It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO I photographed, image experts needed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
OK, I'm confused.

Are these pictures consecutive. Were they one right after the other?
How many seconds apart are they?

Have you thought about putting them together in an animated gif?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What was the aperture and shutter speed setting for these photos?

Scratch that, the exif is intact.

[edit on 3/14/2009 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I thought it could be a good idea to join all the photos to see how the "UFO" was traveling across the scene, and this is the result.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e25558a63326.jpg[/atsimg]

Then, using the time from the EXIF data, this is the time it took for the object to travel from each position to the next.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7991eb61f4d.jpg[/atsimg]

It's strange that the movement does not look uniform.
(not any more, see edit below)

PS: I am glad that these photos were not uploaded to the ATS Media Portal, it re-encodes the images and erases the EXIF data, making it useless for this type of use.

Correction
My previous attempt to show the time elapsed between photos was wrong, I used the wrong time.

So, my previous comment about the movement not looking uniform should be disregarded, but I thought it best to leave it there (I don't like to change what people have already read).

The image is now the correct one, so no discrepancies.

Click the images for full size versions.

[edit on 14/3/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I
OK, I'm confused.

Are these pictures consecutive. Were they one right after the other?
How many seconds apart are they?

Have you thought about putting them together in an animated gif?

i put them in a gif, looks like a plane, dude said was 30 seconds for the 8 fotos

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Very nice find, amazing what we over look isn't it.

I have to agree with an earlier post....My God it is beautiful where you are and I too am very jealous.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Maybe that should be brought up on the suggestions board since it effectively renders any 'Original' image uploaded there useless...

P.s.

That kind of analysis is bloody genius by the way. Knowing frame and focal information we can actually draw probability graphs of relative size and/or velocity from that kind of framing.

Never thought of that.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Absence of Self]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I agree the Exif is everything. I did not know that it is lost in the conversion to the ATS media servers. Very important to know. Glad he put them intact on photobucket!

Great work so far ArMap, I was trying to make vid clip out of the pictures with accurate spacing,
But I could not get the vid to convert correctly (totally my lack of understanding how to do it) so I will leave it to you video experts.

It is rare we get tripod mounted sequential photos like this.
sequence timing, from left to right:
1) 17:49:46
2) 17:49:58
3) 17:49:59
4) 17:50:04
5) 17:50:12
6) 17:50:13
7) 17:50:15
8) 17:50:40

Now I will see if I can find out the weather conditions (wind speed and direction)
for that date time and location.

Great work ArMap..I hope Internos sees these as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Excellent work ArMaP.

The object moves quickly in a straight line maintaining cohesion over what seems to be a large distance, therefore a cloud seems unlikely.

The speed and shape would seem to rule out a flock of birds although without knowing the distance it's hard to guage the speed.

The straight line and apparent speed do suggest a jet to me. I wonder if what we are seeing is a short vapor trail from a distant jet. I actually saw a vapor trail the other day which was dark. The sun was setting as in the picture, so I assumed that maybe the shadow of the earth was being cast on the trail (I'm sure someone here can explain if this is possible). The trail I saw was a long continuous line but I've also seen trails that dissipate quite a short distance from the plane (something to do with outside temperature and altitude I think?)

It's certainly an intriguing set of photos, thanks for sharing them with us Waldy.

EDIT: Waldy, do you know if there is a regular flight path over the area? This would give credence to my hypothesis.

[edit on 14/3/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not this guy again!!!
Reasons it's a fake

1. No description of the object
2. Nothing out of the ordinary in pic
3. Too dam lazy to ZOOM in on the object

Make some effort next time thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good work!
I could not have as detailed exif image info... it only showed me hours and minutes... So the data has given my theory a big twist.
I doubt a bird would be able to have such speed variations at all...

Well Done. There is more to the images after all.

Guess what!
Today i had my first sighting my self and also took photos.

I am trying to organise into making a thread. I tried to upload to Ats but i get an error message. Propably the photos are too large. I wanted to upload the originals and then i found out just a few minutes ago that ats reencodes the material posted. So i will go back in this thread and see where these images were hosted so that the originals are available along with the exif data. Any help is welcome both before and after posting.
Just u2u me.

(this is the first personal encounter i have)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He never even took the time to upload the pics to paint and circle the "object"
That's the least you could do

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The second image I had posted was wrong (the times were wrong), now is the correct one.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

OK!

So now the thing looks like travelling at a constant speed which could make it a bird again...

This speed looks quite ok for a fast moving bird. Just me....

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Not this guy again!!!

Do you know him? and can you post a link supporting why you said that?

Reasons it's a fake

The photos are very real, and they have the EXIF untouched data with them.
You do know what Exif data is...don't you?

1. No description of the object

He wasn't taking pictures of the object...he just noticed them yesterday.
But you would know that if you made the effort to read this thread!

2. Nothing out of the ordinary in pic

Look again.. and if you KNOW what is moving in the sky in these pics. please enlighten us with you proof.

3. Too dam lazy to ZOOM in on the object

Your too dam lazy to read his posts..let alone the whole thread

Make some effort next time thanks.

Make some effort to derail some other forum ...thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I am glad he did not did it, it would have ruined the EXIF data with paint, and the object is clearly visible.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The wind seems to be blowing from the left (the clouds are moving) but wind at ground level could be in a different direction. The long exposure 1/3 to 1/2 second make the object look much larger than it really is. Total time is 17 seconds between the 2nd picture (first view of the UFO) and the 7th (last view of the UFO), for a total path length of 529 pixels. For example 1/2.5 second is 12 pixels, that should be subtracted from the visible length, less than 20 pixels in PA266274.

As far as I can see, there is no reason why it can't be a bird.

Edit: corrected calculation for 1/2.5 second, not 1/3 in PA266274.

[edit on 2009-3-14 by nablator]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"Waldy, do you know if there is a regular flight path over the area? This would give credence to my hypothesis."
Just go back to the location and watch as several other aircraft use the same path. Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

Do you know that place? If you do, can you please tell us why are there so many planes flying on that area?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

Why should we move along? The OP has asked for help identifying what is in the photo and people are obliging. Move along yourself.

[edit on 14/3/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

I have to agree with you on this person. He is not using common sense and seems to be agitated inappropriately. I know some people in the Czech Republic who actually sound and operate like this to snipe dead good discussions and claims.

Thanks for pointing this out. We need to keep this process as professional as we can, and spotting for such inappropriate and unsound approaches to a serious discussion is very important.

If you get a few of such attitudes on an otherwise intelligent thread, Mods tend to shut them down. Then it is a loss for everyone. A few weeks ago there was such a thread shut down. I contacted the OP and this turned into a serious investigation. Unfortunately the person may have exposed himself to precisely who we warned him against. We cannot find him, but the information we got through private communications confirms possible evidence rapidly "harvested" by agencies.

Everyone is doing a great job here, helping the OP, great photo forensics and science brought to the fore.

Great work Zeptepi. You should be doing this work for investigative. I'll look you up!

ZG

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join