It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ever Happened To The Dislosure Project Set Up By Stephen Greer?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have thought about this over the weekend and I was hoping someone with some knowledge could let me know:

What happened to the Steven Greer Disclosure Project? I have seen the video footage and heard from Steven Greer, what actually happened to the people that were going to testify in front of congress?

How did it just fizzle out without any outcome?

Just curious?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Although I don't follow such things very closely, it appears to me that 'celebrity' got in the way of disclosure.

Greer may have been the 'faceman' for the organized efforts, but that may not have been the wisest decision. Apparently he (or his behavior) has become a detriment to the effort. So that ship sails silently into the distance.... Unless another champion's the cause.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They are here...

disclosure project

Something from theyr page.

• January 26, 2009 - NICK POPE AND THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE ARE TAKEN TO TASK. Crop Circles and UFOs - The Truth we seek - by Colin Andrews (January 2009) -- Response from Nick Pope - (January 24, 2009)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
How did it just fizzle out without any outcome?

I think suffocating under the weight of their expectations is a good explanation.

I think one of the headlines Maxmars posted is a great example of the failure they set themselves up for...

The Truth we seek

...it seems, like many in this field, they are more interested in proving a pet theory right and less interested in pursuing the truth.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

They all state they will appear before Congress, Congress wasn't interested

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In this thread, somebody brought up a "rod" video from Stephen Greer. A rod video can kill anyone's credibility, even if they didn't know that rods are just bugs and were fooled themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The "Disclosure Project" turned out to be a big fizzle. Quite a few people stepped forward with their opinions or with interesting stories, but lo and behold none of them had the actual goods -- verifiable documentation or other testable evidence that could prove their claims. None. Zero.

Too bad, really. It would have been nice if somebody would have stepped forward with some actual evidence that could prove something -- aliens, time travelers, thought forms, whatever.

But that didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
In this thread, somebody brought up a "rod" video from Stephen Greer. .

Right. I forgot to add that one of the biggest and worst handicaps of the disclosure movement is Greer.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Greer certianly has the right people, but the wrong approach IMO. His early efforts were far more effective than they are today. He should have focused on the core of secrecy and continued with that effort instead of venturing off on chasing sightings and videos of UFO's and claims of home-made free energy devices that never worked.

He lost track and the entire project followed him to the T. All those years of effort that was about to crack open the vault is now in pieces and fragmented.

Too bad because they were so close to achieving the goal.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 9-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Quite a few people stepped forward with their opinions or with interesting stories, but lo and behold none of them had the actual goods...

Thus asking you to take their word on faith alone. Then you must ask yourself why you are taking them at their word.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Yeah, if the disclosure project tries again, they shouldn't use Greer. Even though I assume that he was just fooled by the rods and didn't do it on purpose for a hoax, that still makes him gullible, which is also a "no-no" for anyone involved in Ufology.

I think next time they should go with Fife Symington. People will take him more seriously, since people are trained to trust government officials.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yeah, if the disclosure project tries again, they shouldn't use Greer.

For all intents and purposes, Greer is the disclosure project.

I think next time they should go with Fife Symington...

Why? Why should anyone trust Fife Symington? It's already established he is a liar; how is credible now that he "admits" to having seen the Phoenix Lights?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I was just thinking that Greer could hand over the project to someone else.

As for Fife Symington, I had to google that because I've never heard about that before, and I see now that he lied on financial statements. Even though that has nothing to do with UFOs, I can see how some would bring that up to ruin his credibility.

Maybe they should go with Dan Aykroyd instead.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

As for Fife Symington, I had to google that because I've never heard about that before, and I see now that he lied on financial statements. Even though that has nothing to do with UFOs...

Actually, I was talking about UFOs. The day after the Phoenix Lights, he held a press-conference mocking those who had seen them. In effect, he lied.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

James Fox; director of 'Out Of The Blue', has also tried something similar to the disclosure project, this was back in 2007, also a National Press Club event. His approach was far more 'conservative' as he puts it per say in his interviews. And he never once made himself the center of the scene like Greer did in 2001.

James is now coming out with his new doc 'Beyond The Blue', and I think, that if distributed properly, he will have a good chance of changing many people's views in the mainstream concerning UFOs and the secrecy surrounding the subject.

But if I had to bet on it, I'd say that his efforts will most likely go without notice unfortunately, much like Greer.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Im thinking maybe this is one of the reasons he looking not so good these days.......on this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...

........to ridicule the witness.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by 38181]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Greer certianly has the right people

Greer had SOME of the right people, and also some of the WRONG people (including himself)....

The idea of the effort was great, but the execution was more than lacking...and I'm not really sure anyone else would actually fare any better... After all, you're talking about a subject that any Congressman would prefer to distance themselves from....

Nowadays, if I'm not mistaken, Greer is touting his bed and breakfast UFO summoning, crystal-waving retreats, so wouldn't expect the "truth" from this source....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The website is up and running, and I am sure they are taking in paying members. Stephen Greer and his disclosure site has always been about the Benjamins.

As for any information to be doled out to non paying members, I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The Disclosure Project unfortunately never got the Congressional hearings they wanted. Although they have awakened thousands of people to the UFO truth movement and all these other issues.

From what I can tell, Greer and the other Starlight/Disclosure Project people have not been idle. But the focus has shifted to disclosure of the game-changing technologies.

Check disclosureproject.org and theorionproject.org more carefully, they are currently leading a faxing campaign to brief the Obama Administration of the best new energy technologies that are proven and available. Cold Fusion, HHO Brown's gas, permanent-magnet motors etc etc.

A serious move by Greer and one that has gotten very little coverage

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well Sept. 11th happened.

Then some stupid videos of a moth and rods which destroyed all credibility. Very sad as he had some very credible people willing to testify in front of congress.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Starwatcher]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join