It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Charges and The Patriot Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was browsing through a Link posted on another thread, (not related) and came across this article.

It's about a Lady Susan Lindauer She was one of the very first people who was arrested and incarcerated under the Patriot Act I found it very upsetting and very disturbing.

She was arrested in 2004 for allegedly acting as an unregistered Agent for pre-war Iraq, she tried to prove through trial that she'd been a US intelligence asset covering Iraq and Libya.

She was locked up in a Military Base in Texas, and a correctional center in Manhatten, she was denied trial or any other hearings, she was only released 5 days before Obamas Inauguration.

During the indictment, she was conveniently gagged from sharing her direct knowledge of Iraqi Pre-War Intelligence, which she gained as a primary asset covering the Iraqi Embassy at the United Nations from August, 1996 onwards. She was also silenced from talking about the advance warning she gave the Office of Counter-Terrorism and U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft's private staff in August, 2001, about possible airplane hijackings and a reprise of the 1993 World Trade Center attack.

How many others like her are locked away somewhere, for similar reasons to this lady? does anyone know if others if any where also released close to the end of the Bush Administration, if what she is saying is right, then this does point to some for knowledge of the 911 attacks, and a blatant attempt to keep her quiet, how is this Patriotic?

What are your opinions?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

my opinion, is i have the exact same feelings that you do.
Except for the fact that this is ANOTHER reason to assume the patriot act was ready and waiting looong before 9-11.
For just that purpose, to arrest and gag anyone who may come out with p knowledge of missed signs, and prior warnings.
I wonder if there is an office of "missed signs and prior warnings" at the white house?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
how convenient indeed.

utterly disgusting.

I hope the truth comes out.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hi there, kitty cat...
Yes indeed, im hoping more each day it does.
And the more i read and absorb here, the more utterly abusive it seems.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Is there a source for that quote...? A site with the article?

I absolutely know the Act was waiting in the wing for the aftermath of 9/11. How many 900+ page reports do YOU think were written, discussed, tweaked, discussed some more, agreed upon and published in roughly two months?

Zero. Of this I am sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wich statement? 'I think we are in agreement it was ready and waiting?
Ill go back and look, but im positive thats what i wrote?????

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
yeah, thats the way im readin it
Sorry if it doidnt come across to you that way, but thats what i meant.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This topic shouldn't about when those bills were written.

But about that the bills are abused to keep people silent, and that was exactly why they were made.

It's absolutely pathetic that this topic only has 2 flags.

I am disappointed in the ATS people on this one,

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Great find!

Do you have a link to this woman's story?

S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2006 she was released from prison after Michael B. Mukasey ruled that Lindauer was unfit to stand trial but that she could not be forced to take antipsychotic medication to make her competent to stand trial.In 2008 Loretta A. Preska of the Federal District Court in New York City reaffirmed that Lindauer was mentally unfit to stand trial.

Shes a wacko.
She was probably trading information with imaginary people.
But to them it was a threat and looked real.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Maybe not so Wacko. Full interview at the link. It is very informative regarding what was known and who knew it before 911.

Link to Article

"For five years, I was the poster child for President Bush's retaliation against Americans who opposed his War Policy in Iraq. In March, 2004 the Justice Department indicted me for acting as an "unregistered Iraqi Agent" (not espionage), because I delivered a prescient letter to my second cousin, Andy Card, former Chief of Staff to President Bush, warning of the dire consequences of War.

"More dangerously, I had decided to talk. In February, 2004 I approached the senior staff of Senators Trent Lott and John McCain and asked to testify in front of the new blue ribbon Presidential Commission on Iraqi Pre-War Intelligence. Within a month, I was astounded to wake up one morning to hear FBI agents pounding on the door of my house in Maryland with an arrest warrant.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I just realized they let her out because they have ruined her reputation by calling her mentally incompetent and needing medication. Who is going to consider her credible now? (besides some of us). She was certainly credible enough while working for the government. I think I might need medication if I ended up in jail for doing what I was suppose to do. Or maybe they were trying to keep her medicated to keep her quiet.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"I just realized they let her out because they have ruined her reputation by calling her mentally incompetent and needing medication."

Considering that 80% of the country is on some form of medication, I think this would make her quite normal.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
link to article

Prosecutors typically disparage appeals by defendants to delay or avoid trial based on psychological stress or suffering. This case is an exception. The United States Government is the party delaying the trial based on their claims of Lindauer's inability to assist in her own defense.

After initially evaluating Lindauer, court appointed psychiatrists in New York argued that her clams of innocence and her willingness to produce witnesses to verify those claims were signs of delusional thinking. However, a Maryland based psychiatrist and two psychotherapists with whom Lindauer visited on a regular basis failed to support the notion of delusions or a debilitating mental illness. Lindauer has told federal authorities continuously that she was a U.S. intelligence asset and she offered to prove that in open court.

It sure looks like the government wanted to drop the case so she wouldn't testify about the things that happened.The court wouldn't declare her sane because she claimed she was an agent. The prosecution used mental incompetence as a direct result of her claims of being an agent.They did ruin her credibility to the court. She isn't nuts but she got left out in the cold by the same people who charged her. Just my opinion. What a coverup.

Does anyone else notice the name of bills do the exact opposite of their name? Example "The Patriot Act". If you're a Patriot and blow the whistle, you get charged with a crime under the act.

Blue Skies, HD

top topics

join