It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are believers looked down upon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Hey Mods. Can this guy get some applause please?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
My reason for saying that is that the government can only cover up so much, they cannot cover up everything.

Maybe not everything, and that is why there are leaks. But they can certainly cover up some things that are very sensitive. Hence the term 'classified', could you learn about something that is 'classified'?

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
That's all well and good. Now prove it to me beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Remember there are such things called hallucinations audio and visual. As well as schiztophrenia.

First of all dude, no one is obligated to prove anything to you. However, if you're really that doubtful of the paranormal, but at the same time; really wanting to see.. how about you come here to Saudi Arabia.. and I'll show you something that will probably shake a person like you for the rest of your life. Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Don't presume to know me sir. You obviously missed the tongue in cheekiness that the person to whom I was addressing didn't.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That's all well and good. Now prove it to me beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Remember there are such things called hallucinations audio and visual. As well as schiztophrenia.

These pictures are what I can offer as proof .... the problem is, if you haven't experienced anything in your life for yourself, it will always remain a belief.
But you made a point in what you said. The problem is to prove something beyond a shadow of doubt and that's the crux. People need to experience for themselves.

Pictures I took in a cemetery ...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't forget to leave a comment!

Note: The following things were done in Photoshop:

1. brightened
2. downsized
3. copyright added

OK. Now you have seen it - and it won't have changed a thing LOL

I posted these images a while ago, but when I gave up my website I also changed my moniker. Therefore chance is that you might have seen them already. lol

Greetings

PS: If the links don't work anymore, you were too late

[edit on 7-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Don't presume to know me sir. You obviously missed the tongue in cheekiness that the person to whom I was addressing didn't.

My apologies if I misinterpreted your post to a rude poster. But I'd also let you know that it is also cheeky to suggest that people whom saw things as schizophrenic.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The last thing I will say on this matter is please re-read my initial post *and the few after it* sir and notice the dissimularities between those and the post that set you off. TheWriter was not offended.
Oh and I did not say that he was schzito, I said there is a known mental conidition that produces certain effects. Was not calling anyone anything.

reply to post by TheWriter

Not impossible that it's something that most label "supernatural". I think you can agree most people need to just agree to disagree on such things.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The last thing I will say on this matter is please re-read my initial post *and the few after it* sir and notice the dissimularities between those and the post that set you off.

Actually Watcher-In-The-Shadows, I was the one whom starred your first two posts, including your reply to me.

I was not set off, but I do find the 'schizophrenia' remark quite offensive.

Oh and I did not say that he was schzito, I said there is a known mental conidition that produces certain effects. Was not calling anyone anything

You are rightfully entitled to your opinion sir, but if you weren't suggesting that anyone is a 'schizo', then why would you bring this up in the first place?.. and here's another remark you made;

The crux of the matter is *to play devil's advocate* can you be sure you saw what you think you saw? Perception is after all a tricky things.

So basically, you find it hard to believe that someone had an experience you don't relate to or never had, so you resort to statements like this?.. even if this is what you believe, you still shouldn't say something like this on the boards.

Anyways, I'm not here to insult anyone, but just try to keep an open mind, even if you don't agree.

Peace,,

[edit on 7/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Not impossible that it's something that most label "supernatural". I think you can agree most people need to just agree to disagree on such things.

Now since you have seen the pictures, I will remove them again. They remain for the time being on the media site. I posted them just for you.

You don't have to agree with me at all. As I said I am not one of these who need confirmation. If all people on this planet laughed at me, I would still walk proud for even if you are in the minority of one, the truth is still the truth. I have offered you proof. You have my statements. Now you need to experience yourself.

In regard to schizophrenics ...
1. I am positive that there have been times when you were alone and you suddenly spoke aloud.

2. Or you explain something to yourself aloud when you learn something.

3. I am positive that you didn't know why you suddenly spoke aloud

4. I am positive that you don't know where your thoughts come from when you speak.

Based on the listed points above, you don't have any real firm ground to judge others. Oh, it wasn't only directed at you.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Actually Watcher-In-The-Shadows, I was the one whom starred your first two posts, including your reply to me.

I was not set off, but I do find the 'schizophrenia' remark quite offensive.

You are rightfully entitled to your opinion sir, but if you weren't suggesting that anyone is a 'schizo', then why would you bring this up in the first place?.. and here's another remark you made;

Thank you for the stars but that warrents questions as to why you're breathing volumes into my statements that was not even infered.
I can't imagine why you would find that offensive. I wasn't calling you schitzo and nor was I calling anyone who believes in anything schitzo, I was, as I said, merely pointing out the fact that there exists mental conidition that produces the results of people seeing and hearing things that aren't there. It is worth mentioning after all in a conversation such as thing as it is a possible factor.

So basically, you find it hard to believe that someone had an experience you don't relate to or never had, so you resort to statements like this?.. even if this is what you believe, you still shouldn't say something like this on the boards.

Never said anything of the sort. And you are once again failing to note the fact my comments were meant in jest to the person to whom I was speaking to, and was noted as such by that individual.
But I hate to tell you, this board asks for opinions, not just the ones that agree with yours. And as I have repeatedly stated this is not my belief, please recognize that.

Get off your high horse if you would please.

Anyways, I'm not here to insult anyone, but just try to keep an open mind, even if you don't agree.

Peace,,

Translation: "I am not here to insult anyone but you have a closed mind."
How is that not an insult? My advice is to take a nice long look in the mirror friend.

Anyrate have a good day.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

*face palm* I WAS NOT JUDGING YOU! AHHHH!!!!!
I happen to be a Pagan *yes I practice "Magick"* so will you people please do the math as to how many people call me crackers and worse? I would hardly do it to others. I was merely mentioning something stop being so gods be damned touchy PLEASE.
Persecution complexes aside.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

*face palm* I WAS NOT JUDGING YOU! AHHHH!!!!!
I happen to be a Pagan *yes I practice "Magick"* so will you people please do the math as to how many people call me crackers and worse? I would hardly do it to others. I was merely mentioning something stop being so gods be damned touchy PLEASE.

LOL I am not touchy.

But seeing you writing in caps, I feel that you should take a break. Sweaty palms already?

No, seriously let's move on. We have all exchanged our thoughts, what's next?

Greetings

ps: persecution complexes aside?
man, we are facing a bioattack, an RFID tagging, the NWO, and an end of the world in 2012 ... we are allowed to have some complexes, right? lool

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It's called emphesis grasshoppa, the caps I mean. Either way. Cabbages, kings or both?

P.s.: Not the context in which I meant it. I do not presume to know you and thusly do not know *or care really* your stance on those things.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I wasn't calling you schitzo and nor was I calling anyone who believes in anything schitzo

Okay, I was being polite, but you seem to be struggling with this, so let me explain again;

if you were never 'inferring' that anyone here is schizophrenic or even possibly schizophrenic, then why the remarks in the first place?

as I said, merely pointing out the fact that there exists mental conidition

And your point is?

It is worth mentioning after all in a conversation such as thing as it is a possible factor.

See, this is where you confirm the original remark. But try to bring it up in a cute way, so as to say a 'possibility'. Fair enough, but you should know that scrutiny works both ways.

Never said anything of the sort.

Really?..See above.

But I hate to tell you, this board asks for opinions, not just the ones that agree with yours.

Again, that works both ways.

Get off your high horse if you would please.

Right after you get off yours.

Translation: "I am not here to insult anyone but you have a closed mind.

I never said that, but since you translated it this way yourself...

How is that not an insult? My advice is to take a nice long look in the mirror friend.

It was never meant as an insult, but it seems this is how you quote and quote; 'translated' it.

Anyrate have a good day.

You too

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

P.s.: Not the context in which I meant it. I do not presume to know you and thusly do not know *or care really* your stance on those things.

Of course you don't care. I presume that many people don't care.
A forum serves too often just for mental masturbation,
e.g. "I am right. You are wrong." or "I am great and you are stupid."

I have met some great people on this forum, but I still assume that a good deal of members simply don't care and are just on for the ego thing.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

*rolls his eyes*
No, your opinion are yours and you're welcomed to them. Doesn't mean it effects my frame of reference as I do not accept as fact anything that's told to me on the simple basis of the tellers assurance that it is fact regardless of what I am told. Otherwise I would be rather conflicted don't you think, not mention insanely gullible.
So your comment about ego masterbation does not apply to me though I am sure *if I caught the correct inference* you will disagree.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Actually no. Leaving is better than arguing with someone who is merely arguing with their illusion of what you said, despite what you may say and persists in doing so.
Seeing as to how you most likely believe it somehow shows how righteous you are.

So once again. Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Can we focus on the on the topic please, and not on each other.

STAY ON TOPIC AND KEEP IT CIVIL!

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So back to the topic and the question:
Why are believers looked down upon?

-- Here my answer (completely independent from this thread):

The main reason is because they don't swim with the stream.
In other words: Those who make so much effort to screen out everything around them resort to naming others schizophrenic and insane, because they may present a threat to them.

Let's take another example:
A person travels each day for years the same route. One day, however, this person is told that there is in fact a fantastic alternative route. Since the traveler has never considered exploring alternative routes, he/she acts antagonistically. Many aspects or egos (each ego is an aspect) are so distinct and don't want to lose importance.

Importance? Yes. Importance. The question why believers are looked down upon is not because they believe something else, but because they don't swim with the stream.

A paradox: Someone who has seen aliens is considered a nutter. A good deal of skeptics is getting emotionally excited and can't stop bashing someone. I mean, the paradox is: Why would someone bother what a so called "nutter" thinks, if one knows better?
The answer is simple: Because that person swims against the stream. The ego always tries to show how great one is. Fear of being wrong (also an ego/aspect thing)

Society is conditioned. People are programmed.
The system of brainwashing is so fantastic that once the people have been programmed through years of education, etc. - they control one another by means of ridicule, mockery, etc.
The demand for proof is way too often nothing but a facade. The programming is way too strong that considering possibilities is ever an option for many.

Oh there is something I find pretty interesting:
I know a few people in this town who don't believe in ghosts, who do martial arts and who are so self-confident in what they know. But why are they scared of walking through the cemetery at night?

Greetings

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join