It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Proposes U.S. Gun Laws to Fight Mexican Drug Cartel Violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

DHS Proposes U.S. Gun Laws to Fight Mexican Drug Cartel Violence

www.infowars.com

“The State Department recently estimated U.S.-originated guns were used in 95% of Mexico’s drug-related killings,” the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this week. “Ms. Napolitano has promised a total of $45 million more for border protection next year, but it’s unclear how much of that would be directed toward stemming the flow of guns and money to Mexico.”

In other words, the problem is not illegal immigration or the bankster spawned drug cartel war in Mexico – the problem for the government and the global elite is the American people, their guns, and archaic belief in the Second Amendment and the Constitution.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Unreal...

TPTB will try to figure out ANY loophole or angle that they can as an excuse to disarm the populace.

So now the shootings in the Mexican cartel war are because of AMERICAN guns being used?

Do these people think that the entire populace is completely DAFT?

We really need to keep an eye on these people---They are more dangerous than the cartels to us.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So if you take away a man's pistol, that he uses purely for home defense, that is somehow going to take it out of the hands of a coked-up Mexican drug cartel murderer?

Or banning my right to own a semi-automatic rifle is going to somehow help the failure of a government not get shot up by the drug runners?

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Son Of Liberty]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Problem is, the drug dealers will STILL figure out ways to get guns, and then we as a population will be totally defenseless as they run rampant.

DHS isn't thinking about that. I don't think they have the manpower to stop an invasion of cartels if it were to happen.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How would banning guns in America keep them out of the hands of the Mexican drug cartel? That's one of the most ridiculous lines of thinking I've ever heard. The Mexican drug cartel has gone out of its way to prove that it could care less about ANY sort of law. They are outlaws. Passing more laws has no effect on outlaws. If the Mexican drug cartel wants guns, they'll just bribe or kill whomever they need to until they get what they want. They'll kill cops or soldiers and take their guns. The only way to stop those guys is to either wipe them off the face of the earth, or legalize drugs and remove their reason for existence.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I agree 100%. Gun laws only affect law-abiding citizens. Criminals, like drug cartels, could give a poop about gun laws. They will purchase them one way or another.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Maybe a very large bounty on the head of the leaders of these drug cartels might help more. Let's say that a large group of heavily armed americans crossed the border and just took them out. Would the american government hand them over? Probably. That is what is wrong here. We can stop this drug problem if we really wanted to. The powers that be really don't want to stop the drugs coming into this country.

We could even use a good surgical strike force and take down the leadership. It wont stop all at once but once the cartels learn that anyone in a leadership position will be assassinated it will certainly make them think twice before they do.

When in Rome, we must learn to play by their rules. Certainly a legitimate Mexican government would do little more than say "Oh, you can't do that" and go on about their business.

This situation can be stopped, It just won't be very pretty or civil.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So, we're going to pass gun laws in the US in order to affect Mexican crime? Right. I'm sure that a Mexican drug cartel gives a damn about American gun laws. Lets just call a spade a spade: the Obama administration just wants to curb gun rights for American citizens and will use any reasoning, however idiotic, in order to accomplish it.

The American people can be pretty stupid, but I hate to tell the Obama administration that the people of this country are not quite stupid enough just yet to buy this utter load of crap.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

A State Department travel warning issued Feb. 20, 2009, reflected government concerns about the violence.

"Some recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the warning said. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico, but most recently in northern Mexico, including Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juarez."Source

Hmmm.....

Either those fellas over at DHS have absolutely no idea what the American firearms climate is like (meaning you cant walk into a shop and buy grenades and automatic weapons have been severely limited since the 30's) or they just dont give a flying F how they do it they just want to impose more bans on the public.

They're either incredibly stupid or laughing it up right now and paying out of the office pool to the guy who came up with the winning idea "to save Mexico from drug cartels."

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So now we are passing laws that restrict the rights of our own people for the supposed benefit of foreign residents.

Talk about charity beginning at home.

Of course the Mexican drug cartels will all go back to growing corn just as soon as we outlaw the sale of firearms.

The illogical and fevered attempts to render citizens defenceless continues. Liberals are like rust, they never sleep.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The idea that its guns coming from the US that are in these mexican druglords possession is absurd. These guns come from International arms dealers. People whose job it is to supply groups such as these with every kind of armament known to man. As if these mexican cartels need US citizens handguns and shotguns. They arent even using hand guns and shotguns. They're using weaponry which US citizens CANT purchase. Whens the last time you saw a fully Auto Ar-15 for sale in the USA in large amounts? one here one there, mostly private owners selling them.

If anyone knows where i can go to purchase H&K mp5 please tell me, i've always wanted one, ill travel to all 48 contigous states.

love and light

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How do these bunny-hugging dweebs function? If they try to pass this gun law all you do is tie the American people's hands. "We're suppling their guns." Gimme a break. Are we going to them and saying "Look at this one, you want it?" You can get guns from anywhere in the world, it just so happens that the U.S. is the largest manufacturer of them. OK, let's say we shut down the production of guns here, guess what? There's still millions upon millions of guns out there and they're American made! Won't solve a darn thing. Oh and by the way, they got RPGs. Where do they come from? The military? I won't touch that one with a ten foot pole!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Dont believe these ideas about these killers down there getting guns from the US.

Even if true, it in no way confronts the 2nd amendment any more than drug dealers speaking has anything to do with freedom of speech.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

Thank you M157yD4wn. My thoughts exactly. I was typing while you were posting.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well this is where I step in, if DHS wants to come out of this new war alive then they need to keep the US citizens armed so that they can potentially jump into the fight as additional backup in huge numbers.

I dont know a single gun owner that would not step up to the plate and defend the DHS in an emergency situation against armed bad guys streaming over the border from Mexico armed to the teeth.

They really think civilians are idiots, and yes some are, but not the majority. Most people are responsible gun owners and defenders of justice and their country.

Lets take a look at two different scenarios:

1. Banditos are streaming over the border and guns have been disbanded from the public, the US Security forces are surrounded in a neighborhood by gun toting thugs, meanwhile the citizens are helpless in their homes looking out the window unable to help and watch as the forces are taken down and all chaos ensues as thousands of Mexican flood into the States and break into homes killing every unarmed man woman and child.

2. Banditios are streaming over the border, the US Security forces are surrounded in a neighborhood by gun toting thugs, meanwhile the citizens see what is happening and step out and begin to back the US forces and take down the thugs thereby ending the battle and saving countless lives and the Mexicans retreat back south of the border.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is just what I think.

Sounds like a way to disarm the American people so they have less of a way to defend themselves for their fascist government takeover where they can put a strangle hold on everybody. Absolute power to the government and nothing for people but high taxes and camps if you have an opposing oppinion. This is yet another red flag I bet just for this purpose. These drug lords were probably funded with some of that missing fortune of hard earned American tax money the government some how lost out of thin air and cant account for.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why is this any surprise to anybody? Anything that could be done to portray guns as evil instruments that are of use only to criminals, drug lords, and gang bangers will be pushed.

Please don't fall into the 'do they really think this will help' crowd. Of course they know it will not help. It isn't their intention to help. The agenda is clear. Use whatever propaganda they can to convince americans they should give up their guns. Just watch the news. How many stories of shootings do you see. How often do you see a story of a law abiding citizen protecting themselves. Rarely. You only see the ones where a criminal hurts an innocent person, or a gang member shoots another gang member to show how guns are killing our children.

According to a study by Dr. Gary Kleck guns are used approximately 2.5 million times a year for protection and stopping criminals. Even if this is greatly exaggerated and we cut it down to 500,000, that's over 1300 a day. A day. If you protect yourself, are you going to call the news and announce to the world what happened so the guy now knows your name and where you live? Are you going to file a report with the police so they can question you like a criminal for protecting yourself?

If we wanted to stop the violence from spilling over into the US, we could. It's not pretty, politically correct, or even diplomatic but it could be done.

Mexico is the new way to scare Americans into check. We had the cold war and fear of commies. Let's not forget the non existent devil worshipers that were supposedly kidnapping kids all over the place. Then the PC movement where we had hate groups to fear. Then the terrorists that were gonna get us all.

Now we have grown tired of hearing of terrorists. We no longer fear every bridge and tunnel blowing up. We don't keep as close an eye on that Arab looking guy on the bus. Something new is needed.

Cue up the Mexican drug lords with their automatic weapons, rabid chihuahuas and molotov tacos.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
absolutely ludicrous. I'm sure they are getting such a large number of their weapons from the U.S. that this would make things alot safer in Mexico.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This gun violence is all about supply and demand:

American citizens have a huge appetite for drugs, primarily marijuana. This is an undisputed fact. American laws says possession or use of said drugs are illegal. Enter Mexican drug lords. They provide the drugs for money. Mexican and US government attempts to cut off this flow of money by preventing the trafficking and sale of said drugs. Now, Mexican drug lords have a huge demand for weapons to fight the authorities.

Proposed solution: interfering with the purchase, sale, and owner ship of weapons by US citizens who are

a) not buying drugs
b) not selling drugs
c) not trafficking drugs
d) not involved with drug-related shootings

Sounds dumb to me.

Better solution: find a way to decriminalize marijuana at the federal level, subsidize growth and sales to ensure quality and quantity, license the sale of pot, tax it accordingly, spend the tax dollars on drug education programs.

Result? Mexican drug dealers are forced out of business because there is no profit in it for them, non-violent American users of marijuana are not incarcerated and resume a productive role in society, gun violence in Mexico related to drug trafficking evaporates.

Why is this so hard to figure out? Does any American politician possess the cohones to speak up and address this topic in a rational fashion?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Flag & Stars, DD.

"PROPOSED" . . . not passed...

Keep huggin your rifles, ain't gonna happen. Why? Cause the hypocrite lawmakers love
their Second Amendment rights, too!

[edit on 3/13/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join