It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting verdict over cop bashing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A little while back, in North Perth a pub brawl occured.
This pub brawl spilled into the streets, and the police were called.

The police responded, attempted to break up the fight.

One police officer, removed his taster from his holster, and tased a man, as he was preparing to shoot, on of the mans sons came flying at the policeman with a headbutt.

he launched himself from about a metre away, headbutted the policeman, who immediately fell to the ground lifeless.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8112f67bd7f2.jpg[/atsimg]

the policeman is now paralised on one half of his body, in a wheel chari receiving daily medical care.

For about 2-3 months these men have been in court, pleading not guilty to assualting a police officer.

this morning, they were found not guilty.

Barry McLeod faced the most serious count, of doing an act with intent to cause harm, admitting to a ``flying head butt’’ in which he struck Constable Butcher, 33, to the head from behind after the policeman shot his father with a Taser gun.

Robert McLeod later collapsed from a heart attack – his third in three years.

Defence lawyers argued he and the other two members of his family acted in self defence when confronted by police, who they said acted with excessive force as they attempted to arrest them.

Ushered from court in his wheelchair, supported by uniformed police, Constable Butcher told reporters: ``I’m disgusted.’’

www.news.com.au...

Once again, another example that Australia's justice system is totally pathetic.

No matter what, you shouldnt be able to headbutt a policeman so seriously that he's paralised, and get away with it.

For the first time last night, they showed the mobile phone footage that caught the entire incident.

This man came running in full pelt, launchd himself head first from a fair distance away and totally blitzed the copped from the side.

Its absolutley disgusting.

These men, just dont give a dam what they have done to this copper.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b710f464c8e1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Dang you guys in Perth are friggin' Rowdy.
"A flying Headbutt" that's crazy. And not guilty is even crazier. In the US you can get charged with assaulting an officer for hitting a police dog.
In alot of states they've written into law that you can't sue if you're bitten by one.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i heard he was taught by the best headbutter in the world .. zadan zadane

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
weird case indeed.

how can you claim self defense against a cop?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

Thats not funny my mom died from a soccer related headbutt

Or was it that my soccer butt died from mom head. Can't remember

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by donttaserme
i heard he was taught by the best headbutter in the world .. zadan zadane

I think you mean Zinedine Zidane.....and that was a p*ss poor effort of a headbutt, its just that soccer players go down to easy

But on topic, this is a disgrace. Headbutting is not a form of self defense, especially if you have thrown your entire body at someone. This guys career and life have been almost ruined

Our justice system is an absolute joke

And I would like to wipe that smirk of his face too

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just disgusting, i still cant get over this.
If I was a cop, id be raiding a bikie hideout, and arresting the first biking I can for something minor

'' listen mate, this is your third strike for stealing dvd players. Your off to prison if I charge you for this. But I tell you what, ill drop these dvd players off a bridge, if you wipe the floor with some piss ant. ''

these guys have targets on their backs now.

They probably would of been safer in prison.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I agree with the jury, and i've never had the chance here but there are several reasons I would attack a cop here if I saw something.

Tasering children, expect me to do a flying headbutt and you better get to your gun before I do officer.

Tasering elderly again you better get to your gun before I do.

Anyone d taking out a cop doing these things I would AQUIT at trial also.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Tasering elderly again you better get to your gun before I do.

Anyone d taking out a cop doing these things I would AQUIT at trial also.

Oh so you're one of these cop haters Im assuming

And if that guy was old enough to be involved in a full blown drunken brawl, and resist arrest, then he's old enough to have his ass tased

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

A child wasnt being tased, it was a 50+ male adult.
And if he's old enough to be fighting in a pub brawl, there's no reason he cant be tased.

Do you think cops just walk around tasering people for the hell of it?
Or perhaps they had a highschool biff and he wanted revenge?

The police were called out to this pub brawl.
It happened.
This man was involved, thus why he was being arrested.
he resisted arrest and fought back ,so the policeman did as he was instructed and tased the man.

We as members of this community enpower police to make arrests and dictate the law, there are bad cops yes, but a flying headbutt is not the way you protest or calm down a copper.

Its absolutley idiotic to the core to believe assaulting police officers because you dont like them, or agree with them.

if you dont like it, go be a cop and show how its meant to be done.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by OzWeatherman

A child wasnt being tased, it was a 50+ male adult.
And if he's old enough to be fighting in a pub brawl, there's no reason he cant be tased.

Huh?

Thats what I am saying

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

My bad man, replied to wrong post! ;o)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
So.

While the first victim was being tasered, his son, knowing about his father's heart condition - risked his life to save his father. Such cheeck!

How base of him - the absolute temerity of his willingness to exercise such protective instincts is disgusting.

Barry McLeod should have let the cop taser his father to death. It would have been the right thing to do.

When Barry McLeod saved his father, who later had a heart-attack from the taser (oh, wait - tasers are harmless...), he was doing a badf thing,.

Watching your farther be elecrotortured to death at the hands of an Officer of the Law is an honourable thing... Barry McLeod should have been more grateful to witness such an event. By headbutting the officer, he certainly wasn't being gracious for the gift of free electricity.

And look at all the hassle he caused!

..this is no way for a citizen of the new world order to behave. Supplicance is the new Brave... Sheesh.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

oh my lord, for one in 1000000 a cop came out on the wrong side of a deal, wah wah wah. Police brutalize people EVERY SINGLE DAY, theres literally thousands of occurrences daily.

What you guys fail to realize is that TO SERVE AND PROTECT has nothing to do with us, they are in place to serve and protect the corporation. We are all employees of the state corporation. Who gives a # about a cop.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by king9072]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I started a thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My sentiments are the same as yours Agit8dChop, to see these guys get away with fighting and attacking police is ridiculous.

If the father didn't want to get tasered maybe he should have decided not to turn on the cops.

And if his son wanted the cop to not taser him, maybe he should have stopped fighting a well...

top topics

join