It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ever Happened To The Dislosure Project Set Up By Stephen Greer?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
They have made some bad mistakes in the past yes.

But the technologies described in their briefing document are real and worth looking in to.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Full briefing document here

www.theorionproject.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROTJ6
But the technologies described in their briefing document are real and worth looking in to.

And how do you know this?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Why, from research of course!

As far as I can tell, the Orion Project is legit. The technologies they are talking about are real. Do people care? Probably not - the loathing runs deep

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Well Sept. 11th happened.

Then some stupid videos of a moth and rods which destroyed all credibility. Very sad as he had some very credible people willing to testify in front of congress.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Starwatcher]

Yea, his timing could not have been any worse.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Not to state the obvious, but I think he got disclosed.
Sorry, had to be done.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

As far as I can tell, the Orion Project is legit. The technologies they are talking about are real.

Sure they are. And Greer is going to save the world from ourselves. If only the evil United States government would release the technology!

Here is a great expose of Greer from 1997...

Greer has brought the highest level of theatrics to UFO calling, but he
isn't the first to try it. Ever since the UFO age began, eager-beaver
contactees have felt the need to reach out and touch. The granddaddy of
them all was a 1950s-era occultist named George Adamski, who claimed that
he met a handsome Venusian in the California desert and even had an
assistant take plaster casts of the being's footprints. While Greer is
less bold than Adamski in his claims, he inspires the same question:
What's the motivation here?

Lately, several ex-CSETIans and former employees, put off by what one
calls Greer's "bullying" style, have defected and started talking. The
portrait they paint is of an egotistical fraternity president, the type of
guy who believes mawkishly in the values he represents but doesn't much
care about his pledges except as dues payers.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

No, that is not it at all. They are asking the Obama Administration for funding and support for the technologies, not calling them evil.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No, that is not it at all. They are asking the Obama Administration for funding and support for the technologies, not calling them evil.
\

Right...that is not implied at all in Greer's rantings. The severity of the implication varies depending on the hat Greer wears. If it is the Orion Project hat, the United States is just suppressing the technologies. If it is his prophet-of-the-coming-space-brothers hat, the United States is planning on starting a war against the aliens in a plot to rule the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What a joke that was. Intentional or not, it was disinfo at its finest. Put up the best stuff you can find and then connect it to the smarmiest pseudo-science imaginable.

If Greer was not a deliberate plant, he was certifiable, and either way, the whole episode shows that many in the UFO movement are loons willing to believe almost anything. If someone really wanted disclosure, they would attempt to research (no, I mean actually do some legitimate research) and publish, using only the most unimpeachable sources possible. Another circus is not needed.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its revealing that many cynics enjoy attacking Stephen Greer (who did quite a good job of collating all the reports and accounts from professional US Air Force personnel and high ranking officials) but are actualy loathe to address any of the actual testimony given.

Its also interesting that the first ever director of the CIA ,Roscoe Hillenkoetter was also calling for sworn testimony to be given in US Congressional hearings as far back as 1960:

"It is time for the truth to be brought out... Behind the scenes high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.... I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unidentified flying objects."
Former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, signed statement to Congress, August 22, 1960.

Maybe John Podesta might have some luck:
www.youtube.com...

Full two hour disclosure testimonies citing radar confirmed UFO incidents
and sworn testimony from professional,credible individuals with relevant security clearances.
Part 1:

Google Video Link

Part 2:

Google Video Link

I think the testimony below is quite intriguing as USAF Radar controller Michael Smith states that when UFOs are captured,tracked and plotted on USAF radar, it is standard operating procedure to notify NORAD immediatley;not to write anything down and to keep it to yourself on a strictly need to know basis.

He also says NORAD informed him to lie to police officers who were reporting UFOs by telling them they were not picking any objects up on radar (when in fact they were):
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Its revealing that many cynics enjoy attacking Stephen Greer (who did quite a good job of collating all the reports and accounts from professional US Air Force personnel and high ranking officials) but are actualy loathe to address any of the actual testimony given.

We have addressed the testimony. Perhaps you would like to go back and read the opening posts of this thread; while we did not address specific cases, we did address the testimony in general.

Originally posted by karl 12,Roscoe Hillenkoetter was also calling for sworn testimony to be given in US Congressional hearings as far back as 1960...

Do you have a link so we can read the full letter and understand its context?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
We have addressed the testimony. Perhaps you would like to go back and read the opening posts of this thread; while we did not address specific cases, we did address the testimony in general.

Ha ha ha ha -good one.

No seriously- please feel free to 'actualy address' some of the testimony in the two hour interviews instead of just cynicaly besmirching the character of just one man.
You could start by focusing on the testimiony of USAF Radar controller Michael Smith and then go on to the many other trained professionals,officers,diplomats,colonels,pilots,FAA Officials etc..

Do you have a link so we can read the full letter and understand its context?

Yes theres a comprehensive history of these and other authenticated documents in the book 'UFOs and Military Intelligence-Need to know' by author Timothy Good,I'm surprised you're not aware of it -could this be one of the reasons you have such a flippantly dismissive attitude towards the UFO subject?

Book:
www.nationmultimedia.com...

Here are some others:

"Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitude and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major US defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles."
Dr .H Marshall Chadwell, former assistant director of the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence, in a December, 1952 memo to then-director of the CIA, General Walter B. Smith.

“Maximum security exists concerning the subject of UFOs.”
Allen Dulles CIA Director, 1955.

Letter to the Commander of the Army Air Forces on the subject of "Flying Discs" dated September 23, 1947 from Commander of the Air Materiel Command, Lieutenant General Nathan Twining:
a) The phenomenon reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious.
b) There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disc, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as a man-made aircraft.
c) The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically or remotely.

Also from a declassified Canadian government document about how the United States regards the UFO subject:
a) The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb.
b) Flying saucers exist.
c) Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Doctor Vannevar Bush.
d) The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance.

John Greenewald Junior also discusses the subject of government documentary evidence in this presentation:

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No seriously- please feel free to 'actualy address' some of the testimony in the two hour interviews...

There is nothing to say about them. What we have are ancedotes, nothing more. Without evidence we can neither confirm nor deny their stories. Whether you believe them or not is a matter of faith.

then go on to the many other trained professionals, officers, diplomats, colonels, pilots, FAA Officials etc...

In the absence of evidence, why should we believe them over the other officials who deny the existence of such things? Again, it is a question of faith.

Yes theres a comprehensive history of these and other authenticated documents in the book...

I did not ask for a book title, I asked for the document. You are dodging the question and attempting to derail by making the subject about me. Show us the document. The full document.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have found the document, sort to speak.

What Karl 12 referenced comes from a February 1960 New York Times article. Hillenkoetter did indeed send this letter to Congress; however, he did not do it in his role as CIA chief. He was already retired at this time and working for the civilian NICAP. The article does not state if Hillenkoetter was speaking on things he had knowledge of as CIA chief or if it was personal opinion; it may be as much to do about nothing as Hellyer.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
There is nothing to say about them. What we have are ancedotes, nothing more. Without evidence we can neither confirm nor deny their stories. Whether you believe them or not is a matter of faith.

Not realy,some of the incidents have radar evidence and government documentary evidence to back them up - you seem to be unaware of this (or choose to just ignore it) instead preferring to concentrate on criticising just one individual.

I'd actualy be amazed if you've even watched the two hour disclosure interviews -perhaps this is why you are so averse to actualy addressing their content.

In the absence of evidence, why should we believe them over the other officials who deny the existence of such things? Again, it is a question of faith.

As mentioned above,this is you again epousing the popular misconception that 'there is no evidence for UFOs'.
Whilst theres no unequivocable proof,there does exist credible radar/sonar evidence,government documentary evidence,circumstantial evidence,ground trace evidence and video/photographic evidence.

I think you might be confusing the UFO subject with organised religion (or just being purposefully obtuse).

You are dodging the question and attempting to derail by making the subject about me.

I also think you may just be being overly melodramatic and engaging in a little 'psychological projection'.
I've seen you attempt to derail many threads in the past by attempting to use childish,emotion enflaming tactics (whilst also conveniently never addressing any major points).
These traits are very unoriginal and predictable-maybe they're just the sign of a weak,evasive argument.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Greer has definitely gone over to the fringe side, but even I'm not about to compare him to Adamski....

For one thing, I think Greer actually believes everything he's told (and by everyone), where as Adamski is simply a deliberate and known (and proven) storyteller....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Not realy-some of the incidents have radar evidence and government documentary evidence to back them up...

Is there evidence that backs up these specific stories?

As mentioned above,this is you again epousing the popular misconception that 'there is no evidence for UFOs'.

Putting words were there are none.

I've seen you attempt to derail many threads in my time by using
childish,emotion enflaming tactics (whilst also conveniently never addressing major points) -these traits are very predictable and are probably just the sign of a weak,evasive argument.

Hmmm...you are right. You aren't doing that at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/55d01272903f601f.jpg[/atsimg]

And once again i may present...behold......The Loved One !

Steven Greer is a pathological liar and scammer. We did have enough eyewitness accounts from his legendary Ambassador of Love or the Universe or the FSM here on this site. We had his fantastic images analyzed ( see above, the Loved One )
No, i don't think he believes a single shred of what he is selling - he is knowingly scamming people for their money like dozens have done before him and when he is actually caught in a lie (Cancer rays from the government, exploiting the death of a friend, getting healed by aliens after floating above the trees anyone ? - yes these have been cult greers own words - do a research if you like ) he gets into a new territory ( all hail the completely bogus free energy he presents nowadays ).

Oh and i would really love to tear him apart in any open and honest debate, so if some of the cultists are reading that, please go and tell the good ol' country doctor.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Greer has definitely gone over to the fringe side, but even I'm not about to compare him to Adamski....

He probably has but theres some very interesting testimony in the interviews

Senior FAA Official John Callaghan:
www.youtube.com...

Harry Allen Jordan - UFO event aboard the USS Franklin D Roosevelt:
www.youtube.com...
More about incident here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Merle Shane McDow describes how an Atlantic Command Facility was put on the highest (Zebra) alert due to an unknown cylindrical object outrunning fighter jets over the Atlantic ocean:
Interview at 3:34:
www.youtube.com...

John Maynard -Defense Intelligence Agency,Top Secret Clearance:
www.youtube.com...

Captain Robert Salas:
www.youtube.com...

Pilot testimony:
Found at 1:57
www.youtube.com...
Other:
www.youtube.com...