It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Gravestone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
So I was visiting Bardstown, KY last weekend with my husband, and I was taking some pictures in the cemetary behind the old Jail which was built in 1797. This Jail is infamous for a shooting with Jesse James aswell as frequent hangings. So needless to say, negative energy has surrounded the grounds for centuries.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/747dd58533ad.jpg[/atsimg]

When I first saw this gravestone I could not tell what the original image was, because of all the erosion from the hundreds of years that this gravestone has been here. But it appeared that it might of been an angel. So I took a picture of it anyways, because I thought it was beautiful.

But when I got home, and took a closer look at what I saw in the photo, it looks to me like the image of a Demon. Pointy head, big narrow eyes, bearded chin, sitting indian style with possible wings. Here is the original and brightness altered image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf436343b74e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fb08eeabb3a.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, sure this could and may very well be just a trick on the eyes. But I do think it is very interesting that so much bloodshed occurred right on this land behind the Old Jail.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I do see something in the headstone. I see a sideways view of a thin oval head with alien like eyes, one arm reaching up and the other in it's lap, and it's sitting cross legged. Is that what you are seeing?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Hello! I can see what you're describing. I wasn't able to in the first picture, but when I saw the second I saw what you meant. It's very interesting IMO. I don't doubt that place would harbour some negative energies. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yes that exactly! Creepy isnt it!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I see a skinny deamon looking thin with an oval head wearing some sort of crown sitting on a throne.
does anyone else see this?

EDIT: also some skull like faces on the left.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by iced_blue]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Go along the left side from the head of the main picture down to the bottom there is about 6 faces on the left that are human. "look for eyes they are easier to spot if you do.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Neat, I can see the same thing. I saw that before I read that's what everyone was seeing.
It's only a trick of the eyes, but it's pretty freaking cool.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

The pictures look like some sort of gargoyle. I remember hearing stories of them being used to keep evil spirits away, so maybe this was some sort of protection for the person buried there.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
so, the question would be, why is the "carving" on the body of the stone very eroded and the decorative carving on the top hardly eroded at all?

i don't think it's a carving, i think it's a combination of lichen and discoloration on the stone.

the best way to figure this out would be to take a rubbing of the stone, if it's a carving then the rubbing would show it quite clearly.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There is nothing there. You're imagining it.

If I look at this picture long enough, I can see the full silhoutte of an anorexic woman, a very old looking alien, a screaming face, and a swan from the neck up.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I see a headstone, that is all

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I see the optical illusion.
Its just playing tricks with your eyes.
But kind of looks like a demon or Alien.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cb7dd8d2aba.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Looks to me like a old grave stone that was once painted with a scene, the 'demon' head looks like a horses head if you pull it into photoshop and lighten it up , and to the left and a little lower looks like a side view of a woman with black hair and a blue dress with her hand out to the horse.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just to emphasize what a load of crap this is, here is all the stuff I found looking at the picture for about 5 minutes. This doesn't even include one I saw this morning that I couldn't find again:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't sound sacrilegious, but I see a crucified dead alien.
I can also make out an arm wrapped around the abdomen area as if they are removing him from his crucified position.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
not meaning to be an a-hole...

But i see Jebus in toast!

Sorry couldnt help myself!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Looks to me like a old grave stone that was once painted with a scene, the 'demon' head looks like a horses head if you pull it into photoshop and lighten it up , and to the left and a little lower looks like a side view of a woman with black hair and a blue dress with her hand out to the horse.

Yep you got it, horse head, it looks like a horse head.
Perhaps it was a cowboy.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I hope this doesn't sound sacrilegious, but I see a crucified dead alien.
I can also make out an arm wrapped around the abdomen area as if they are removing him from his crucified position.

Judging by the picture you use you seem to like to surround yourself with stuff like this so of course your going to see what your imagination is already geared to take in.

And those who say all they see is a tombstone give me a break. There is obviously a picture of a demon/gargoyle here with a long face and wings it's plain as day.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm sure you can see all sorts of things if you look long enough but you can bet that the original carving would have been something scary...

Early monuments and grave stones in Europe and in old New England were crude and were carved with frightening motifs like winged skulls, skeletons and angels of death. The idea was to frighten the living with the very idea of death. In this way, they were apt to live a more righteous life after seeing the images of decay and horror on the markers of the dead. It would not be until the latter part of the 1800’s that scenes of eternal peace would replace those of damnation.

Gravestones

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Without a doubt it's one of these:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a61c60be6d8.jpg[/atsimg]

...maybe even a queen:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce5f086620d2.jpg[/atsimg]

Good find!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>