It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell blows lid on Nasa!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Maybe these aliens would save us from our governments.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag
What you saw on that video are the ramblings of someone who lost it and speaks of things that are all in his mind. He achieved something a lot of us wish we had. But aside from that, nothing else that he says has any truth to it, just a wild speculator that cannot support anything he says aside from what he did as an astronaut.

reply to post by CASH69

You know - certainly anyone in any field could be dillusional - despite their expertise or accomplishments...

However - I'd have a lot easier time dismissing him if there weren't so many other Astronauts, Cosmonauts, Military Professionals, Porfessional Pilots, and Government Officials (both current and former) - coming forward with similar testimonies...

Imho - not having encoutered a UFO myself - I would have to logically conclude either something IS going on - or it is a purposeful disinformation campaign.

The currently released pilot conversations and radar data seem to support the former hypothesis rather than the latter however.

I am not sure how one can put such casual skepticism in the face of so much compelling evidence.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

Why not just wish for Jesus or King Arthur to come back and save you?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

However - I'd have a lot easier time dismissing him if there weren't so many other Astronauts, Cosmonauts, Military Professionals, Porfessional Pilots, and Government Officials (both current and former) - coming forward with similar testimonies...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But at the end of the day what are they actually saying? Just because these witnesses work in government or NASA, or the armed forces for that matter, doesn't make them better witnesses than us mere mortals who work 9 to 5! In fact, a study by psychologist,Dr Christopher French, shows that these type of people are just as likely to make the same mistakes as we are when faced with something out of the ordinary. You could also argue that these professions are just as likely to have Walter Mitty characters working within them as any other workforce!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Regardless of what some may believe,the UFO experience is a real thing. Sometimes is seems so hard to swallow,but millions of people around the world all cant be wrong. I have seen UFOs on and off most of my life now,and so many with friends and witnesses that i feel they may be tracking me. I also believe our government is going way out of their way to keep this quiet at all costs. I tend to think that they are more interested in gaining military edge from this technology. I don't think its right not to use this knowledge for the better of man kind,although i can see where any country would want to use this as a military edge and unfortunately we need the edge with so many neanderthal leaders today. I also fear that the alien beings could mean us harm,i don't agree with Edgar Mitchell,that he thinks they wouldn't. They are advanced scientists who far surpass us in every form of technology ever known. I still hope someone is looking out for us that is good. There are many things we don't understand, and may never and we don't know whats coming our way in the future, and how it will impact us. There are many theories about what could happen,but because of a selfish government we could be the last to know,and then it will be too late. Maybe theirs nothing we can do,or for once in the earths rotten history,we will have something positive happen for once.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69
I also fear that the alien beings could mean us harm,

But you don't fear what our world leaders are doing and have been doing since the dawn of time?

Edgar Mitchell is correct, it's not the aliens we should be worrying about.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If we all cant relate to the fact that MANY highly educated professional people are risking their reputations,livelyhoods,and in some cases their lives to facilitate disclosure then we are truly in trouble.

My apologies to anyone who is offended by the statement I am about to make.

If you are an uneducated ,hardworking,good person and all that crap,good for you!But all the B.S in the world wont change the fact that these professional people have eclipsed you and I in the game of life.They are more knowledgable than we are in a general sense,they are able to remain committed to one course of action for much longer than us and they have made a decision to go above and beyond AVERAGE to test the limits of their intellect.I am perfectly happy being average as are most of us ,so dont feel bad because I just reminded you that you ARE AVERAGE because you didnt make the choices these professionals made in their lives.

It is the risk of public humiliation that we are really discussing here.Bob the plumber doesnt have to worry about being treated in a punitive manner by his peers when he says he saw aliens.Who cares what the plumber says he saw?Bob has nothing to lose.Professionals do!

Dont you see that it is THE LEVEL OF EDUCATION THAT THESE PEOPLE HAVE RECIEVED that has given them a perspective of their world that FORCES THEM TO FEEL THE NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE TO HUMANITY.If you dont understand what I mean maybe you better just trust me and accept that we are both average,and not whine about it.

The grass is always greener on the other side and humans CANNOT KEEP SECRETS.The burden is to great to bear for any human.When we are young and feel immortal we will keep secrets based on structures we have been conditioned to adhere to ,such as our government or our professional organisations.BUT WHEN WE GET OLD AND ARE FACED WITH OUR OWN MORTALITY WE LOSE OUR FEAR AND SPEAK OUR TRUTHS.

A deathbed confession carries legal weight.For all of us average people ,lets just think about these statements made by these professionals as BEING PROFESSIONAL DEATHBED CONFESSIONS.Because that is exacatly what they are.AND IN MY AVERAGE OPINION THE STATEMENTS CARRY A GREAT DEAL MORE WEIGHT THAN ANYTHING BOB THE PLUMBER HAS TO SAY.

Dont misinterpret me either,we still need to hear and respect Bob the plumber,but for the love of Murphy,can Bob please put up his hand and admit to being average so the REST OF US BOBS CAN FINALLY START TO LEARN FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE SMARTER AND MORE ABLE TO SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE THAN WE ARE .

I am so tired of the I'm as smart as you story-line,its really old already.Who the hell in their right mind would question multiple professionals who present parallel evidence?

We arent here to constantly debate credibility as related to level of education SIMPLY BECAUSE THE DEBATE ENDED WHEN AVERAGE BOB DECIDED TO SLOW DOWN HIS ABSORBTION OF INFORMATION AND DECIDED TO SIT ON THE FENCE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE,NO OFFENSE INTENDED BOB.You may want to skip the twenty or thirty years it would take you to get anywhere near the level of understanding of your own world that these people have,AND THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO DO THAT--shut up and listen,and quit trying to defend your lack of education based on some rediculous "you are not better than me because you went to school"crap.

Just listen and learn,we can all do that but very few of us have the twenty or thirty years to become highly educated.This isnt a debate ,us average Bobs are learning from this.At least those of us average Bobs who dont have inferiority complexes and feel the need to cry foul because someone is MORE EDUCATED THAN WE ARE.

Good thing I apologised at the beginning ,isn't it??

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Seems to me that you're putting yourself down by admitting that these people who came forward as part of the ill fated Disclosure project are somehow better than you and therefore make better witnesses. This is utter nonsense!
You can have an IQ of 150 but when you are faced suddenly with something out of the ordinary you are just as likely to make the same mistakes, and jump to the wrong conclusions as everyone else. Also, consider this. The higher your intellect the more room your imagination has for creating vivid images and hallucinations. An ordinary man of average intellect may hallucinate a little green man while someone of a higher intellect would hallucinate men from the Sirius system. Their aliens would draw on the subjects own knowledge to embellish these fantasies with tales of plasma drives and star jumps. . . In this case, being clever may be a disadvantage. . .

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by disfugured

Why not just wish for Jesus or King Arthur to come back and save you?

Loosen up it was a joke.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Yep i agree. Neil Armstrong knows exactly whats going on. He is so uptight and never giving interviews you can just tell hes a 'team player' for Government. He wants to be remembered a hero , not a Ufo nut. He has many reasons to stay quiet especially because of his denials in the past. He is a very proud man and will not be disclosing anything ever IMO. Which is actually sad , but oh well.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Edgar Mitchell is a lying f*g..

Watch how he reacts to questioning about his alleged moon landing in the video 'A funny thing happened on the way to the moon'.

A disinfo agent if ever Ive seen one & to make matters worse he's proud of it & shows no remorse.

Disgusting.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Just a thought...

Given the media backflip over the past few years trying to slowly convince people UFOs are a reality, instead of making people seem nuts if they report seeing one, is there any chance Dr Mitchell is following instructions?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Just a thought...

Given the media backflip over the past few years trying to slowly convince people UFOs are a reality, instead of making people seem nuts if they report seeing one, is there any chance Dr Mitchell is following instructions?

Its the new age attitude to the subject and thank god for our new generation who do not ly down to easily.

As you implied, years ago if anyone claimed to witness a UFO or ET's it was treated like some skeleton in a cupboard thing and never let it be spoken without personal degredation on a massive scale.

Now its I saw this and this and if you dont believe me *Snip* basicaly.

The Apollo guys are now at the age where they have their pension and gone past the 50yr restriction, and now at the end of their career and days do not give a # who they upset.

Great thread F&S

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
not surprising, anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand knows that we've been being visited for a long time.

those are my thoughts.

I go with that attitude,and you forgot their box which they live in.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Just a thought...

Exactly. The elite want us to believe in aliens. Why else do you think they keep feeding us the space movies and TV programs?

William Cooper said they deliberately pretend to be covering up. He also said the phony moon landings were done to convince the world that interplanetary travel was possible.

It is obvious to me they have a fake alien invasion planned. It's also obvious the black ops military are conducting grotesque breeding experiments in their DUMBs, mixing human, plant, animal as well as reptile and insect DNA with human, possibly also demonic seed as per the Bible which says God caused the flood partly because of the mixing of the seed of demons with human. The Greek myths are not all myth it seems, and mainstream media is reporting the creation of chimeras of all sorts by these Frankenstein-like "scientists" -- who are nothing more than Nazi satanists from Operation Paperclip origin.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

SotE....

Your final paragraph above does your 'argument' no good whatsoever.

The point isn't that NASA 'faked' Apollo going to the Moon (they didn't) but that they, NASA, are keeping vastly different advanced technology from general knowledge.

To imply that it's some grand plan of a 'false-flag' alien invasion....man, that's just outright paranoid.

(BTW....'demons' and the 'devil'???? Wow! Just....wow.)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

SotE....

Your final paragraph above does your 'argument' no good whatsoever.

The point isn't that NASA 'faked' Apollo going to the Moon (they didn't) but that they, NASA, are keeping vastly different advanced technology from general knowledge.

To imply that it's some grand plan of a 'false-flag' alien invasion....man, that's just outright paranoid.

(BTW....'demons' and the 'devil'???? Wow! Just....wow.)

You put far too much faith in "science-so-called" and far too little faith in the Creator of the universe and the existence of spiritual adversaries.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I just looked again.....

This is the 'Aliens and UFOs' thread, not a religious thread.

It is, also, about what Dr. Mitchell has said, not really a discussion about Apollo. Plenty of 'moon conspiracy' threads around.

If you'll note, Mitchell admits that, due to the compartmentilization, he didn't see everything, but of course those others that did, sometimes shared.

AND, if I may rant....before anyone dismisses science, one should stop to seriously consider the amazing piece of equipment one is using right now to criticsize. Personally, I'm glad not to be living in the Dark Ages.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I just looked again.....

This is the 'Aliens and UFOs' thread, not a religious thread.

It is, also, about what Dr. Mitchell has said, not really a discussion about Apollo. Plenty of 'moon conspiracy' threads around.

If you'll note, Mitchell admits that, due to the compartmentilization, he didn't see everything, but of course those others that did, sometimes shared.

AND, if I may rant....before anyone dismisses science, one should stop to seriously consider the amazing piece of equipment one is using right now to criticsize. Personally, I'm glad not to be living in the Dark Ages.

This thread is about Edgar Mitchell and if he did or did not see aliens.

I say no. I say he is a piker. As to the religion issue, many people make a religion out of UFOs, aliens and "science-so-called."

And I might put you in that category, based on your comments I've read so far. There is true science and there is pseudo-science, and those who believe in pseudo-science have made it a religion, based on belief and wishful thinking, magical thinking, not fact or truth. So not only is it a religion, but a false religion at that. Such people are fanatics, narrow-minded, not reasonable, and have made science and their own supposed great intelligence their god.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The bottom line still remains and it is this--If you are choking and your plumber tells you to cut a hole in your throat and shove a straw in the bleeding hole you are going to fight him with every ounce of energy you have[what the hell does a plumber know about saving your life?],ultimately when you finally run out of air you will beg him to cut and shove,BUT NOT UNTIL YOUR ARE FACED WITH DEATH WILL YOU TRUST THE PLUMBER.

What if you have more energy because of your panic than the plumber has because of his good will?Maybe he doesnt get the straw into you soon enough and you die?

If you are choking and a doctor tells you to cut a hole in your throat and stick a straw in it ,you would certainly show trepidation but you will start gently poking yourself in the throat to test for tenderness.Your faith in the doctors knowledge being greater than your own actually aids the physician in treating you because your energy and focus are now parrallel to his own.Long before you completely run out of air you will be poking a little harder and a little harder until you are able to save yourself.

Even if the doctor doesnt have enough energy to shove the straw in YOU DO AND YOU WILL BECAUSE HISTORY SAYS YOU WILL.

The plumber may have been right because he spends three hours a night reading medical texts because it helps him relax after a hard days digging in crap.YOU MAY NEVER KNOW THIS BECAUSE YOU WOULDNT ROLL THE DICE WITH HIM UNTIL IT WAS TO LATE AND YOU DIED.

It doesnt really matter who you gamble on in the future,because what will be will be,THE ONLY CHOICE THAT YOU CAN MAKE IS THE SPEED WITH WHICH YOU DECIDE TO ACT.

It is this timing that will be the deciding factor in possibly billions of peoples lives.

Let me give you a hint ,a small hint,EDGAR MITCHELL DOESNT INSTALL TOILETS FOR A LIVING AND YOU DONT HAVE MUCH TIME,WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO KANGAROO???

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join