It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Proposes U.S. Gun Laws to Fight Mexican Drug Cartel Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As for drugs, again, to me, its well known, '___' was made and used by the CIA during the 1950's as a truth serum...how does it go from CIA/goverment to the population? Someone on the inside sliped it out thier! How about during the 1970's and 80's MIami was in fact, built with coc aine and coc aine money..they knew and did nothing to stop it, That tells me, THEY, the US government is responable for it coming in. Even my future brother i n law, says he was taught, thats how the CIA gets money to fund it operations..congress would never allow funding for what they do...so they deal/smuggle drugs.
I can see it now, one day we wont be allowed to have a potato gun or pe shooter, and gang gun crimes will escalate. Maybe instead fo targeting us, they should be looking at what the CIA does, and tracking gang members and thier guns.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I saw a special on tv a while back ( summer last year maybe?) and if I remember correctly Pakistan was the largest manufacturer of firearms in the world. turning out some absurd # per day. I will see if I can find the info for it.

The special was presented by some reporter who made it in and was able to video the process first hand because some one knew some one and people where assembling guns by hand in what seemed to be clay buildings just off the main drag.

From what I gathered it was one of the more important sources of income for the country and I bet they have no problem getting them into mexico.

will report back soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This seems to be part of it but it was atleast an hour long show (I think, I am getting older).

www.vbs.tv...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

If the law runs contrary to the Constitution, it is illegal. I will not follow it. They will be welcome to my ammunition, one round at a time.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Good thing we have Chuck Norris here in Texas. He could take out all the gangs by himself.

Chuck Norris for president...of Texas.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It seems that our government and people would have learned from history, every time we supply another country with arms it backfires on us, even when the supply was not legal.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Please remove my post admin I made a mistake

[edit on 14/3/09 by Moreonethananyone]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
They should put armed troops on the border and start frickin killing the illegal immigrants when they try to hop the fence. Those troops should be tasked with annihilating the cartel members when they're bringing drugs in and when they're taking guns over.

The cartels simply can't outgun APC's with air support from Predator drones and Apache helicopters. We have the most powerful military in the world, with the most advanced technology. There's absolutely no reason why a bunch of pot peddling thugs should be outgunning our "border patrol" to smuggle guns and drugs across the border.

It's sad to say it's come to this point, but it has. What purpose does a military serve, if not to secure its nation's borders? Oh, right... securing Iraq.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

They have another... We have illegals in every nook and cranny of the country... What if the majority of them aren't illegals, but actual military? or forces bought by the drug cartels... With the blessing of both govts to start attacking....

Actually all those illegals are the cheap slave labor Cargill, etc will use to run the farms. They are already using "slave labor" overseas, in slaughter houses and on large corporate farms in the USA.

On US guns in Mexico,. Let me see if I have this right.
1. A law was passed to build a border fence, but some how it was never done
2. Texas requested troops to help patrol the border, but that was denied
3. People have requested repeatedly that the illegal alien problem be dealt with, but nothing is done.

Yet Homeland Security has the outright GALL to say the second Amendment is causing the problem??? Am I missing something here?

HEY Obama how about using some of that stimulus money and the jobless to build the border fence instead of using illegals to build a new USDA admin. building?

This is a glimpse of the future Homeland Security wants for us.
I can not find the actual article, but a few months ago there was a story out of Australia (AgMates) about a guy using a primitive weapon to defend his home. The authorities brought charges against him. Teen Gangs are roaming his town and crashing parties, raping girls and causing property damage. The Authorities have done nothing. No that is not correct they arrested the homeowner after he repealed the invaders from his home. But the gang is still running around loose. The story showed a picture of his busted door.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
These cartel bastards are worse than ANY other groups anywhere in the world in regards to their sheer brutality and evil. Less guns in our hands is not the answer, MORE guns in the hands of good men, pointed at those F-ers and smoking are what's needed. They drive around my city (Phoenix) with 'Sinaloa' on the back of their vehicles in big letters for all to see. They kidnapped a 5 year old in Mexico for ransom and when they thought the authorities there were on to them, they injected him with acid (not '___', but acid). A five year old little boy. If our government were really interested in our security, they would take these guys out cross border, just like in Pakistan. F the Mexican government, they are worthless cowards.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You guys just go ahead and shoot yourselves up - literally with bullets and with drugs, and figuratively with propaganda.

Is there any nation more screwed up right now? Maybe you are on a par with Russia in terms of the turmoil and dangerousness of everyday life for the average Joe.

Something is getting seriously more wrong with the American way every single day. The situation on your southern border and in your cities is unbelievably chaotic. All you see is a spiraling up of violence everywhere.

Where will it all end and how soon will it be? Who are you going to take down with you?

This world needs a new leader, and fast.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am just curious as to where they get the full auto weapons, hand grenades, anti-tank launchers and .50 M82 rifles. A request to all ATS member in the US. If any of you can find a guns and ammo store where i can legally buy this hardware let me know. The Cabelas by my house doesn't stock grenades or LAW launchers.

Hmm... I don't think US firearm owners are to blaim for the military grade weapons in their hands. But leave it to Pelosi and the rest of the bumbling fools in Congress and DC to find excuses. Hell, maybe if our border guards were allowed to fight back and patrol the border the way its suppose to be, we wouldnt have this problem.
Do you hear that Pelosi? Protect and enforce the border.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
You guys just go ahead and shoot yourselves up - literally with bullets and with drugs, and figuratively with propaganda.

Is there any nation more screwed up right now? Maybe you are on a par with Russia in terms of the turmoil and dangerousness of everyday life for the average Joe.

Something is getting seriously more wrong with the American way every single day. The situation on your southern border and in your cities is unbelievably chaotic. All you see is a spiraling up of violence everywhere.

Where will it all end and how soon will it be? Who are you going to take down with you?

This world needs a new leader, and fast.

Many of the crime and drug problems in the us could be solved if the Government allowed the average law abiding citizen to defend themselves. Instead we have our hands tied and are told to let them handle it, which as we can see is working out real well. Criminals are ignored, or in some cases allowed to bring up charges against people just defending themselves. Police are only there to clean up after a crime is committed.

I live in NYC my whole life. Nearly 40 years. I've seen crimes occur, been the victim of crime and know many who were victims. At this time we have between 30 and 40 thousand police here. Never have I seen a police officer there to prevent a crime. Never. Yet, we are told to call 911 in case of an emergency. If it's an emergency do you think I have the time to get the phone, dial 911, wait for an answer, explain the situation, give the address then wait for the police to arrive? All while fending off an attacker?

The problem is not guns. The problem isn't even the criminals. The problem is when a person is made into a criminal for defending themselves. If we were allowed to USE all the guns supposedly destroying america you would see crime drop immediately. When criminals face an armed and ready populace they will either die off or get the message and back off.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I live in NYC my whole life. Nearly 40 years. I've seen crimes occur, been the victim of crime and know many who were victims. At this time we have between 30 and 40 thousand police here. Never have I seen a police officer there to prevent a crime. Never. Yet, we are told to call 911 in case of an emergency. If it's an emergency do you think I have the time to get the phone, dial 911, wait for an answer, explain the situation, give the address then wait for the police to arrive? All while fending off an attacker?

My husband and I call 911 and were told we would have to wait until the criminal finished killing the guy before we could report it!!! Cops within sight did NOTHING. I, a little old lady, beat the guy off with the help of my very massive haflinger draft mare. (she will attack anyone who threatens me)

Dispite several witnesses, photo and license number nothing was done.

Interesting that Switzerland REQUIRES every adult male to have weapons in the home and has a low crime rate. But TPTB never look at the stats of what removing gunownership does to crime.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Problem is, the drug dealers will STILL figure out ways to get guns, and then we as a population will be totally defenseless as they run rampant.

DHS isn't thinking about that. I don't think they have the manpower to stop an invasion of cartels if it were to happen.

No, they'd just blame everyone else if the cartels did something like that.

Anyone think that if the guns are American our GOVERNMENT provided them, as they do in EVERY conflict? Hell, we're still selling to Iran, even when banging the drums for war.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It is incomprehensible to me that so many of you actually want to be able to engage heavily armed criminals in an outright gun battle.

What kind of society is that? Ordinary citizens should not need paramilitary training and skills just to survive in their own neighbourhood. Do any of you not see how ridiculous that sounds? I swear, some of you do seem to salivate over the idea though.

That is not what a civilized society is supposed to be like. I understand that government has failed to provide the peace and security you all deserve, but taking up arms yourself is just a reversion to barbarism.

The problem with modern America goes deep. The corruption in business and the anemia of government are not unrelated. I would push to get your government back in the business of providing the kinds of services you need (such as military and law enforcement) and enabling the quality of life you should expect.

edit to add: Maybe if the US paid more attention to its own problems instead of spending gazillions of $ in foreign fights, it might be able to do a better job of protecting its own citizens at home.

[edit on 3/15/2009 by wayno]

[edit on 3/15/2009 by wayno]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Heres some info just out...

www.latimes.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
It is incomprehensible to me that so many of you actually want to be able to engage heavily armed criminals in an outright gun battle.

What kind of society is that? Ordinary citizens should not need paramilitary training and skills just to survive in their own neighbourhood. Do any of you not see how ridiculous that sounds? I swear, some of you do seem to salivate over the idea though.

That is not what a civilized society is supposed to be like. I understand that government has failed to provide the peace and security you all deserve, but taking up arms yourself is just a reversion to barbarism.

We are to suppose then the right to keep and bare arms is a sort of barbarism? If we ever had to apply that right?

With Mexican police quitting the force in droves, it would behoove the locals to get acquainted with some basic squad tactics.

And as a note there were armed citizen groups in the latest LA riots that were able to save their businesses from the torch by presenting an armed deterrent. Crips and Bloods are nothing when they have to face off with dozens of well armed citizens homes.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
MORE guns in the hands of good men, pointed at those F-ers and smoking are what's needed. They drive around my city (Phoenix) with 'Sinaloa' on the back of their vehicles in big letters for all to see. They kidnapped a 5 year old in Mexico for ransom and when they thought the authorities there were on to them, they injected him with acid (not '___', but acid). A five year old little boy.

I read stuff like this and dont know what to say. Except that the FBI and ATF are real bad asses when they got some guy cornered in a log cabin but on the streets of Arizona they are crap little nothings.

Weak effeminate law enforcement metro sexuals.

Somebody must be getting paid off somewhere or is asleep at the wheel.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
reply to post by disfugured

Well what you have to understand is "the law is the law" If they come knocking on your door demanding your firearms, you better do as they say, otherwise you are BREAKING THE LAW, by not doing what you are ordered to do. It doesn't matter if you disagree with gun bans or not. It's the law, YOU FOLLOW IT!

[edit on 13-3-2009 by doorbell412]

WOW listen to this little Brown Shirt! His dad was probably a cop with a personality and identity crisis.

www.youtube.com...

If they say GOOSE STEP you ask HOW HIGH there Doorbell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join