It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Don't Riot… It's Just What They Want

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Rather than playing a guessing game to try to figure out how to do the opposite of what the government tells you to do, how about merely doing what it right? Even if it results in arrest, at least your heart and conscious are clear.

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody." - Romans 12:17

[edit on 10-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
THe only way to stop paying taxes is to change your deductions at your employment to the max you can claim, then don't file next year. It's tempting in the present economy. It would give me an extra $400 a month take home pay.

If this post were from anyone but Bombeni, I may have let it go, but knowing where my friend has been and where Bombeni is going...

"Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?"

"Caesar's," they replied.
Then he said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." - Matthew 22:20-21

"Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one." - Matthew 6:12-13

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:19-21

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Thanks I needed that and you are very correct.

Two wrongs never make a right.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I know I could go look it up but taking the lazy way: doesn't this Icke guy believe our government is run by some kind of "Reptiles" some kind of human-looking aliens or whatever?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
just wanted to post this, its about undercover cops pretending to be protesters setting disturbance in order to have and excuse to use force against the protesters. this was Bush jr. last visit to Canada.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Note what Ike says: "We need to come together in mutual support, love, kindness and empathy."

This involves putting off false pride, false egos, prejudice, bias opinions, hatred, bitterness, etc. Learn how to agree to disagree without becoming enemies over foolish issues that no one will care about when it's all over for everyone.
It will involve a complete shift in heart, mind, and consciousness.
It will involve HUMILITY.
Mutual support, humility, love, kindness, empathy, etc. transcends most religions.

I look for opportunities to perform acts of kindness each day. It's contagious. Do one act of kindness for one person and it will inspire that person to do the same, and so the wave builds.

There is no reason for people to go without necessities such as food, shelter, healthcare, education etc. while we have multi-billionaires cruising around the world sitting on their hands... watching....and doing nothing, and a gov. that spends 1.6 trillion to bail out banks and Wall Street.

[edit on 10/3/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
There is no reason for people to go without necessities such as food, shelter, healthcare, education etc. while we have multi-billionaires cruising around the world sitting on their hands... watching....and doing nothing, and a gov. that spends 1.6 trillion to bail out banks and Wall Street.

I hear ya, and agree we should certainly do something as a civilization (key word being 'civil') rather than the thrash and trash, "Death to King Louis!" For those who want to help provide food, shelter, healthcare, and education to people around the world, I think this is a good start: Compassion International

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am really surprised that people think refusing to pay taxes and other bills will change anything, I guess its just the horribly short attention span that most folks have these days. Ed Brown decided he didn't feel like paying taxes anymore, and that landed him in some very hot water that eventually led to both him and his wife being sent to prison for tax evasion among other things.

Not having a house, food, running water, or any transportation really is going to cramp your style when trying to organize some kind of movement. There really is no way to completely avoid contributing to the system; everything has some form of tax placed on it, and if you are living completely free of said things then you are likely either trespassing, squatting or loitering in some form or another.

Given that those in debt can and have been thrown in jail for not paying off their bills I would think after say the first maybe 10,000 people are jailed for this idea of resistance the rest would realize what will happen to them if they continue their course of action. And don't even start the whole "if we stick together" nonsense because we all know even if we wont admit it to ourselves that at the end of the day our first concern is ourselves (provided the person is single, otherwise its their family). This world has been so thoroughly indoctrinated into the concept of the individual that its neigh on impossible to override that and go from being a single strand of fiber to a expertly woven fabric that can weather the storm.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It appears what happens if you don't pay your taxes you get nominated for a government office job in Washington D.C. There is a fate I certainly do not want.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bharata
People always go for violence first.

Look at the Berlin wall, I remember the day that it came down. Something unthinkable then...

Yes, I remember the fall of the iron curtain. I remember the people walked peacefully through (then) Czechoslovakia, Hungary, and accross the weakened austro-hungarian border. We had a family from East Berlin stay at our house in Austria. We provided them with train tickets to West Berlin, where they were united with the part of their family that was waiting on the other side.
That's the problem with any system. It's limited by itself. Anything can be circumvented. Non-compliance can also mean that I will ignore the obstacles you put in my path. fences, walls, and minefields make no sense. Anyone can see that.

Please check out what I have to say here: Call for Sound Judgement
(Dear Mods: I apologize for the double thread!)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
[I hear ya, and agree we should certainly do something as a civilization (key word being 'civil') rather than the thrash and trash, "Death to King Louis!" For those who want to help provide food, shelter, healthcare, and education to people around the world, I think this is a good start: Compassion International

It's sad to think that there are multi-billionaires cruising on their multi-million dollar yachts right now that could afford helping out Compassion International and every child shown on their website without even missing the funds.

Capitalism sucks. It enslaves and controls the masses while a few get rich.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thymisou

ElectroMagnetic Multivers,
I partially agree. Non-compliance is part of the way to go. But a larger part is accepting our responsibilities.
Not paying taxes will not solve the problem. There do exist some things that taxes are useful for.

From my understanding, the main use of taxes is to pay the interest on the money loaned from the Bank of England (in our case). I would agree if this money was going towards the general upkeep and development of the country but it ain't. Either way, I was more pointing out how we could get them to take notice, protests they can shrug off, but half the country refusing to pay taxes would really pucker their a'holes.

Not paying your mortgage is not right. It's your responsibility to pay off money you borrowed. Just demand a fair deal (because chances are your current deal isn't fair
).

Very true, but again it is more to make the statement that without us, nothing works, same for utilities.

EMM

Edit to add:

I am really surprised that people think refusing to pay taxes and other bills will change anything, I guess its just the horribly short attention span that most folks have these days. Ed Brown decided he didn't feel like paying taxes anymore, and that landed him in some very hot water that eventually led to both him and his wife being sent to prison for tax evasion among other things.

Agreed, although I doubt they'd arrest half the country.

a/ They don't have the man power.
b/ They don't have the space.
c/ They would lose half of their yearly tax income.

These don't include the ramifications of having half the country out of work and in prison.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

It is nothing to do with 'not paying stuff' it is a message, they rely on us to run their countries, it is a message more for the people than for the government, we have more power than we think.

the issue is that we aren't the only ones thinking about such a scenario, the ptb most certainly used their time to prepare for any form of effective resistance.

people within the system may or may not believe that what they are doing is right, but that's irrelevant, and Nazi germany showed that. dependency is stronger than ideals, by a long shot, threaten their families or offer perks such as food, security and shelter on a paramilitary base, maybe even isolation and therefore protection from a (real or imagined) pandemic and they will just comply. besides, how many people would you need to run core services and the more shadowy parts of the army anyway? a percent of the population? two? not hard to see how you could hire enough thugs with the correct mindset, as only a fraction of these would be actual combatants.

people who don't will have to grow their own food, meet their own material needs through stockpile or skill in secret and never show up on the radar until it's all over. band together and you're a sect, go it alone and you're not amounting to much anyway. yes, people can end the charade, but doing so would expose them to the mercy of people who currently have all the strings in their hands. with a predominantly urban population, that's a recipe for tragedy.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by saint4God
[I hear ya, and agree we should certainly do something as a civilization (key word being 'civil') rather than the thrash and trash, "Death to King Louis!" For those who want to help provide food, shelter, healthcare, and education to people around the world, I think this is a good start: Compassion International

It's sad to think that there are multi-billionaires cruising on their multi-million dollar yachts right now that could afford helping out Compassion International and every child shown on their website without even missing the funds.

Capitalism sucks. It enslaves and controls the masses while a few get rich.

If you think capitalism is bad just wait until we go into the new phase - it will be so bad you will think back on this gone era and think it was really great!

China! Here we come!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
David Icke

Believes we are rules by Alien Reptilian Overlords

Yet is too much a coward to ever fight back...

Not much more to say,

assured he is we would loose... Much fear in him I think, the path to the dark side this is

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by Leto

Your just another dangerous type, just like the Bush hardcore's.

Anybody that thinks either party or president gives a crap about you, is delusional at best. And you think your going to fight Patriots? Please................If you didn't notice, most of your fellow Obamaites are either illegal, too young, or not willing to fight just to get free sh*t.

Excuse me? How are we illegal?

Oh, I don't know. Why don't you try asking ACORN!
For 5.2billion of tax payer money, they should answer all kinds of questions.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Anger and aggression will only be answered with anger and aggression.

Knowledge is power. Study and learn from history. Then take to the streets not in revolt but in political change. Run candidates for office. Vote for them.

Until they remove our freedom it's still here. We just have to take it back and not allow ourselves to be corrupted as those before us.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
David Icke is full of crap

In a talk he did, he mentioned that, by saying "don't do x," you in fact plant the meme in someone's mind. Telling people "not to riot" is ridiculous -- how many people are really rioting?

Educating the people via legal avenues will not trigger martial law. Rather, a very large group of people conspiring to purposefully incite a hostile takeover of government, so that they are labeled "terrorists" or "enemy combatants." Most Americans are not politically charged-up enough to angrily take to the streets.

If anything, these Marxist "revolutionary" assholes will trigger martial law -- not law-abiding dissenters.

Americans never took to the streets for Bin Laden or Bernie Madoff, so this is absolute crap

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
"Please Don't Riot...It's Just What They Want"? NO. To Heck with that idea. Burn the G--damn house down and show the government exactly who the hell is boss. The government is supposed to be our servant...NOT the reverse. This is a basic tenet of our way of life in this nation, not some radical new idea. If the government refuses to be subservient to the people, then it needs to be abolished.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Dont know which country you live in or what influences you have been subjected to but revolution without the loss of life has never and will never succeed. Its just how the cookie crumbles .

It can actually. Happened in my country in 1986.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join