It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and Cloud-Cuckoo-Land

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

I'm not rattled at all.
Just find the fact that you are not posting the sources....actually posting them in this thread and are saying that this is THE Atlantis....well...laughable.

Honestly....I'm not rattled, just quite shocked that someone would actually state that Atlantis, as described by Plato, has been found.

You've made my day....cheers

[edit on 13/3/09 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's interesting if a neolithic settlement has been found on the Pannonian Plain dating from that time. Presumably it's more than a hunter-gather settlement? Ought to be a major archaeological story. But I would love to know why they assume it was the origin of Plato's story.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Parta

I'm not rattled at all.
Just find the fact that you are not posting the sources....actually posting them in this thread and are saying that this is THE Atlantis....well...laughable.

Honestly....I'm not rattled, just quite shocked that someone would actually state that Atlantis, as described by Plato, has been found.

You've made my day....cheers

if someone finding it brings you pleasure then i'm delighted. lotsa pleasure coming your way. enjoy it with me.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta
if someone finding it brings you pleasure then i'm delighted. lotsa pleasure coming your way. enjoy it with me.

Mmmm....if you search the archives of ATS, they found Bigfoot recently...I'm not joking.
They scheduled a press conference and everything.

Here ya go.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy, It's right up your street I'm sure.

Oh and it's not the "them finding it" bit i find funny.... It's the you believing it that i find funny.

Cheers for the fun man

I can't wait til i read about this somewhere or it's on the news.... I'll go take a dive and look for myself...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
But I would love to know why they assume it was the origin of Plato's story.

i guess its the right size, right shape, right manmade features, right date, on a sea noone knew was there, near a huge mysterious city they just discovered that exactly fits the description of homers troy.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Parta]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Oh and it's not the "them finding it" bit i find funny.... It's the you believing it that i find funny.

so its bitter disappointment youre in for? thats too bad.
i'll still be having my pleasure.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Parta]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Right last post.... honestly... the old saying about arguing with a fool springs to mind..

Atlantis, as described by Plato....has NOT been found... FACT.

If you want to believe stories about it, that is fine.

I am in for truth and facts....not delusion and myths.

I only hope i am wrong and they honestly have found it... i will be gracious and apologize and eat humble pie...i can assure you of that.

But i can also assure you that i wont need to.... for it has NOT been found and probably never will.

Cheers....

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sorry Parta, thought you might have read the abstract at least. It's something of an exaggeration to say the paper was presented by the Romanian Geological Institute itself. . . .

www.scribd.com...

[edit on 13-3-2009 by Osmoses]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

fact? so you do have a source? i have a source that says its a fact too. mine is a national geologic institute of a european community country. who is yours? you? who are you?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

fact? so you do have a source? i have a source that says its a fact too. mine is a national geologic institute of a european community country. who is yours? you? who are you?

Your source does not provide evidence that the Atlantis described by Plato has been found. No-one has ever found the Atlantis described by Plato. That is a fact.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

But I would love to know why they assume it was the origin of Plato's story.

i guess its the right size, right shape, right manmade features, right date, on a sea noone knew was there, near a huge mysterious city they just discovered that exactly fits the description of homers troy.

I'm intrigued to know that they have discovered a Bronze Age city 6,000 years before the start of the Bronze Age. If true it's the biggest archaeological discovery of all time. Do they have evidence the inhabitants were neaten by 2 goats (which is all Athens consisted of at the time) begfore the City was destroyed by an Earthquake?

Do you have any reference to the archaeological excavations of the site?

On another note, I'm aware that Plato may have plagerised Homer to some extent.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osmoses
Sorry Parta, thought you might have read the abstract at least

www.scribd.com...

i thought maybe you had emailed them and they gave you the report. what do they say... romanian isn't a nationality, its a profession.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Your source does not provide evidence that the Atlantis described by Plato has been found. No-one has ever found the Atlantis described by Plato. That is a fact.

i thought you only had the abstract. which atlantis are they talking about?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Sorry Parta, thought you might have read the abstract at least. It's something of an exaggeration to say the paper was presented by the Romanian Geological Institute itself. . . .

www.scribd.com...

I hadn't seen that. Thks

Looks like it's on par with Von Daniken and Sitchen in terms of reliabilty - when it uses the Revealation of St John as sole evidence of an event 11,600 years ago we know we're not talking real archaeology or geology.

Sorry Parta, but you've fallen for scam

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

[

Do you have any reference to the archaeological excavations of the site?

On another note, I'm aware that Plato may have plagerised Homer to some extent.

which site? iarcuri? there are three published reports so far. the second one [2006] says that the first [1993] is all lies and the third one is goethes first year results. the sources charge for them but i'll see what i can do.

all atlantis enquires need to be addressed to the owners of the copyright. national geological institute bucharest.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

www.scribd.com...

I hadn't seen that. Thks

Looks like it's on par with Von Daniken and Sitchen in terms of reliabilty - when it uses the Revealation of St John as sole evidence of an event 11,600 years ago we know we're not talking real archaeology or geology.

Sorry Parta, but you've fallen for scam

the meteor shower which many many scientists believe happened sounds biblical to them. that is a problem?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

the meteor shower which many many scientists believe happened sounds biblical to them. that is a problem?

What meteor shower? And how does it relate to the Atlantis story or the Bible?

I assume you're referring to the Firestone hypothesis of a cometary impact in N America c12,000 years ago?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
well i assume its firestone but they are using the younger dryas date.

in the carpathian basin the firestone date corresponds to a layer of charcoal on meadow at the base of the biggest flood event recorded in the core. there was another flood about 5000 years later but with no charcoal. this later one corresponds to the flood which wiped out every single settlement in the danube gorge. it also corresponds to the apparent sudden gain of 300meters of erosional basis at kofels.

you know the encyclopedia judaica has some odd entries concerning the flood and austria and the jewish kingdom established there shortly after the flood. [stockerau i think is a good search term there]. apparently a waldensian elder named hagen was burned for saying the same things in the 15th centiry.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Why then is no-one looking for Cloud-Cuckoo-Land?

Guess I'll have to read Aristophanes' work, but I doubt he:
1. insists three times the tale is true
2. gives geographical references for the places location
3. gives exact measurements of buildings, plazas

Again, will have to go read it....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Quite honestly because the name itself. People think Atlantis sounds cooler than cloud-cuckoo-land. The latter sounds like a fairytale. But Atlantis......oh Atlantis......

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join