It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Proposes U.S. Gun Laws to Fight Mexican Drug Cartel Violence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by backyard guru
They can come up with whatever reason they want, americans have over 220 million guns, way more than the military even has, now if you know about the ammo shortages, there is enough ammo and firepower in the country to absolutely take over. The leadership of France new before they were captured and beheaded that they were pushing things, my guess is ours knows the same.

Yes just look how they are openly making slaves of us and our children. Lining the pockets of many with tax payer backed cash.

They probably are amazed how much they get away with.

We have to consider where our information is coming from these days. Apparently there remains some strong vestige of free press in this country. Yet at the same time we are slammed with propaganda and you will do this and you will do that.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Yeah, after they injected a 5 year old with acid, I can't say I wouldn't enjoy seeing their brains leaking out of very large holes in their heads. The cartels have gotten more and more twisted since they took over the meth market. They stay up for days and turn into monsters, and the police forces are cowards. I really couldn't care less about your foreign opinion though, but thanks for sharing it. Most of us have grown up with guns, they have always been a part of our lives, and they always will be.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here's a crazy idea. How about properly outfitting our border patrol so that they aren't outgunned and outnumbered when the face these scum? No way. That owuld make way too mich sense. It makes much more sense to infringe on the rights of American citizens to own firearms....

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Unreal...

TPTB will try to figure out ANY loophole or angle that they can as an excuse to disarm the populace.

So now the shootings in the Mexican cartel war are because of AMERICAN guns being used?

Do these people think that the entire populace is completely DAFT?

We really need to keep an eye on these people---They are more dangerous than the cartels to us.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The bureaucracies have already shown that they don't want to enforce existing laws. We shouldn't trust them with more power until they show they are serious. The DHS was supposed to build a fence on border. The Border Patrol is supposed to patrol the border and stop smuggling, but they don't. They allow the smuggling by not enforcing current laws and their solution is to take guns away form the rest of us?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The cartels have gotten more and more twisted since they took over the meth market. They stay up for days and turn into monsters, and the police forces are cowards

I still can't see the reasoning in expecting citizens themselves to have or want to deal with this kind of thing themselves. In order to fight that kind of "crazy" you would pretty much have to become that way yourself. Sure a few guys here or there might be up to it, but I don't think you can expect that of everyone. That is why police forces and military exists, because most folks are not up to that kind of fight; at least not until it affects them personally.

At that point, an individual or a few guys might have a hard time against a whole gang. Again, I say, that is what the police, militia and military are for.

Your real problem is that your local, state and fed. government are not owning up to the task. Thats where most of you should be putting your effort - getting those bastards out of office if they are not doing their job ensuring the protection of the average citizen -- and obviously they are not.

Good luck to you. I also grew up somewhat with guns here in Canada, but they were used in the wild against rabbits, bear and deer, not people.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
That is why police forces and military exists, because most folks are not up to that kind of fight; at least not until it affects them personally.

I agree. The problem is the government controls those forces, the very same government that IMO also controls and supports the cartels. Our government is corrupt to the bone, they make TONS of money on fines, and seizures of property, as well as tax dollars that they most likely skim the hell out of and put in their own pockets. The drug war is far too profitable for them to really fight these cartels. They're too busy trying to hide that they ALL have accounts with AIG right now to worry about US citizens being in danger from the monsters they have created. If we don't watch out for ourselves, our families, and our neighbors, nobody will.

At that point, an individual or a few guys might have a hard time against a whole gang. Again, I say, that is what the police, militia and military are for.

That all depends on training and equipment.

Your real problem is that your local, state and fed. government are not owning up to the task. Thats where most of you should be putting your effort - getting those bastards out of office if they are not doing their job ensuring the protection of the average citizen -- and obviously they are not.

See above, also, they won't get out of office, they have things rigged good. The ONLY hope to get them out of office once their corruption can no longer be hidden, is by a well armed and angry population. Otherwise, they will slaughter us. We are cattle to them, and they would love nothing more than to cut our horns off.

Good luck to you. I also grew up somewhat with guns here in Canada, but they were used in the wild against rabbits, bear and deer, not people.

Well, you most likely didn't have a bunch of heavily armed, undocumented zombies trying to out horrify each other to gain dominance right on your doorstep. We do. I will NOT trust my government to protect my family. Canada is quite different, my family is Canadian (Toronto) and I'm the first born in the US. Not that it's gonna change your view, but I can assure you I have no desire to shoot anybody. I will, however, in a heartbeat blow the head off of any man who threatens my family, and anybody who would murder a child in cold blood is a threat to everybody's family. That said, I carry my gun for the same reason you stated your family did, to protect me against hostile wildlife as I am a gold prospector in my free time. We're not all Rambos down here, lol.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join