It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO I photographed, image experts needed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Forgive me if already stated. I don't have but a moment here.

Those photo's were taken in low light which means a long exposure time. You have caught an airplane flying across your shot. It appears as a streak due to motion blur.

It is a UFO and could be other than an airplane flying by at high altitude, but it is unlikely.

Since posting it reduces its size, you should crop the areas in question and post them at full resolution.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wanted to thank the OP. Good post! Photos and the description was sufficient for many sharp ATSers here to do some good work. S&F

I have no time to do much better than Zeptepi and others here, but it looks like we can discount bird or conventional aircraft.

The object profile does not change enough to be a bird or raptor in closed wing speed dive horizontal? So that.

Aircraft also have a different profile. although some jet aircraft have a smaller horizontal footprint, like Stealth class. But I photograph aircraft at great distances to look at how pixel bleed and illuminated surfaces can distort or hide actual object surfaces and overall distortion. This does not look like a conventional aircraft at first glance, so I would look closer, as it warrants such investigation. Speed looks interesting. That it is blurred by the exposure is still interesting.

Shutter speed and for/background objects like cars can be a great reference. I've seen speed accurately determined by such scrutiny. One such was from a web cam showing a long bright object with distinct lights over the Washington Capitol. Comparing the car lights time smearing in the foreground streets having an approximate 40-60 mph we could determine the shutter or CCD speed, and saw it was an airline with blinking running lights showing as distinct lights. That was not considered when it was broadcast as a UFO. People do not always back up their opinions with careful thought.

All in all, good post and for a first timer to boot! Everyone helped and did good careful thinking. ATS should be proud!

ZG

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

At high altitude a plane going by would make such a streak in a long exposure. You would not be able to make out detail.

I am a photographer and I see those streaks all the time. They are always planes when above the cloud plain. They can and often are birds when between the clouds and the camera. With a long exposure time you get just an nondescript streak like in these photo's.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Why does the camera move slightly in the beginning and the end?

And the pictures ( if I've read the metadata right ) are taken with in a 1 minute period. If the object isn't out of sight in that time it must be traveling pretty slowly. And if it travels slowly the motion blur shouldn't occure ( i think ).

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

At high altitude a plane going by would make such a streak in a long exposure. You would not be able to make out detail.

I am a photographer and I see those streaks all the time. They are always planes when above the cloud plain. They can and often are birds when between the clouds and the camera. With a long exposure time you get just an nondescript streak like in these photo's.

I think you've found the explanation. Would you be willing to post an example of your own so we can see the streaking? It would be useful for comparison with this as well as future cases.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
I have no time to do much better than Zeptepi and others here, but it looks like we can discount bird or conventional aircraft.
I don't think so, I think it's most probably a bird.

One of the reasons is that it does not look too high, although I haven't any reference to really judge at what altitude it is flying.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Waldy

Can you tell me what I'm looking for here?
Is it the cigar shaped object in top left cloud?
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

ZG (may I call you ZG?) First of all, the credit for the photo analysis at this point mainly goes to ArMap. He has done the bulk of the investigation to this point. Also to Gouki, GeorgetheGreek, and of course Akezzon for putting them into a sequential vid. (what I was attempting to do...but failed Due to my lack of knowledge on the technique)

All I have done here so far is wait patiently for the OP to put up the photos (which he did), spank an inappropriate assessment, and put up the photo time stamps. Oh ya...and enjoy the excellent work of the aforementioned members!

I still don't know what this is. But by working together with the outstanding data supplied by Waldy, we will form some kind of consensus as to the possibilities.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are only 17 seconds between picture #2 and #7. There is nothing to be seen on #1 and #8. Most of the length of the streak is motion blur because of long exposure time, between 0.3 and 0.5 second.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Weather conditions in Reykjavik Iceland on Sunday October 26, 2008:
7:00PM / 8:00PM
Temp: 33.8F / 33.8F
Dewpoint 23F / 21.3F
Humidity 62% / 60%
Pressure 29.89in / 29.92in
Visibility 6.2Miles/ 6.2Miles
Wind Dir. NNE / NNE
Wind speed 6.9MPH/ 5.8MPH
Scattered clouds/ Mostly cloudy
It had been windy all day with avg. winds at about 15mph with a high gust of 34.5 MPH at 7:00AM (13hours earlier)
It appears that the clock in the camera was set pretty closely as Astronomical Twilight was 8:11GMT on that date.
Source:
www.wunderground.com...

Edit to: correct avg. wind speed from 13mph to 15mph
Peace

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
reply to post by RE2505

Why should we move along? The OP has asked for help identifying what is in the photo and people are obliging. Move along yourself.

[edit on 14/3/2009 by MarrsAttax]

Because I have just told you it's an aircraft. It's painfully obvious it's an aircraft. Some of you are so keen to see something out of this world you can't see what is in front of your nose.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505

Because I have just told you it's an aircraft. It's painfully obvious it's an aircraft.

So everyone should give up in their analysis because RE205 says so?

Some of you are so keen to see something out of this world you can't see what is in front of your nose.

While I agree that it's not likely to be an alien craft, there are other prosaic explanations that cannot be discounted. I don't think we have the definitive answer yet. Thus the interest in the thread continues.

Why don't you post some pictures of a jetliner shot on slow exposure for us to make comparisons of?

IRM

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Fair enough. I was entrigued to see a new "UFO" photograph in the "Aliens and UFO's" forum and wrongly asumed that UFO meant alien craft. Of course what we are looking at are some very nice landscape photographs with indeed a UFO crossing the sky.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

Sorry to bite your head off before. Your first post just seemed a bit dismissive of the good work being done on the thread.

Somewhat unusually for a UFO thread absolutely no one has claimed this was an alien craft.

It's actually quite refreshing.

[edit on 15/3/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Awwww, Think it's time for a:

GROUPHUG!!!

I know, this post don't contribute to this thread in anyway but I thought a post like this can be needed sometimes.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
WoW! You guys are fantastic. Thanks to all of you that took the time to download and analyze the photos. I know there isnt much to work with but I still wanted to share this and get professional opinion.

It looks like the results are either a hovering bird or a faraway jet. I was kinda hoping somebody else had similar pictures of either of the two for comparison but the work some of you put into this far exceeded my expectations.

Thanks guys, you are the best!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join