It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell blows lid on Nasa!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He says they aren't hostile. I don't agree with that. They are not friendly. They steal people and do painful things to them. And I can't help but wonder if we are all being grown for some nafarious slave/food source or something. It's obvious that the nasty critters don't care about us.

Exactly right FF.

It is the "or something" that you refereed to. They use negative human emotions as a drug. That is why this Beautiful planet, that should be a paradise is always in constant turmoil, war, political strife, etc.

forum.noblerealms.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Exopolitico
Second, this is another example of confirmation bias (a lot of that going around this morning). You believe he saw something on the moon and no matter what Mitchell says, it is proof he saw something.

Don't distort my words. Where on my statement do I say he saw something on the moon? Nowhere. Don't obfuscate. I am simply saying that in conversations I have heard with him (and I have the audio), he says that if he did, he doesn't remember. He (Mitchell) also says that he wouldn't be surprised if we already had people there mining helium-3. This is the sixth man to walk on the moon saying this. Of course, many just say he is simply senile. Why does Buzz Aldrin always want to vomit when he is asked about what he saw on the moon? Why has Armstrong remained almost secluded? It makes you wonder if mind control had something to do with it. Just my opinion.

You are right about something. Just because we saw "footage" is not concrete proof that he/USA went to the moon. As well as what he is hearing from the widow referenced above. However, I tend to believe Dr. Mitchell more than many others. Why did his interview with Kerrang radio caused such a stir? Because it is Dr. Edgar Mitchell talking. He has said he is privileged to have received information confirming we are not alone. Now, it is your choice to discern and make your own conclusion. Is that evidence? No. But it is worthy of asking more questions.

Oh, and by the way, that Eisenhower/extraterrestrial meeting is getting some traction lately since a Coast to Coast AM show for the 55th Anniversary of this meeting was canceled with Dr. Michael Salla, who has researched this and was to appear when the studio lost power 30 seconds before the show started. There is more information coming out this week, and I will not be specific.

In his own words "We have been visited and the government has been covering it up for a very long time." You can believe him if you want to.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

When talking about extraterrestrial intelligences, human morality does not apply and we must dismiss very human notions such as good or evil.

Interesting. Thought provoking.

I do think that good and evil can be applied.
If what they do is negative towards us .. that's an evil.
If what they do is a positive towards us .. that's a good.

It may not be an evil on them because they may or may not be aware that what they are doing is an evil. But it's still an evil.

Poor example but the best I can come up with ... If someone commits murder it's evil. If that someone is mentally unable to understand that they have committed murder it means that they are not culpable, but it's still an evil that they did and it's still an evil experienced by the dead person.

Interesting to discuss, SaviorComplex.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
SaviorComplex,

I have found some common ground with you (didn't see it coming), and I'm glad. Yes, our morality is a human trait and we don't have any evidence of what the equivalent of morality is for the extraterrestrials.

The parallels of us simply being an ant hill in the eyes of a more advanced civilization make sense to me also. When a human being steps on an ant hill, the ants have to fend for themselves and other humans don't get involved to save the ants.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I do think that good and evil can be applied.
If what they do is negative towards us .. that's an evil.
If what they do is a positive towards us .. that's a good...

Things are not so black-and-white. Let us take a rather Earth-bound example. Say a pack of wolves kill a deer, would you consider it an evil act? Those same wolves will feed their pups with the kill; would you consider that an act of good? It is neither, it just is, because human morality does not apply.

Morality developed among humans as a survival tool; without some sort of morality we would find interactions and cooperation difficult (this is very simplistic explanation, I know...). It would stand that any intelligent society out there would also develop a morality system; but we cannot possibly fathom how that morality developed or what it demands.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Don't distort my words. Where on my statement do I say he saw something on the moon? Nowhere...

Not twisting your words; I took that to be your meaning.

he says that if he did, he doesn't remember. He (Mitchell) also says that he wouldn't be surprised if we already had people there mining helium-3. This is the sixth man to walk on the moon saying this.

You are making an appeal to authority fallacy. His standing as sixth-man-on-the-moon is irrelevant; nothing about his experience there lead him to that conclusion. It is his personal opinion.

You are right about something. Just because we saw "footage" is not concrete proof that he/USA went to the moon.

That isn't what I said at all...

Why did his interview with Kerrang radio caused such a stir? Because it is Dr. Edgar Mitchell talking. He has said he is privileged to have received information confirming we are not alone. Now, it is your choice to discern and make your own conclusion. Is that evidence? No. But it is worthy of asking more questions.

Sure, but without evidence all we have is a story we can not confirm as true or false. I am not saying he is senile or a liar. All I am saying ancedotes alone leave us in a neutral position.

Oh, and by the way, that Eisenhower/extraterrestrial meeting is getting some traction lately...

And until we see the supposed film we have nothing.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69
I Saw this Video on you tube,and thought this was a very important testimony from Edgar Mitchell. Any thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

Edgar Mitchell is a freemason and he has headed up a UFO foundation for years. He's an occultic and a liar.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Thread title is a little misleading.

To "blow the lid" seems to infer that this man has inside knowledge that NASA is covering up ET visitation. I came here thinking that there would be some "whistle-blower" type evidence that Dr. Mitchell was claiming to reveal, but there is none. He in fact has never indicated that he has any "inside information" whatsoever...the information on which he is basing his opinion is the EXACT same information that you and I already know.

I haven't heard Dr. Mitchell offer up any new evidence beyond what is already out there. He is simply another private individual with an opinion on ET visitation. In this case, he just happens to be a former Apollo astronaut -- although he has never revealed anything that would make his former occupation relevant to that opinion.

I'm not saying he isn't entitled to his opinion -- on the contrary; he certainly is entitled. However, some people (including some on this forum) are reading a bit too much into one man's personal opinion.

EDIT: I see SaviorComplex (above) posted the same message I included in my post -- I need to learn to type faster.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I haven't heard Dr. Mitchell offer up any new evidence beyond what is already out there. He is simply another private individual with an opinion on ET visitation. In this case, he just happens to be a former Apollo astronaut -- although he has never revealed anything that would make his former occupation relevant to that opinion.

My point exactly, SGiP. The excitement regarding Mitchell's opinion is built whole-cloth from an appeal to authority. And in his case, this authority has nothing to do in regards to the opinion.

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
EDIT: I see savior complex posted the same message I included in my post (I need to learn to type faster).

In full disclosure, SGiP and I are part of the same brainwashed hive-mind disinformant conspiracy.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
Edgar Mitchell is a freemason and he has headed up a UFO foundation for years. He's an occultic and a liar.

That is quite a charge, very similar to the appeal-to-authority arguments, instead of being built on evidence. Do you have evidence that Mitchell is a liar?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

Thank you so much for posting this interview link!

I have never heard it before, and I found it very interesting!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The excitement regarding Mitchell's opinion is built whole-cloth from an appeal to authority.

This is not true, Dr. Mitchell strikes most of us, as a sincere person. Then, not to mention that's he's an American hero.

And in his case, this authority has nothing to do in regards to the opinion

Actually, Mitchell has stated before, that he's talked with people from military and intelligence circles, whom would be in the know about such things, and they relayed to him; that an extraterrestrial craft was recovered in Roswell, then the subsequent cover up.

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth

As Savior asked earlier, do you have any evidence to support this claim of Mitchell being a liar?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Leave it to Salt of the Earth to spread ignorance. I don't think I've ever seen a post where he ever had anything productive to say. It's always that guy is a @^#$ Liar. He thinks aliens are just demons working with the NWO to bring about the coming of the Anti-Christ. Which is a plausible theory even though it makes him look at every other theory with hostility and makes very sure to let everyone know they are crazy liars. Oh well!!

Personally I think Bob Lazar needs a little looking into. I've seen several debates as to the validity of his material and the only thing I have to say about it is that he explained aspects of a really major discovery if it is real. Interstellar travel!! He claims to have figured out this alien tech. If he lied then we move on but if he is telling the truth then CMON! Someone needs to get cracking on verifying the science!!! I mean really verify it in a lab in practice! If it is real its the most important thing ever discovered.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I Saw this Video on you tube,and thought this was a very important testimony from Edgar Mitchell. Any thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

Yes, I'm getting tired of people posting YouTube links without actually making either a summary of the video content or actually stating why they thought to post a YouTube link in the first place.

If you think it's an "important testimony", why not actually say why you think it's an "important testimony"?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
This is not true, Dr. Mitchell strikes most of us, as a sincere person. Then, not to mention that's he's an American hero.

That is my point exactly. The fact he is a hero has nothing to do with his personal opinion. It is an appeal to authority and hero worship; A says B, A is related to something positive, therefore B must be true.

Actually, Mitchell has stated before, that he's talked with people from military and intelligence circles...

And without evidence these anonymous second-and-third-hand ancedotes are just stories. We can not confirm them as true or false, leaving us nowhere.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The only difference is, is that Edgar Mitchell was one of the astronauts that walked on the moon,supposedly,lol. Maybe he should know something we don't. Is he credible or senile?

Hey, my Grandpa is 91 and not senile!!
I suggest you read "The way of the explorer" written by Edgar Mitchell.
Get enlightened on the subject, then throw in your two cents.
Until then, please stop disrespecting a great man.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

without evidence these anonymous second-and-third-hand ancedotes are just stories. We can not confirm them as true or false, leaving us nowhere.

True that there is no evidence to support his claim.

But we aren't left nowhere..You are left to believe him, or don't believe him. It's up to you.

He strikes me personally as a sincere person. I wouldn't go as far to say 'hero worship' as you stated, but his record, achievements, and credentials are certainly admirable.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
But we aren't left nowhere..You are left to believe him, or don't believe him. It's up to you.

Which is why we are left nowhere. Yet another rorschach test...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yet another rorschach test...

Many skeptics consider the Rorschach inkblot test pseudoscience

en.wikipedia.org...

Pseudoscience is any knowledge, methodology, belief, or practice that is claimed to be scientific, or that is made to appear to be scientific, but which does not adhere to the scientific method, lacks supporting evidence or plausibility, or otherwise lacks scientific status.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Do you not understand metaphor or are you being obtuse on purpose?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join