It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ever Happened To The Dislosure Project Set Up By Stephen Greer?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You know, Steven Greer is just one name in the New Energy movement. There are a lot of other names and a lot of things going on.

I wish some people could focus on the technologies instead of the attacks on Greer..

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If Mr Greer does do any type of disclosure or releases any of the evidence he claims to possess, he would lose the income he gets from the people who join his movement.

If Mr Greer is really serious, he needs to release something tangible. Other than that, he will be treated as a money grabbing joke.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Saviour Saviour Saviour I usually dont care but why is it that in the last two days you gone and tried to derail yet another ufo based thread??? Why oh why oh why I wonder.

Yes just ignore the fact that the witnesses are highly credible and concentrate on the weakest link in the armour (Greer) and of course begin yet again your systematic derailing of threads. Just like this one for example

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-(from about halfway down the page onwards)

Why exactly are you posting and putting so much effort into this thread if you dismiss everything about the Disclosure Project?????

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
but why is it that in the last two days you gone and tried to derail yet another ufo based thread??? Why oh why oh why I wonder.

Please, enlighten us as to why you think it is. Perhaps you could also tell us how I've derailed the thread aside from having an opinion you do not like.

Yes just ignore the fact that the witnesses are highly credible and concentrate on the weakest link in the armor (Greer)

No one is ignoring them. We have heard these stories. And we can discuss them all we want, but it will get us no where unless we have some sort of evidence, anecdotes aside. We can neither confirm nor invalidate their claims.

What we are faced here is a competition of authority. On the one hand, you have those that say there is a cover-up and one the other you have those who say there isn't. I will ask again, since no one has seen fit to answer: in such a situation, who do you believe?

And I was not the only one to voice their displeasure with Greer; many others have as well.

and of course begin yet again your systematic derailing of threads.

Contrary opinions are allowed on ATS; stating them is not a derailing of the thread. However, changing the focus from the subject-at-hand to individual members is.

If you feel I am derailing the thread, please make liberal use of the alert button at the bottom of every post.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Are these technologies that they are describing really real or not, that is what people should be asking!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
As far as forcing congress hold hearings, the disclosure project failed. But it did raise the hopes of people who were already interested in the subject.

As far as the general public, the even was covered by the press although not as much as he Mr.Greer had hoped, but I have`nt seen a public perception change or huge public outcry except for on forums like this.

It was a good idea and attempt, but could have made a larger impact had things been handled differenty.

It`s well known that Greer`s own credibility doesn`t hold much water, and he`s motivated by money.
But above that, it seems that he craves attention in a narcissistic way.

As far as the witnesses, Greer made the mistake of lumping credible (this is speculative) witnesses in with questionable witnesses. This tainted the water for the entire disclosure project.
In the same sense as If someone has a produced a lot of photo evidence in their case, and just one was proven to be falsified, then that has to bring the rest of the photo`s credibility into question whether they are genuine or not.

He seemed to have brought on anyone in who could back up his cause without doing much research into them. That unfortuantely was one of his mistakes.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROTJ6
Are these technologies that they are describing really real or not, that is what people should be asking!

Then let's ask that question. Are they real?

The briefing document says they are, but is a far-cry from proving it or proving they are being suppressed. So, what's next?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Disclosure Testimony of John Callaghan -senior FAA Official:
www.youtube.com...

Thread:
The strange story of JAL 1628

----

Harry Allen Jordan - UFO event aboard the USS Franklin D Roosevelt:
0:18
www.youtube.com...

Thread:

Just two of the testimonies which are backed up by
ground radar/air radar/sonar confirmation.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
The briefing document says they are, but is a far-cry from proving it or proving they are being suppressed. So, what's next?

Make a sustained effort to find out if they're real. Some of the technologies can be tested out for trivial cost

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Harry Allen Jordan - UFO event aboard the USS Franklin D Roosevelt:

Just two of the testimonies which are backed up by
ground radar/air radar/sonar confirmation.

There is no documentary evidence in the video, just Jordan's anecdote. If there is documentary evidence at the thread-link you provided? If so, could you link to the specific post?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thanks all who have replied to my post,

So basically he was laughed off the stage is that the story?

Thats a big shame because looking at the list of people that were willing to put their careers/lives on the line in front of congress. what happened to these people? The way I see it this man wrecked the chances we had of an early disclosure all for the name of money money money. Instead we are now having to wait a little longer

I don't know much about rods and other things he might have chased but do you think it was a posibility that he was bought off?

Why doesn't somebody take over from where he left off and start it again, there is much more support now than ever for ET contact.

Who do you think should take over from Steven Greers failed project?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
So basically he was laughed off the stage is that the story?

I don't think he was laughed off stage at all. I think everyone gave him a chance and was hopeful it would lead somewhere. But a combination of factors lead to many in the field dismissing the Disclosure Project.

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Who do you think should take over from Steven Greers failed project?

I do not think there are many who would be willing to touch it at least under the name of the Disclosure Project. And there are many others doing the same work simultaneous though seperate as Greer, but working in the trenches rather than spotlight.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Please stay on topic... Focus on the post, NOT the poster.

We're here to discuss "What Ever Happened To The Dislosure Project Set Up By Stephen Greer?", not our fellow members...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
If Mr Greer is really serious, he needs to release something tangible. Other than that, he will be treated as a money grabbing joke.

Exactly.

You know, sometimes I wonder who this Steven M. Greer really is. If you listen to him in interviews for example, the guy sounds like he's almost deliberately spewing sensationalist crap to put people off and/or distance any meticulous researchers away from the subject.

I often wonder if he's the one whose really a disinformation agent. What is the point of a disclosure project if you're gonna ruin it with tales of levitation etc..?

And he always wears a different mask for each of his supposed 'projects'. with the orion project he plays the environmentalist, with the disclosure project he plays Mr. "briefs high ranking officers and intelligence people".

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
the guy sounds like he's almost deliberately spewing sensationalist crap to put people off and/or distance any meticulous researchers away from the subject.

I think the sensationalism is deliberate, but rather to attract supporters rather than mislead anyone.

I often wonder if he's the one whose really a disinformation agent...

While I think Greer is a charlatan, I also think he is sincere. He believes the bunk he is spewing. There is no reason to think he is a disinformation agent; how is Greer any different than those members on ATS who believe every single UFO or alien story?

...with the disclosure project he plays Mr. "briefs high ranking officers and intelligence people".

When Greer claims he has briefed members of Congress or the military, he creates the illusion that he has had actual meetings and discussed these topics with them. In reality, all he has done is emailed or shipped them his "briefing documents." He is more likely "briefing" some very unfortunate interns assigned to the crank-file.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Did Steven Greer ever have Dr. Reed on his Disclosure Project?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshThompkins
Did Steven Greer ever have Dr. Reed on his Disclosure Project?

Thankfully no. That would have been beyond ridiculous, but I do believe that some of those witnesses of the disclosure project are genuine. But Steven Greer has ruined all hope of being taken seriously, and unfortunately he also tarnishes the real witnesses; as he represents them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join