and so Ship‘s bidding.

- Deson has supplied us with the little *Wee* single person machines - (they're a blast) to explore the Center.

Also, it's been said a few times not only is the Center far too huge to explore in an hour or a day, but there are Jungles, vast planes, water, mountains, etc.

Don't ask me how she did it but she did!

Have fun in there all!

So I think that clears up everything I needed to do - whether I'm back tomorrow or in a few days.

Also, I heard I'll be able to (hopefully) get on line in a few days but it will be WAY SLOW. Oh well - better than nothing.

So I'll go back and edit my post in the Opera when I can - I hope in an hour or so between trips.




[edit on 2-11-2009 by silo13]



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Silo! Cindymars! EXCELLENT posts! I particularly liked the notion of the berry liquor. It reminded me of a batch of blackberry brandy I accidentally constructed when I was a teenager.

The WEEh's Im visualizing as a sort of hovercraft with wheels, on the same general plan as a snowmobile.

Now I reckon the ball is in my court, and I have to figure out a way to get to ships's center without Silo, who is already there, to spring that post out. I've already written the general post, but as they say, the devil is in the details, and I need to sort out the details to get me there.

Is Cim able to walk me to it now?

Lemme work on it... * walks off scratching head and grumbling*



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


The WEEh's Im visualizing as a sort of hovercraft with wheels, on the same general plan as a snowmobile.


Welllll, there's a picture of one in the post
But, I actually like the snow-mobile front idea better. Maybe I can change it when I get back...

But for now - I'm off to explore the Center of Ship in all it's grandiose glory...

And off to explore a new home at the same time...

Life/Art or Art/Life...

Have fun all.

Take care while I'm gone - will miss you all - see ya on the flip side...

gracie



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by nenothtu
 


The WEEh's Im visualizing as a sort of hovercraft with wheels, on the same general plan as a snowmobile.


Welllll, there's a picture of one in the post
But, I actually like the snow-mobile front idea better. Maybe I can change it when I get back...



Sorry 'bout that. The pictures weren't there the first time I read it. What you've got there now looks like a hybrid cross between a snowmobile and an ATV, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

My post is up. I had to edit the line of asterix's and shorten it, because it caused the post to go way wide on the page, and I for one am lazy about scrolling horizontally.

I added in the travel time on the path to account for the vast size of the ships center (is that thing between dimensions or something, bigger on the inside than the outside, like Dr Who's Tardis?) and the fact that the first extent of it is jungle. Not having a map of the area, I had to improvise.

I couldn't find anywhere that the cocoons had already been destroyed, as was Silo's intent, so I improvised there too. If they HAVE already been destroyed, it matters not, as the idea of getting to them is what got us to this scene. They don't have to actually be there, but it might help on down the road.

Studious, in the immortal words of John Rambeaux (Rambo if you prefer, but the man was a cajun) "we're comin' for YOU!"


Just kidding. we'll play nice. Come out, come out, wherever you are!



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


I am a bit confused, I dont think going into SHIP's Center puts you right into nature? But only Silo knows. Also I didn't think the caccoons were in SHIP Center but I also don't know for sure.

Good post Neno, are we going to have a roll in the jungle. joking!


OMG I went back to the begining and realized we have been at theis since March of last year. I wish Whisper would return.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by cindymars]



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

I am a bit confused, I dont think going into SHIP's Center puts you right into nature? But only Silo knows.


I got that notion from some of Silo's posts, and especially her most recent one, with the picture of the jungle right at the mouth of the cave.



Also I didn't think the caccoons were in SHIP Center but I also don't know for sure.


I'm not clear on that either (which means neno might not be that clear either, especially give the alcohol you've been plying him with, naughty girl! I think you need a spanking!
), but I thought the cocoons were in some sort of room or enclosure right off of the Ship's Center, since that's where Studious crashed, and he found them while looking for a place to hide.



Good post Neno, are we going to have a roll in the jungle. joking!



I KNEW there was some reason you were trying to get neno drunk! You're gonna take unfair advantage of him, aren't you?




OMG I went back to the begining and realized we have been at theis since March of last year. I wish Whisper would return.


I thought she was going to return after school started, but she may have found other pursuits to occupy herself. I've not heard from her in a while.

[edit on 2009/11/3 by nenothtu]



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Good post Neno, are we going to have a roll in the jungle. joking!




"Let's bungle in the jungle --- well, that's all right by me.

I'm a tiger when I want love,

but I'm a snake if we disagree."

-Ian Anderson, Jethro Tull

I'm thinking a degree of tension between the two characters might not be a bad thing to play off of, from a writer's standpoint.

What is, but shouldn't be.

What isn't, but should be.

What could have been, but never was.

What was, and regrets produced.

What wasn't, and regrets produced.

The possibilities are limitless, it all depends on the direction taken next. Or after that. Or after that.

You get the idea. Keep in mind that neno had a vague "familiar" feeling about the Blue Lady he saw onscreen at the first encounter between the two ships, oh so long ago. What was that about? An ancestral memory? Some memory from his own past that he's blocked, or has been blocked for him? Was it just the process of having his vibrational awareness raised? Or was it just a bad ham sandwich?

Also keep in mind that he hasn't yet connected THAT Cim to the Cim before him now, in a new guise.

There was an allusion back then that the vibrational raising, and the resulting coma, had some sort of "effect" on him, that even neno doesn't realize yet.

Like I said, the possibilities are endless. I'll leave it in your capable hands to run with, or not, as you see fit, and I'll just fall in wherever. Sort of like the hand thing.



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


It will probably occur to Neno when he sees her blue. In the meantime some flirting.



posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by nenothtu
 


It will probably occur to Neno when he sees her blue. In the meantime some flirting.


"It"? Ah yes, a woman of mystery... I kinda like that quality!


Neno can handle a bit of flirting, I think, in an awkward sort of way.

Once he gets done blubbering, that is...


Now I'm wondering just what all that blue pendant DOES! Not just me, but I'm sure suspense is a GOOD thing for the readers as well!



posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


I would love to tell you and the readers what the blue pendant does, but as of yet......I have no idea.

I just thought to give it a possibility for future use.



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Neno if we are trking in the jungle we would have had to take supplies, a backpack or something. Should we assume or should I fill that in next post. What is next?

Yoowoo Mr. Rabbit, Studious......where are you guys?
Rabbit why dont you come over to Yydryl and join us.
Slap Mary or something more fun than that.



posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars
 


neno probably wouldn't have taken a backpack, since he didn't expect what was there, much less that much of it. Unless we plan on spending a lot of time there, like days, or at least past lunch, backpacks probably wouldn't have been taken.

I got a feeling that neno may want to pack a bag some time for an exploration, though, now that he knows what's there.

A rucksack, and probably a hammock, whenever he gets back by the StarWolf.

You KNOW in SciFi those dinky little ships always manage to have one of everything you'll ever need!

Unless Studious jumps out of the bushes, or the shapeshifter shows up, I guess we need to figure out where the cocoons are, and move towards them. Wish Silo had left us a general plan of ships center, so we knew what was where, and about how much.



posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Neno if we are trking in the jungle we would have had to take supplies, a backpack or something. Should we assume or should I fill that in next post. What is next?

Yoowoo Mr. Rabbit, Studious......where are you guys?
Rabbit why dont you come over to Yydryl and join us.
Slap Mary or something more fun than that.


You could of course look under the seats and find a Deson standard treking package that includes tent and hammock!


As for visiting, well someone has to oil the door hinges on Penelope and I seem to be the only one with the can of WD40!

Meanwhile the universe still has a rip in it's tent flap and we are sitting around admiring the flora and fauna! (pssst! if you see rabbits I'm fond of rabbit stew!)

Now we have two big and powerful ships sitting at the traffic lights revving their engines and going no where!

Just where is the Daring Do? Just where is the kicking of butts? the mending of space time fabric?

Perhaps I'll paint the Penelope pink, or lilac, maybe some floral emblems, or better yet I'll give the engines a run by doing donuts in the planet's atmosphere!



posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit
 


So write it, the rip, the enemy, anything you want.
You could have incoming information and set something up.



posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by prof-rabbit
 


So write it, the rip, the enemy, anything you want.
You could have incoming information and set something up.


Ok, does anyone know where our illustrious captain is? or will I need to wing it and just get a "nod" from the Captain?

I do have an idea....... some Op#@%^^&* craft drop out of hyper space on a course to the planet, (we can offload the "delegation" for safety thereby getting rid of them) duck behind the moons (catch them in the cross fire) blow them to bits and capture a message about the "rift" ?

If you agree raise my hand!




top topics



 
63
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

log in

join